- Messages
- 74
So glad I just got my P-01. Debating on grabbing an SP-01 as well - but I didn't like the grips on the SP-01 and it shoots about the same.
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
Think that could be a grey area since it did not expire at the first of the year.
Of course they will. One only need look at when CZ discontinued the venerable and much loved Tactical Sport, and prices skyrocketed almost immediately even with plenty of inventory in CA stores. The P01, SP01, and PCR are just as revered.I think pricing won't get too crazy. At the end of the day, it is an old platform that CZ was probably only still manufacturing for California at this point. We are still getting some new editions from CZ onto the roster next year as well, including the Shadow 2. I won't be surprised if this spurs them to add some more newer CZs tot eh roster honestly.
I just DROS'd every single CZ we have in the shops to myself as a precaution. I am still sitting on unsellable USPs
I would think we would get a bulletin on this otherwise how would we know? I do not have an CZs so I am good.Think that could be a grey area since it did not expire at the first of the year.
It did not fail a retest as noted in #32020
Was removed since parts or manufacturing have changed from original pistols tested.
"32015
(3) If a purchaser has initiated a transfer of a handgun that is listed on the roster as not unsafe, and prior to the completion of the transfer, the handgun is removed from the roster of not unsafe handguns because of failure to pay the fee required to keep that handgun listed on the roster, the handgun shall be deliverable to the purchaser if the purchaser is not otherwise prohibited from purchasing or possessing the handgun. However, if a purchaser has initiated a transfer of a handgun that is listed on the roster as not unsafe, and prior to the completion of the transfer, the handgun is removed from the roster pursuant to subdivision (d) of Section 32020, the handgun shall not be deliverable to the purchaser.
(Amended by Stats. 2013, Ch. 758, Sec. 4. (SB 363) Effective January 1, 2014.)"
Cal. Code Regs. Tit. 11, § 4070 - Roster of Certified Handguns
"(c) A handgun model may be removed from the Roster for any of the following reasons:
(1) If the annual maintenance fee is not paid as set forth in Penal Code section 32015, subdivision (b).
(2) If it is determined that the handgun models submitted for testing were modified in any way from those that were sold after certification was granted.
(3) If it is determined that the handgun is in fact unsafe based upon further testing."
No one keeps the grips it comes with. There is a huge aftermarket for grips. LOK has multiple thicknesses and textures . They sell singles and multiple colors. I have a heavily textured palm swell G-10 grip on the left and a thin moderately textured G-10 grip on the right for CCW, I use the same combo but with Heavy texture on both sides for competition . You can mix and match textures and sizes to get the ideal grip for your hand.So glad I just got my P-01. Debating on grabbing an SP-01 as well - but I didn't like the grips on the SP-01 and it shoots about the same.
This is what we did too.I just DROS'd every single CZ we have in the shops to myself as a precaution. I am still sitting on unsellable USPs
Assuming it doesn't fall off roster before pick up yes.I have a CZ75 BD in jail rn. Am I gonna be ok?
If CA DOJ thinks this should happen why don't they just reject them? I think them asking dealers to cancel has some legal piece to it where they possibly know that after DROS has started they can't reject them all because they can't prove the pistol in question is the one with mfg issue or not.... as with my example with selling old stock...Assuming it doesn't fall off roster before pick up yes.
There is a provision in the penal code that if the gun falls off roster due to manufacturing changes, then the dealer is required to cancel the DROS and cannot release the gun. There are plenty of FFL's unaware of the law/willing to risk their license however, so it will depend on the dealer if they will still release after it fall's off roster. CA Penal Code 32015 (a)(3) states:
"If a purchaser has initiated a transfer of a handgun that is listed on the roster as not unsafe, and prior to the completion of the transfer, the handgun is removed from the roster of not unsafe handguns because of failure to pay the fee required to keep that handgun listed on the roster, the handgun shall be deliverable to the purchaser if the purchaser is not otherwise prohibited from purchasing or possessing the handgun. However, if a purchaser has initiated a transfer of a handgun that is listed on the roster as not unsafe, and prior to the completion of the transfer, the handgun is removed from the roster pursuant to subdivision (d) of Section 32020, the handgun shall not be deliverable to the purchaser."
Because the assumption is that they are legal rostered guns in the first place when ran in DROS. If a manufacturing change occurs no matter how minute, then it fails that test per the penal code. Essentially DROS'ing a gun that is "technically" considered non-roster in the first place due to a manufacturing difference. DOJ likely doesn't know when this change occured, so they will just pull the entire listing down rather than denoting a serial number range of acceptable "rostered" guns. That's why they aren't rejecting them currently and require dealers to cancel if the roster listing is pulled due to manufacturing change.If CA DOJ thinks this should happen why don't they just reject them? I think them asking dealers to cancel has some legal piece to it where they possibly know that after DROS has started they can't reject them all because they can't prove the pistol in question is the one with mfg issue or not.... as with my example with selling old stock...
Which you guys will sell at MSRP right ... Right guys.....guys?This is what we did too.
What I mean is..if a CZ SP-01 is in DROS today (during 10 day wait)..and today CA DOJ says "no good"...they end up asking the FFL to Cancel the DROS.. They don't reject it from their end which they are capable of doing...my question is why?Because the assumption is that they are legal rostered guns in the first place when ran in DROS. If a manufacturing change occurs no matter how minute, then it fails that test per the penal code. Essentially DROS'ing a gun that is "technically" considered non-roster in the first place due to a manufacturing difference. DOJ likely doesn't know when this change occured, so they will just pull the entire listing down rather than denoting a serial number range of acceptable "rostered" guns. That's why they aren't rejecting them currently and require dealers to cancel if the roster listing is pulled due to manufacturing change.
Technically they cannot reject it themselves. They have approval, denial, and undetermined status for background check purposes, not for purposes of improper DROS. DMV reject is for DMV identification and other purposes. There is no longer a 30 day rejection status. There is no other method coded into the system for rejecting the DROS. Also the penal code dictates the action to be taken which is "shall not be deliverable". Meaning they put the onus on the dealer as they shall not select the deliver button. There are other penal codes that dictate the actions of dealers and actions of the Department, but I don't want to open that can of worms. Essentially it is the dealer's responsibility, not DOJ's, to cancel the DROS (or simply refuse delivery) if it does fall off roster while in background check.What I mean is..if a CZ SP-01 is in DROS today (during 10 day wait)..and today CA DOJ says "no good"...they end up asking the FFL to Cancel the DROS.. They don't reject it from their end which they are capable of doing...my question is why?
I long assumed they can deny for any reason (not just background check), but I don't know what they are technically allowed to do. I understand your explanation though which makes sense.Technically they cannot reject it themselves. They have approval, denial, and undetermined status for background check purposes, not for purposes of improper DROS. DMV reject is for DMV identification and other purposes. There is no longer a 30 day rejection status. There is no other method coded into the system for rejecting the DROS. Also the penal code dictates the action to be taken which is "shall not be deliverable". Meaning they put the onus on the dealer as they shall not select the deliver button. There are other penal codes that dictate the actions of dealers and actions of the Department, but I don't want to open that can of worms. Essentially it is the dealer's responsibility, not DOJ's, to cancel the DROS (or simply refuse delivery) if it does fall off roster while in background check.
I long assumed they can deny for any reason (not just background check), but I don't know what they are technically allowed to do. I understand your explanation though which makes sense.
I've never encountered a stolen/lost firearm discovered during DROS, but I wonder if they Deny those or if they tell the dealer they need to Cancel it.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!