18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Manufacturing quietly being moved overseas

And since 20 to 25 percent of people posting here have a PFO, I’d suggest you don't squeeze so hard when you are trying to poop. You don’t want to end up DOT.
 
And since 20 to 25 percent of people posting here have a PFO, I’d suggest you don't squeeze so hard when you are trying to poop. You don’t want to end up DOT.
Damn...I didn't know this forum represented up to 25% of the American population.

In all seriousness though, I was completely unaware of such a condition. Same can be said for "mega bowel". Ironically, a good friend of mine found his father DOT when he was a child.

I've always wondered which was worse: losing a parent in your youth when they still existed as a superhero in your mind, or growing up and seeing that they were never less ordinary than anybody else.
🤷
 
Damn...I didn't know this forum represented up to 25% of the American population.

In all seriousness though, I was completely unaware of such a condition. Same can be said for "mega bowel". Ironically, a good friend of mine found his father DOT when he was a child.

I've always wondered which was worse: losing a parent in your youth when they still existed as a superhero in your mind, or growing up and seeing that they were never less ordinary than anybody else.
🤷

Fischer Spooner made an entire song about it
 
Damn...I didn't know this forum represented up to 25% of the American population.

In all seriousness though, I was completely unaware of such a condition. Same can be said for "mega bowel". Ironically, a good friend of mine found his father DOT when he was a child.

I've always wondered which was worse: losing a parent in your youth when they still existed as a superhero in your mind, or growing up and seeing that they were never less ordinary than anybody else.
🤷

As I've been told the majority of people find out they have a PFO when they're 60 or 70 and suddenly have a dramatic stroke as a result. The bad thing about that is then it's usually too late to do something about it, or your arteries are so filled with plaque the stroke is severe.
 
As I've been told the majority of people find out they have a PFO when they're 60 or 70 and suddenly have a dramatic stroke as a result. The bad thing about that is then it's usually too late to do something about it, or your arteries are so filled with plaque the stroke is severe.
Might be worth telling your PDOC you're considering taking up scuba diving to validate screening🤔
 
Might be worth telling your PDOC you're considering taking up scuba diving to validate screening🤔
They actually do PFO tests to validate a post bends encounter like the bubble test described above. Elvis shoulda done more scuba diving. They didn't have good PFO remediation back then anyways though nowadays they just pump a brillow pad through a catheter into your heart I think they've only had that capability for the last 10 years or so.

My brother was one of the tech engineering leads that designed those things ;)
 
Last edited:
In keeping with the current state of human society page 2 of this thread will focus exclusively on bloody bubbles and hard poop.
 
Exactly. Force an early screening & possibly prevent unforeseen consequences later in life. Granted, this is just one of many possible already developing conditions that will ultimately have a role in your death.
If you haven't yet read "Outlive by Dr Peter Attia" I can't recommend it enough.

That said our insurance system definitely does not pay for preventative measures like this deadly as they may be I think you're probably looking at 20 -> 30 grand for a bubble test just to determine whether you have a PFO and any shunting is visible.

Probably another 30-40 grand for the follow up that images it.

Now, to be fair if we had single payer healthcare roughly 70% of those costs would be vaporized and so maybe some people could actually afford the screening if they were high risk, but otherwise I believe for insurance to be involved you have to actually have some life altering bad event occur first. Very sensible system we're dealing with here.

Note I've also been to the factory in china where most of these devices are manufactured right alongside cars and GPS tracking devices and drones :cool:
 
Distraction is truly the greatest weapon in the pacification of the people, no?
I was under the impression that for the first time in a long time we were actually talking about something that mattered. The rest is all a distraction.
 
If you haven't yet read "Outlive by Dr Peter Attia" I can't recommend it enough.

That said our insurance system definitely does not pay for preventative measures like this deadly as they may be I think you're probably looking at 20 -> 30 grand for a bubble test just to determine whether you have a PFO and any shunting is visible.

Probably another 30-40 grand for the follow up that images it.

Now, to be fair if we had single payer healthcare roughly 70% of those costs would be vaporized and so maybe some people could actually afford the screening if they were high risk, but otherwise I believe for insurance to be involved you have to actually have some life altering bad event occur first. Very sensible system we're dealing with here.

Note I've also been to the factory in china where most of these devices are manufactured right alongside cars and GPS tracking devices and drones :cool:
Preventative Preventive* isn't a profitable business model for their industry beyond the part where you pay for the idea of it monthly.
 
Last edited:
Preventative isn't a profitable business model for their industry beyond the part where you pay for the idea of it monthly.
Indeed, it turns out that profit motivated services are orthogonal to the needs of actual market participants and create incentive structures that actually cause harm to the intended consumers of services. Who could possibly have imagined such a thing(other than Adam Smith the godfather of capitalism). If only someone had read his books!
 
Indeed, it turns out that profit motivated services are orthogonal to the needs of actual market participants and create incentive structures that actually cause harm to the intended consumers of services. Who could possibly have imagined such a thing(other than Adam Smith the godfather of capitalism). If only someone had read his books!
 

Attachments

  • 1000026009.gif
    1000026009.gif
    305.3 KB · Views: 6
A bubble test won’t cost nearly as much as 30,000. And it’s easily done. All you need is an ultrasound imager and a syringe and needle. After my stroke, a technician wheeled an entire ultrasound machine to my bedside and he left 15 minutes later. And the machine creates the images and stored them electronically. No extra money for the image. And then watched the whole time.

And “preventative” is incorrect, though often used. It’s “preventive”. As in preventive medicine”. There’s no “ta” in the word. We don’t say “captative”, we say captive”. We don’t say “emotative”, we say “emotive”.
 
Sorry for the correction but I spent more than 30 years in the field of medicine and the misuse of that word really bugs me.
Lmao.

Well damn....now I guess my only rebuttal is to take personal offense to it & consider it an attack on my character. 😂 /s

As a literary term, absolutely correct. "Preventative" is technically incorrect but has become so commonly used that it's recognized in multiple dictionaries now. This includes Merriam-Webster as well as Cambridge.

Devolution in real time perhaps?
 
Back
Top Bottom