18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Kimber 2K11 to hit roster in next 48-72 Hours

Yeah decent price. I’m waiting for the 5” comp myself.
I already have one gun that has to be in the Open Division that doesn't belong, don't need to make it two :ROFLMAO:

The coyote is definitely the nicer looking one
Going to have to agree there. AND it looks 10x better in person than in any of the videos or photos I've seen.

I just hope the grip is grippy enough. I like a lot of bite and have heard folks say it's kinda medium texture. Fortunately, we can change grip modules! Hopefully someone will make one out of Tungsten, so it will weigh 16lbs and shoot like a .22lr of equivalent size 😁
 
I already have one gun that has to be in the Open Division that doesn't belong, don't need to make it two :ROFLMAO:


Going to have to agree there. AND it looks 10x better in person than in any of the videos or photos I've seen.

I just hope the grip is grippy enough. I like a lot of bite and have heard folks say it's kinda medium texture. Fortunately, we can change grip modules! Hopefully someone will make one out of Tungsten, so it will weigh 16lbs and shoot like a .22lr of equivalent size 😁
You can definitely put a steel grip on, the cheely steel agressive is really really aggressive. The grip that comes on the california coyote model does not look great. I actually love the MJD killmonger that's what I run on my 2011, it's polymer but is super grippy. I actually had the steel cheely and it was too heavy for my taste, I think I was at like 53oz lol. But a lot of people like it.
 
I already have one gun that has to be in the Open Division that doesn't belong, don't need to make it two :ROFLMAO:


Going to have to agree there. AND it looks 10x better in person than in any of the videos or photos I've seen.

I just hope the grip is grippy enough. I like a lot of bite and have heard folks say it's kinda medium texture. Fortunately, we can change grip modules! Hopefully someone will make one out of Tungsten, so it will weigh 16lbs and shoot like a .22lr of equivalent size 😁
I’m just gonna get a regular barrel from DSC to pop in when I want to run a match with it. Comped barrel will just be for range plinking.
 
You can definitely put a steel grip on, the cheely steel agressive is really really aggressive. The grip that comes on the california coyote model does not look great. I actually love the MJD killmonger that's what I run on my 2011, it's polymer but is super grippy. I actually had the steel cheely and it was too heavy for my taste, I think I was at like 53oz lol. But a lot of people like it.
We'll see how it goes, maybe I'll just sand it and add Silicon Carbide. I Agree the aluminum grip module isn't as aesthetically pleasing as the polymer grip modules and most have said that the polymer is more grippy.

I'm used to around 50-55oz loaded for 9mm guns currently, so I'd imagine the 2k11 will fall right in there. My holster is based on having a light, so it will gain a few oz from the light, typically 4.3-4.5oz depending on light. Looks like the Kimber should be fairly similar, if not a little heavier.
 
We'll see how it goes, maybe I'll just sand it and add Silicon Carbide. I Agree the aluminum grip module isn't as aesthetically pleasing as the polymer grip modules and most have said that the polymer is more grippy.

I'm used to around 50-55oz loaded for 9mm guns currently, so I'd imagine the 2k11 will fall right in there. My holster is based on having a light, so it will gain a few oz from the light, typically 4.3-4.5oz depending on light. Looks like the Kimber should be fairly similar, if not a little heavier.
I think the weight is fine on the aluminum grips they just aren't that grippy. But yeah there's a ton of other options, I want to try a Henning but I don't actually have a good reason beyond curiosity but they are one of the cheaper options, 400 dollars is basically free in 2011 terms
 
Back
Top Bottom