18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Moving out for a bit... what should I get before I come back?

Yeah if this thread wasn’t created he may have gotten away with it but still a dice roll
Look, I'm not going to give out any false statements, fake IDs, or rent storage units or whatever. Worst case scenario, I'll just give the pistols to a buddy in a free state if I end up getting denied. I just highly doubt internet threads are investigated unless it turns into a criminal trial. I'll be sure to let y'all know how it goes though. I really want that TTI Combat dude...
 
Isn't this post mixing a federal crime with CA's residency hoops? Federal residency requirements are much more forgiving as they get taxes regardless of which state you live in. Folks with multiple homes routinely have federal residency in multiple jurisdictions during the year (whichever house they happen to be living in at the time). CA is much more aggressive in claiming people are still residents after they leave the state, or that they were residents all along if they come back. But violating CA's residency rule doesn't win you a federal sentence...

Whether a temporary work assignment qualifies for either state or federal residency may be a question for an actual lawyer...
So from what I been reading on this is in the federal eyes this is all legal as on the 4473 it asks for residency AT the time your filling out the form so you temporarily living there is actually your physical residency but the federal level also don't care about roster guns because any state that don't deal with restrictions like ca don't have to worry about bringing off roster inventory through states. So in ca is where it needs to be justified for coming back moving back and what is needed I know you would always have to fill out that bof4010a form new residency with your firearms your bringing in the register them to ca but how it works for getting approved and if your considered a new resident again needs more looking into
 
So from what I been reading on this is in the federal eyes this is all legal as on the 4473 it asks for residency AT the time your filling out the form so you temporarily living there is actually your physical residency but the federal level also don't care about roster guns because any state that don't deal with restrictions like ca don't have to worry about bringing off roster inventory through states. So in ca is where it needs to be justified for coming back moving back and what is needed I know you would always have to fill out that bof4010a form new residency with your firearms your bringing in the register them to ca but how it works for getting approved and if your considered a new resident again needs more looking into
Sir, are you wasted right now for Memorial Day? I am having trouble understanding your first 4 posts
 
Sir, are you wasted right now for Memorial Day? I am having trouble understanding your first 4 posts
do you not start on the saturday drinking for the whole weekend?

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF
 
Back
Top Bottom