18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Pics Official 1911 Photo Thread

My two semi Gucci 1911’s. OSight SE (have mercy) on TRP was originally intended as a placeholder until the new EPS/AEMS stuff from Shot Show ‘26 come out but they just don’t exist in stores yet.
No hate other than the optics are way too small for a full sized 1911 (my opinion). As you see I have an Osight on mine. It worked great on my Shadow Systems, so far no issues on the TRP. I actually purposefully chose the X because it is a little thinner of a profile side to side and is more well matched in proportions to the slender profile of a 1911. I could have just as easily tossed on one of my 507 Comp's or even the 507 Promax, but they looked kinda silly on there.
 
No hate other than the optics are way too small for a full sized 1911 (my opinion). As you see I have an Osight on mine. It worked great on my Shadow Systems, so far no issues on the TRP. I actually purposefully chose the X because it is a little thinner of a profile side to side and is more well matched in proportions to the slender profile of a 1911. I could have just as easily tossed on one of my 507 Comp's or even the 507 Promax, but they looked kinda silly on there.
Yeah the SE has similar window size to an EPS carry. My EMP4 has a full sized EPS which visibly hangs over the slide in thickness. I’m either putting on my TRP an EPS CORE MRS in Gold or an AEMS micro on whenever they finally come into stock. (Assuming nighthawk also releases an IOS plate with a native AEMS footprint)
 
Two things I was planning for didn’t happen: Holosun stocking their new AEMS/EPS stuff quickly, and the SE dying by the time the Holosun stuff arrives. I put ~1730 rounds through the TRP with that thing on and it hasn’t died somehow.
I have one on my MKIV to see over the can. It’s not bad, the buttons are to small and a pain in the ass to hit, but hasn’t broke.

That entire pistol system is out of state so we will see if it survives getting shot only a few times a year and living in storage
 
I have one on my MKIV to see over the can. It’s not bad, the buttons are to small and a pain in the ass to hit, but hasn’t broke.

That entire pistol system is out of state so we will see if it survives getting shot only a few times a year and living in storage
Yeah Holosun and Trijicon buttons are definitely a cut above Osight’s.
 
Finally got ahold of the best non-gamer magwell for the 1911 Stan Chan SI!

Here it is upon install and then after one dry fire session. Had a 44 round dry fire stage, so 4 mag changes each run. Ran it a variety of different ways for 30 minutes.
1790916464668.webp
 
My first foray into the world of 1911s, aside from shooting my favorite uncles chromed out Colt when I was a kid. This was during break in, before new G10 grips. Going to change to a right-hand-only thumb safety soon too. I defiantly caught the 1911 bug from this little EMP and it’s only a mater of time before I buy another!

IMG_5109.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom