Yeah decent price. I’m waiting for the 5” comp myself.Not terrible, if it were the Coyote Target I might swoop it up
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
Yeah decent price. I’m waiting for the 5” comp myself.Not terrible, if it were the Coyote Target I might swoop it up
The coyote is definitely the nicer looking oneNot terrible, if it were the Coyote Target I might swoop it up
I already have one gun that has to be in the Open Division that doesn't belong, don't need to make it twoYeah decent price. I’m waiting for the 5” comp myself.
Going to have to agree there. AND it looks 10x better in person than in any of the videos or photos I've seen.The coyote is definitely the nicer looking one
You can definitely put a steel grip on, the cheely steel agressive is really really aggressive. The grip that comes on the california coyote model does not look great. I actually love the MJD killmonger that's what I run on my 2011, it's polymer but is super grippy. I actually had the steel cheely and it was too heavy for my taste, I think I was at like 53oz lol. But a lot of people like it.I already have one gun that has to be in the Open Division that doesn't belong, don't need to make it two
Going to have to agree there. AND it looks 10x better in person than in any of the videos or photos I've seen.
I just hope the grip is grippy enough. I like a lot of bite and have heard folks say it's kinda medium texture. Fortunately, we can change grip modules! Hopefully someone will make one out of Tungsten, so it will weigh 16lbs and shoot like a .22lr of equivalent size![]()
I’m just gonna get a regular barrel from DSC to pop in when I want to run a match with it. Comped barrel will just be for range plinking.I already have one gun that has to be in the Open Division that doesn't belong, don't need to make it two
Going to have to agree there. AND it looks 10x better in person than in any of the videos or photos I've seen.
I just hope the grip is grippy enough. I like a lot of bite and have heard folks say it's kinda medium texture. Fortunately, we can change grip modules! Hopefully someone will make one out of Tungsten, so it will weigh 16lbs and shoot like a .22lr of equivalent size![]()
Jarvis also does drop in barrels for quite a bit less than dscI’m just gonna get a regular barrel from DSC to pop in when I want to run a match with it. Comped barrel will just be for range plinking.
We'll see how it goes, maybe I'll just sand it and add Silicon Carbide. I Agree the aluminum grip module isn't as aesthetically pleasing as the polymer grip modules and most have said that the polymer is more grippy.You can definitely put a steel grip on, the cheely steel agressive is really really aggressive. The grip that comes on the california coyote model does not look great. I actually love the MJD killmonger that's what I run on my 2011, it's polymer but is super grippy. I actually had the steel cheely and it was too heavy for my taste, I think I was at like 53oz lol. But a lot of people like it.
I think the weight is fine on the aluminum grips they just aren't that grippy. But yeah there's a ton of other options, I want to try a Henning but I don't actually have a good reason beyond curiosity but they are one of the cheaper options, 400 dollars is basically free in 2011 termsWe'll see how it goes, maybe I'll just sand it and add Silicon Carbide. I Agree the aluminum grip module isn't as aesthetically pleasing as the polymer grip modules and most have said that the polymer is more grippy.
I'm used to around 50-55oz loaded for 9mm guns currently, so I'd imagine the 2k11 will fall right in there. My holster is based on having a light, so it will gain a few oz from the light, typically 4.3-4.5oz depending on light. Looks like the Kimber should be fairly similar, if not a little heavier.
Good callout thanks. Are they of the same quality?Jarvis also does drop in barrels for quite a bit less than dsc
Ive never used a DSC but I used a Jarvis on my 2011 build, it dropped in perfectly and is tight in an atlas slide. It shoots great no complaintsGood callout thanks. Are they of the same quality?
$120 cheaper might have to give it a serious look thanks.Ive never used a DSC but I used a Jarvis on my 2011 build, it dropped in perfectly and is tight in an atlas slide. It shoots great no complaints
definitely, they seem like a decent company I even had to make a change after I had ordered it and they did it no problem, I've had terrible experiences with that with custom rifle barrels that I ordered in the past.$120 cheaper might have to give it a serious look thanks.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!