18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Answered Off topic?

Off Topic was a cesspool of hate and bigotry, dominated by frequent posting hateful bigots, and moderated by moderators sympathetic to hateful bigots to create an echo chamber to amplify hate and bigotry. Cal Guns would have been better without it, and CAguns IS better without it. Despite breaking news (most breaking news threads quickly being dominated by said hateful bigots anyway), the juice isn't worth the squeeze on that one. ARFcom is only a few clicks away; let the OT lovers post their OT content there.
cesspool is correct

1733532374292.png
Same guy btw
1733532305069.png
its an old boys club. caguns is a liberal deep-state plant site according to the einsteins in the OT forums. User EM2 is one of these guys just trying to stir the pot. They dont really care about muh free speech, they just want to spew whatever 💩 they think in the moment and pretend be the the real life version of chad vs virgin meme. Say anything that disagrees with their narrative and watch the 💩storm, or just look at how much of a motherless 🐐fest they throw already.

1733533555866.png

It hard to grab these screenshots when the site doesnt work
 
Last edited:
I tend to give EM2 the benefit of the doubt as he is respectful here. Anyone who's willing to give us a chance, is welcome until they decide they want to shake things up to test some boundaries. Otherwise, I think the folks over there have that sentiment while being clueless that they complain on CGN too.

At this point, its a pretty revolving theme they think I'm a liberal and everyone here are traitors to the mighty Calguns. I'm not going to waste time with that anymore. Those guys don't seem to understand capitalist thinking. It's obvious they don't have a lot to talk about since they want to ignore what's happening to CGN. We're busy here with the growth.

Our priority now is getting the moderator framework and training going so we can have fair moderation. We'll have some from CGN and Redditors sprinkled in and split by forum/classifieds. I'm working on the permissions and we'll also make some of the forums like this one opt-out. So @doser is working on the documentation.
Classifieds mainly keep an eye out for listings.
  • Follows the rules with images, titles
  • No illegal configs
  • Just keep an eye on things.
Forums
  • There's not a lot here too.
  • Remove political posts, usually always the same folks. Give a warning
  • Escalate/Report anything you don't want to handle.
TBD
  • Still deciding on moderating/reviewing feedback.
    • Make sure items are marked sold
While they're concerned with petty things, another 40k+ unique users visited this site in the last 30 days. My other business is also picking up so, I don't have a lot of time these days. They're too concerned on politics where I'm planning to get us to 20k+ users and other things. It took ~8 months to get to 10k, my estimate is 4 months or less to 20k, half the time with more momentum.

I'm fairly certain we'll hit 10k members in 2-3 weeks and 500GB of transferred traffic in a few days. 2025 looks like it'll be very strong for us once we start doing more promotions with Rost Martin and hopefully others as we sign up to do some sponsorships. I'm also looking at Merch and other things to help build up the site and presence while bringing in people and vendors to facilitate a larger and more connected community. We also have a couple of upgrades left to do.

Screenshot 2024-12-06 at 6.12.41 PM.png
 
Off Topic was a cesspool of hate and bigotry, dominated by frequent posting hateful bigots, and moderated by moderators sympathetic to hateful bigots to create an echo chamber to amplify hate and bigotry. Cal Guns would have been better without it, and CAguns IS better without it. Despite breaking news (most breaking news threads quickly being dominated by said hateful bigots anyway), the juice isn't worth the squeeze on that one. ARFcom is only a few clicks away; let the OT lovers post their OT content there.
I never got this impression. You are embellishing quite a bit here.

All I ever found it to be was nonsensical, silly, immature, and a waste of my time. And that it didn't discuss guns. I never saw this 'hate' and 'bigotry' on which you are standing. Ever. And I've been there since the beginning.

But we can agree that caguns will be better without Off Topic, regardless.

---
 
Just took a look around at CGN as I was able to get in. Some ridiculous stuff over there. That's what happens in isolated echo chambers.
No, I am not starting to post screen shots now.

On a different note. The world is wide open. I was in Burbank today finalizing a PPT sale.
Everything went well, despite Friday traffic and higher than expected temperatures.
I mentioned this site. There were only 2 guys in the store and my buyer.
All 3 showed immediate interest. In fact 1 of the employees used the store computer and look it up immediately.

I'll be making rounds at the LGS in the upcoming days and weeks. A little business card with the website might be an idea.
All the LGS operators I know like to support networking efforts.
 
There are a lot of lonely people in the world. As you get older , distracted by busyness, you can lose friends. OT seems to attract lonely guys with no friends. I used to hit “new posts” and read threads in OT. It’s the same angry guys circle jerking with OCD, posting the same thing again and again looking for that serotonin hit. They will even brag about how rarely they shoot and from their own words, they never receive training , yet are gun experts and CCW .

I realized I don’t want to ever be like that and if I dry fired instead of posting it would be more beneficial.

The other lesson is to check your ego. Don’t develop an unmerited , over inflated sense of self importance. No one needs to hear my opinions on everything or every thought that passes through my mind. No one cares. I haven’t earned importance. There is a Buddhist saying : Don’t hold yourself up to be the target. ( Don’t make everything about you .)
 
Last edited:
Fact is, we're past 2024 election. The trajectory is clear. Politics existed long before us and will long after us.
Do I need to debate it every single day? No.

That's where I am at. The old saying goes, "you hang with dogs, you might catch fleas", something like that.
If one wants to promote unity, don't participate in divisive rhetoric.

From what I understand, @ikeo1 wants to give us an opportunity to have casual conversations about non-gun & non 2A related topics, if we maintain civility and a positive culture. That means refrain from political inserts and keep away from the edge of the cliff.
Don't be a Wile E Coyote!


Happy Sunday Morning!
 
Last edited:
Fact is, we're past 2024 election. The trajectory is clear. Politics existed long before us and will long after us.
Do I need to debate it every single day? No.

That's where I am at. The old saying goes, "you hang with dogs, you might catch fleas", something like that.
If one wants to promote unity, don't participate in divisive rhetoric.

From what I understand, @ikeo1 wants to give us an opportunity to have casual conversations about non-gun & non 2A related topics, if we maintain civility and a positive culture. That means refrain from political inserts and keep away from the edge of the cliff.
Don't be a Wile E Coyote!


Happy Sunday Morning!
100%
Off Topic was a cesspool of hate and bigotry, dominated by frequent posting hateful bigots, and moderated by moderators sympathetic to hateful bigots to create an echo chamber to amplify hate and bigotry. Cal Guns would have been better without it, and CAguns IS better without it. Despite breaking news (most breaking news threads quickly being dominated by said hateful bigots anyway), the juice isn't worth the squeeze on that one. ARFcom is only a few clicks away; let the OT lovers post their OT content there.
Perfect summary.
 
100%

Perfect summary.
The only thing I'll say about this is, it's hard for moderators to stay objective. That's one of the lessons I've taken from CGN. I don't want to subject any volunteer moderators to the same scrutiny. I'm working on the moderator framework here so we can make sure that moderators are neutral and try to maintain the vibe here. Our vibe is one where we focus on helping people come into the sport or scene and get the information they are looking for with minimal distractions.
 
The only thing I'll say about this is, it's hard for moderators to stay objective. That's one of the lessons I've taken from CGN. I don't want to subject any volunteer moderators to the same scrutiny. I'm working on the moderator framework here so we can make sure that moderators are neutral and try to maintain the vibe here. Our vibe is one where we focus on helping people come into the sport or scene and get the information they are looking for with minimal distractions.
It's definitely a fine line. I used to be a Moderator at AR15.com before it was bought out by Brownells. I was asked to be a MOD in the General forums but chose the EE. Its a much easier job negotiating people's deals vs in-fighting of general forums.
 
In a non-firearms forum I frequent, the mods are polled by the site owner. He acts accordingly to the thumbs up/down of a group of mods affiliated with that particular subforum, if possible. So, a republic approach, of sorts. YMMV
 
Back
Top Bottom