18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Announcement Migration Plan

SInce the migration, I'm getting a lot of "An unexpected error occurred" messages when I try to load the site. This is happening across platforms (iOS, iPadOS, MacOS, Windows 10/11).

I was also getting the "Cloudflare" page, but that's only happened once today.
 
SInce the migration, I'm getting a lot of "An unexpected error occurred" messages when I try to load the site. This is happening across platforms (iOS, iPadOS, MacOS, Windows 10/11).

I was also getting the "Cloudflare" page, but that's only happened once today.
Thanks for the note, I’ll take a look later to see if I can find anything. Thanks for the heads up. Can you send me a screen shot of the error when you come across it?
 
SInce the migration, I'm getting a lot of "An unexpected error occurred" messages when I try to load the site. This is happening across platforms (iOS, iPadOS, MacOS, Windows 10/11).

I was also getting the "Cloudflare" page, but that's only happened once today.
I thought i could sneak in a change without anyone noticing and took the site down for like 3 minutes...

My bad!

I changed some configs. Might need to clear your browser cache once since it might be looking at the old server for some things. I also purged the cache just now just in case on my side. So let me know if it still keeps happening
 
I was also getting the "Cloudflare" page, but that's only happened once today.

I see the issue and know how to monitor it. I'll try to see what's going on here and how i can resolve it. I know what the error is and setup some maintenance time to fix it.

Thanks for reporting and the screenshot... There's 157 instances of it happening and some intermittent things happening, so my goal will be to get that back to 0.


Screenshot 2025-06-03 at 11.17.40 AM.png
 
I see the issue and know how to monitor it. I'll try to see what's going on here and how i can resolve it. I know what the error is and setup some maintenance time to fix it.

Thanks for reporting and the screenshot... There's 157 instances of it happening and some intermittent things happening, so my goal will be to get that back to 0.


View attachment 65387

This issue is resolved now.. It took a minute to figure it out but managed to get everything buttoned up.

Screenshot 2025-06-04 at 7.26.05 AM.png


Found an optimization that really dropped utilization and should speed up everything and fixed the problem with 50x errors. I also found a bug in my metrics collection which overstated some of the numbers. I'll follow up with that on our next milestone to give the system time to settle in. I think we're pretty solid as I also consolidated caching services into Redis and removing Memcached.

Screenshot 2025-06-04 at 7.30.04 AM.png
 
This issue is resolved now.. It took a minute to figure it out but managed to get everything buttoned up.

View attachment 65685


Found an optimization that really dropped utilization and should speed up everything and fixed the problem with 50x errors. I also found a bug in my metrics collection which overstated some of the numbers. I'll follow up with that on our next milestone to give the system time to settle in. I think we're pretty solid as I also consolidated caching services into Redis and removing Memcached.

View attachment 65686
New muffler bearings or flugal joint? I suspected those right away...
 
Back
Top Bottom