- Messages
- 51
- Classified ads
- 2
Who’s your reload guy? Or do you just buy bulk ammo?It’s…a problem for sure haha
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Who’s your reload guy? Or do you just buy bulk ammo?It’s…a problem for sure haha
Walther PDP is the best gun as shown here, proof it's super viable lol
Btw how many mods to those "Glocks"
I just wanna know how the 3rd place winner is doing from the hospital with his totally unsafe P320.
you guys none of this is a real argument, anyone that's competed has been beat by a Glock so clearly they are competitive. Has anyone actually said they aren't competitive? Glock guys are annoying when someone says they like a different platform better, they say trigger doesn't matter, grip doesn't matter etc. Other people are annoying if they say that Glocks don't work. In this day and age all the guns work. I do think that ergonomics matter more than people give them credit for, there's a bit of survivorship bias to point to people that win with glocks and say that because of that, everyone should be ok with a Glock because those people pick up a Glock and like how it is, I personally hate everything about the ergonomics and prefer my M&Ps by a lot. But no one is really wrong for wanting a better trigger or ergonomics that they like. Some people have lego man hands that fit glocks and some people have human hands. Ironically because of the laws here Glocks are no longer the simplest cheapest choice so it's hard to say "just get a glock" when they cost more than an HK. Maybe next year that will be different.
Again that's survivorship bias, the Glock elements work for you but for me they don't to the point that getting a gun that fit literally made me a "better shooter". That's literally the only reason Glock guys getI think we're all different, and that's perfectly fine. Everyone should pick whatever platform works best for them. Nothing wrong with having preferences.
I think much of the angst comes from the constant criticism of Glocks. Outdated design, crappy trigger, bad grip angle, terrible ergonomics, blah blah blah. LOL. Sure, newer handguns offer some nice improvements, but I honestly think people sometimes make those differences out to be much bigger than they really are.
I've seen guys running fully decked-out Staccatos get outshot by guys with plain old Glocks, both in competition and tactical/defensive shooting classes. Nothing against Staccatos, they're great guns! My point is simply that spending more on hardware doesn't necessarily translate to better shooting.
At the end of the day, I still believe fundamentals and technique matter far more than the equipment. A nicer trigger or better ergonomics can certainly help, but there's only so much the gun can do for you.
And really, that's all I'm trying to say. We're fortunate to have so many great options these days. Shoot whatever we enjoy and whatever works best. Just because one platform isn't one's cup of tea doesn't mean it's a bad gun.
Again that's survivorship bias, the Glock elements work for you but for me they don't to the point that getting a gun that fit literally made me a "better shooter". That's literally the only reason Glock guys get, because if anyone entire says another gun works better for them they have to defend glocks and say that none of it matters and Brantley merriam shoots a Glock so everywhere else should be happy with it. It doesn't matter to you because it works for you, that's not universally true. Glock guys talk just as much
as anyone else, no one's a victim here.
I think we're all different, and that's perfectly fine. Everyone should pick whatever platform works best for them. Nothing wrong with having preferences.
-----
And really, that's all I'm trying to say. We're fortunate to have so many great options these days. Shoot whatever we enjoy and whatever works best. Just because one platform isn't one's cup of tea doesn't mean it's a bad gun.
It’s carry optics so not many mods are allowed. Trigger jobs is about it.
The Glocks are pretty stock…Brantley uses a Tactical Trigger which is a different shoe on the performance trigger![]()
If I remember, Sam’s setup is pretty similar to Brantley’s…trigger shoe, factory trigger bar/connector…but I think he uses a different recoil spring, Brantley’s is stock Glock
I know but my main comment is that Glock fans throw just as much mud so there's no reason to get defensive. the whole point of this post is you are being defensive. No one that matters will ever say glocks aren't competitive. Although they certainly aren't price competitive in CaliforniaRe-quoting my response...
PDP in the shadow of the Shadows....Walther PDP is the best gun as shown here, proof it's super viable lol
Btw how many mods to those "Glocks"
Gotta laugh though, this is why sponsorship works. Guy sees pro using equipment, so must be the best. Sometimes it's true, sometimes it's because they had a great sponsor deal. I personally don't work with brands I don't actually like but for example I have run brake sponsors that weren't my favorite pads to run but they were giving me an incredible sponsorship contract where my fav brand in Japan not happening.
Counter example Ken Roczen winning on the Suzuki 450 at the international pro level, the worst least competitive bike in class without even electric start LOL

Although they certainly aren't price competitive in California![]()
PDP in the shadow of the Shadows....
lol waiting for a day off from work!PDP in the shadow of the Shadows....
I would roast PDP a little more, but I might buy one tomorrow, and I'm still waiting for you to drop of the box at the post office
View attachment 260496
I don’t have any hate for Glock, just stating facts. I’m not emotional about any brand, though I do have a soft spot for my fellow Germans.It’s carry optics so not many mods are allowed. Trigger jobs is about it.
Not sure your hate for Glock, its a fine competition platform. It’s way more about the shooter than the gun once you get past a certain baseline on the handgun.
Favorite platform Beretta 92. That being said I shoot my Shadow 2 way way way better. I want to see the Beretta Setup that placed though.
you guys none of this is a real argument, anyone that's competed has been beat by a Glock so clearly they are competitive. Has anyone actually said they aren't competitive? Glock guys are annoying when someone says they like a different platform better, they say trigger doesn't matter, grip doesn't matter etc. Other people are annoying if they say that Glocks don't work. In this day and age all the guns work. I do think that ergonomics matter more than people give them credit for, there's a bit of survivorship bias to point to people that win with glocks and say that because of that, everyone should be ok with a Glock because those people pick up a Glock and like how it is, I personally hate everything about the ergonomics and prefer my M&Ps by a lot. But no one is really wrong for wanting a better trigger or ergonomics that they like. Some people have lego man hands that fit glocks and some people have human hands. Ironically because of the laws here Glocks are no longer the simplest cheapest choice so it's hard to say "just get a glock" when they cost more than an HK. Maybe next year that will be different.
I have one of those… Maybe I should shoot it more.JJ's Beretta is stock, ran with factory ammo.
who knows maybe I will like gen 6, it solves a few of the issues I have even if it introduces an even worse trigger lolFair point. Hopefully that changes, with 43x being the first step.
That is harsh.![]()
Lena Miculik shoots M&P, good enough for methere is another elephant no one has pointed out when talking about what’s on the list. It’s what’s NOT on the list.
No M&P.![]()
I don’t have any hate for Glock, just stating facts. I’m not emotional about any brand, though I do have a soft spot for my fellow Germans.
Thanks for repeating what I said to me again? Equipment does matter at the pro level though. You can overcome deficiencies with skill as we see in Motogp, super cross etc. saying it doesn’t matter at all is cope, it’s just not the end all be all.
Glock guys can’t handle any criticism apparently lol. Just because I prefer higher end stuff for my daily use doesn’t mean I “hate Glock”. If anything I love Glock because my $400 Glock 19 got me a fancy 1911 off roster. Suckers born every day.
It would be like hating on an old Corolla from the 90’s. You don’t hate down. You hate up. lol.
"I don't really understand the point you are trying to make here.
What criticism are you making? The Glock is a very viable competition handgun, the results on this clearly show that. Nobody is held back by using a Glock instead of a CZ Shadow. Maybe some of these "higher end" guns hide skills gaps at C/B levels, but at the top tier there is no room to hide. Some people have preference for one over the other. Some people have bought aton of mags and holsters for one system and just do not want to switch to a new system. Some people like to drop $3k on a Staccato or Shadow 2 and then $50 a magazine and that's what it takes for them to feel ready to compete. It's not necessary.