18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Feedback Next Feature? What would you like to see?

Another forum I use frequently (that uses XenForo) implemented Keyword Alerts. This is their description:
Keyword Alerts works as an automatic live-search with alert function. When any keyword or term (that you set) is posted on the forum, you'll receive instant app push alert, email notification and/or forum alert.

Use this to follow certain words, topics, parts, mods, issues, anything you want.

It works well so far. Nice for when you’re waiting for an update on something important to you.
 
I didn’t see much people asking simple enough questions that today’s LLM+RAG could accurately answer (e.g. what’s barrel length of P320 M18.)

For discussions that’s a little bit more complicated or subjective (e.g. differences between SP-01 and Shadow 2 and if S2 worth its “street price”), LLM answer won’t be comprehensive at all. You can try ask for-4o about those to get a feeling of what I’m talking about.

Besides, it’s better avoid letting LLM answer any legal issues not only due to legislation changes every week, but also to prevent risks of to this website and to its users.
 
I didn’t see much people asking simple enough questions that today’s LLM+RAG could accurately answer (e.g. what’s barrel length of P320 M18.)

For discussions that’s a little bit more complicated or subjective (e.g. differences between SP-01 and Shadow 2 and if S2 worth its “street price”), LLM answer won’t be comprehensive at all. You can try ask for-4o about those to get a feeling of what I’m talking about.

Besides, it’s better avoid letting LLM answer any legal issues not only due to legislation changes every week, but also to prevent risks of to this website and to its users.
This is the gist of how we'd like it to work. -4o may not work well with that type of info, but overtime we could train it with data here.

We wouldn't offer legal advice on issues. It's mainly to offer summary's on where things are at when they get reported into board. Not entirely sure if we'll build this, but it is a fun concept to think about.

Also the bot would only reply if you asked it either by calling it or in its own designated forum. We wouldn't want it to reply on its own for every post.
 
Another forum I use frequently (that uses XenForo) implemented Keyword Alerts. This is their description:


It works well so far. Nice for when you’re waiting for an update on something important to you.
I looked at this since you mentioned it. It was removed and also its limited to keywords in the forum. The Classifieds system is separate so it would only give partial functionality. The solution I'm looking at developing with the developer is to have it with the fields that we use too. So its not just keywords, but you can also do $price, region, sub-region, keyword or anything else that we add. It'a bit more complex but I'd rather build for the future since supporters are helping to fund it. It would be a neat feature.

I'm discussing plans for this now after our upgrade. So we can add it into the roadmap. Hopefully our traffic continues to grow as it is an investment, but it should help buyers and sellers to do the deed faster. :D
 
The home page should have your currently active listings at the top so you can jump to them immediately after logging on without having to go to your profile.
 
Something I would like to see added that would make my browsing of classifieds a little better:

For each classified listing I would like a 'Hide' button. When I click the button, I no longer want to see that classified when it gets bumped, and it should be added to 'Hidden Listings' under the classifieds tab. In 'Hidden Listings' I should be able to un-hide a classified.

Thanks for all you do
A hide specific listing button would be amazing. I don’t want to see the same delusional overpriced items bumped up to the top every time I log in.

After seeing the same listings bumped day after day I’ve started using ‘Ignore’ on usernames to just blanket hide all of their content as a workaround.

Thank you @ikeo1 for making this the best place to bst firearms in CA! Ive been recommending caguns.net to everyone via word of mouth.
 
Can we add an anonymous "laugh emoji" to click to clown on people posting guns for ridiculous prices lol.
 
Can we add an anonymous "laugh emoji" to click to clown on people posting guns for ridiculous prices lol.
the laugh emoji exists already? (long press the like button to toggle options). it’s just not anonymous 🤣
 
A hide specific listing button would be amazing. I don’t want to see the same delusional overpriced items bumped up to the top every time I log in.

After seeing the same listings bumped day after day I’ve started using ‘Ignore’ on usernames to just blanket hide all of their content as a workaround.

Thank you @ikeo1 for making this the best place to bst firearms in CA! Ive been recommending caguns.net to everyone via word of mouth.
Thanks for spreading the word...

The ignore button is going to be the only way to do it at least you can do it!
 
the laugh emoji exists already? (long press the like button to toggle options). it’s just not anonymous 🤣
I’d like it anonymous so if the person I laughed at ever posts something at a reasonable price and I want it, they aren’t like “screw this guy, he laughed at my other listings” 😂
 
I’d like it anonymous so if the person I laughed at ever posts something at a reasonable price and I want it, they aren’t like “screw this guy, he laughed at my other listings” 😂
lol it seems unlikely to me that people listing off-rosters at 3-4x MSRP are suddenly going to have a change of heart and start listing other items at a bargain?
 
A huge NO to any AI. It’s not necessary and I don’t need some computer to tell me what to read or look at.

The site is excellent as it is. Please don’t muck it up with AI crap. Just leave it as it is. It works.

And it’s less work for you. Don’t do unnecessary stuff. That’s what killed CalGuns. CalGuns worked perfectly for me before the software change. Now I can’t even get on the site.
 
Last edited:
Is there a way to find saved searches on the classified section? I can hit the "watch" button for a set of filters but I can never seem to find them to go directly through my filters.
 
The marketplace is clogged with expired postings. I support having posting expire, but I recommend not having the expired threads be bumped to the top.

I'd allow people to filter for expired postings, but let them sink down the list of postings.
Agree - I just posted in the other thread on this topic, that any SOLD items or unattended items (not bumped) after 90 days should be removed. Not simply closed or marked SOLD - deleted.

Gunbroker does that - doesn't save anything past 90 days, and anything older than that is no longer useful. A record older than that is nobody's business - literally.

---
 
Back
Top Bottom