- Messages
- 891
I never knew Elvis sh*t himself to death.
The things you learn here...
The things you learn here...
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
Damn...I didn't know this forum represented up to 25% of the American population.And since 20 to 25 percent of people posting here have a PFO, I’d suggest you don't squeeze so hard when you are trying to poop. You don’t want to end up DOT.
Damn...I didn't know this forum represented up to 25% of the American population.
In all seriousness though, I was completely unaware of such a condition. Same can be said for "mega bowel". Ironically, a good friend of mine found his father DOT when he was a child.
I've always wondered which was worse: losing a parent in your youth when they still existed as a superhero in your mind, or growing up and seeing that they were never less ordinary than anybody else.
![]()
Damn...I didn't know this forum represented up to 25% of the American population.
In all seriousness though, I was completely unaware of such a condition. Same can be said for "mega bowel". Ironically, a good friend of mine found his father DOT when he was a child.
I've always wondered which was worse: losing a parent in your youth when they still existed as a superhero in your mind, or growing up and seeing that they were never less ordinary than anybody else.
![]()
Might be worth telling your PDOC you're considering taking up scuba diving to validate screeningAs I've been told the majority of people find out they have a PFO when they're 60 or 70 and suddenly have a dramatic stroke as a result. The bad thing about that is then it's usually too late to do something about it, or your arteries are so filled with plaque the stroke is severe.
They actually do PFO tests to validate a post bends encounter like the bubble test described above. Elvis shoulda done more scuba diving. They didn't have good PFO remediation back then anyways though nowadays they just pump a brillow pad through a catheter into your heart I think they've only had that capability for the last 10 years or so.Might be worth telling your PDOC you're considering taking up scuba diving to validate screening![]()
Exactly. Force an early screening & possibly prevent unforeseen consequences later in life. Granted, this is just one of many possible already developing conditions that will ultimately have a role in your death.They actually do PFO tests to validate a post bends encounter like the bubble test described above.
Distraction is truly the greatest weapon in the pacification of the people, no?In keeping with the current state of human society page 2 of this thread will focus exclusively on bloody bubbles and hard poop.
If you haven't yet read "Outlive by Dr Peter Attia" I can't recommend it enough.Exactly. Force an early screening & possibly prevent unforeseen consequences later in life. Granted, this is just one of many possible already developing conditions that will ultimately have a role in your death.
I was under the impression that for the first time in a long time we were actually talking about something that mattered. The rest is all a distraction.Distraction is truly the greatest weapon in the pacification of the people, no?
If you haven't yet read "Outlive by Dr Peter Attia" I can't recommend it enough.
That said our insurance system definitely does not pay for preventative measures like this deadly as they may be I think you're probably looking at 20 -> 30 grand for a bubble test just to determine whether you have a PFO and any shunting is visible.
Probably another 30-40 grand for the follow up that images it.
Now, to be fair if we had single payer healthcare roughly 70% of those costs would be vaporized and so maybe some people could actually afford the screening if they were high risk, but otherwise I believe for insurance to be involved you have to actually have some life altering bad event occur first. Very sensible system we're dealing with here.
Note I've also been to the factory in china where most of these devices are manufactured right alongside cars and GPS tracking devices and drones![]()
Indeed, it turns out that profit motivated services are orthogonal to the needs of actual market participants and create incentive structures that actually cause harm to the intended consumers of services. Who could possibly have imagined such a thing(other than Adam Smith the godfather of capitalism). If only someone had read his books!Preventative isn't a profitable business model for their industry beyond the part where you pay for the idea of it monthly.
Indeed, it turns out that profit motivated services are orthogonal to the needs of actual market participants and create incentive structures that actually cause harm to the intended consumers of services. Who could possibly have imagined such a thing(other than Adam Smith the godfather of capitalism). If only someone had read his books!
Lmao.Sorry for the correction but I spent more than 30 years in the field of medicine and the misuse of that word really bugs me.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!