18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Pics Official AK Picture Thread

My Saiga converted by Applied Kinetics ,
Jmac sight block, slr rail..
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20250116_233915_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20250116_233915_Gallery.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 65
You all have some sweet AK's ....

1. Chicom? OK ✅ Norinco 56s-1
2. C39v2 Milled Receiver only / "gutted" Polish parts kit Galil Stock.
3. Romy G1975 "Dong"
 

Attachments

  • 100_1060.JPG
    100_1060.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3378.jpeg
    IMG_3378.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0044.jpeg
    IMG_0044.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
My Zastava zpap m70
Primary Arms Raptor slx 3x micro prism
Master mount optic rail
Utg butt pad
Magpul Moe AK Grip
Carolina arms extended charge handle SS
With compmag installed
1000003824.jpg1000003823.jpg
 
You all have some sweet AK's ....

1. Chicom? OK ✅ Norinco 56s-1
2. C39v2 Milled Receiver only / "gutted" Polish parts kit Galil Stock.
3. Romy G1975 "Dong"
Nice dong, bro!
 
nice rifles, fellerz!
 
My builds from evolution sports- both built out Romanian kits- here is from my last Arizona trip.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7522.jpeg
    IMG_7522.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 39
1768681973336.webp

1768682100821.webp

My 2nd AK. I had this one built using a Romanian parts kit (with barrel) purchased online years ago, by a company located in Missouri I think, can't remember their name. I sent them the parts kit and furniture. Took them a few weeks and they shipped it back to my front door. It has a NATO length buttstock (an inch or two longer than the usual Warsaw-length buttstocks). They also put a plate on the side of the receiver for mounting an optic. Eventually I want to get a riser and optic for it but not sure of the best combo for that yet.
 
1768683544339.webp

1768683637499.webp

My 1st AK. Also built using a Romanian parts kit with original barrel, but this time by John Matthews (aka "m24armorer", former Calguns member, now deceased; not sure what he died of, but I do remember he smoked like a chimney). I delivered my parts kit and furniture to his machine shop in Los Gatos, CA. The furniture is from an AK-74 set I purchased online from SKSman.com (think he went out of business). The buttstock is Warsaw-length, which in retrospect I don't like because it's a little too short for me. But I wanted a "blonde" for this one. I have since put an AK-74 style muzzle brake on this one because I like the look better than the slant brake you see here.
 
I bought both my parts kits from https://www.apexgunparts.com/, back when they could send you the original barrels with the kit. Think I paid like $180 for each kit! So cheap! :cool: Wish I would've bought +20 of them at that price, could've made a LOT of money selling them off now...

1768684394235.webp

Pretty sure both kits were from UNFIRED rifles. Look at that bolt face, it is pristine, solid black, no silver circle around the outside diameter:

1768684644127.webp

And the barrels still had that curly strip of paper inside them, no corrosion of any kind, with crisp, sharp rifling:

1768684835164.webp

Kits like these were cheap back in the day. Original barrels. Shipped to your front door. :)
 
Back
Top Bottom