- Messages
- 207
- Classified ads
- 1
Clearly my post came out with a certain tone that was not intended.
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
If that then is the case, would it matter if the Mini-14 was chambered in .22LR? If not, what is your definition of “effective”, or in what context are you using it?It doesn't make the weapon itself less effective.
That is the same reference (and hasn’t changed much over the years) that all the folks I know from service rifle matches of numerous sorts have used. Seems to be the standard anywhere in the Unites States. Granted, some clubs/instructors change some aspects a bit to suit their own ideas. If one wants to partake in sanctioned service rifle matches, it will almost always be governed by the cited reference.![]()
2026 Highpower Rifle
These Rules govern all CMP sponsored and sanctioned Matches for Highpower Rifle events in National Trophy Matches, Excellence-In-Competition (EIC) Matches, CMP Cup Matches and other CMP-sanctioned competitions. Find out more at https://thecmp.org/competitions/cmp-competitions-rulebooks/.online.fliphtml5.com
If that then is the case, would it matter if the Mini-14 was chambered in .22LR? If not, what is your definition of “effective”, or in what context are you using it?
To me it was The A-team TV show that made it popular lol.The Mini 14 became infamous during the 1986 Miami Shootout


Is your SEI Match built on one of Ron’s receivers?…..those are the gold standard, IMO.Here are a few M1A's I've collected over the years, I have a few more in storage that I'm digging out next month. In this group is a mint Smith Ent National Match, 3 Glen Nelson NM, an early 5k SN, 2 5 line scouts / bush, 2 loaded and 7 of these are 5 line with USGI parts. Not pictured are a few Chinese M1A with USGI parts that I picked up 20 years ago.
Now that is epic and the fact you own a few Norinco's is amazing, I always wanted one before they got banned by Clinton but even back then they were not inexpensive running around 700.00.Here are a few M1A's I've collected over the years, I have a few more in storage that I'm digging out next month. In this group is a mint Smith Ent National Match, 3 Glen Nelson NM, an early 5k SN, 2 5 line scouts / bush, 2 loaded and 7 of these are 5 line with USGI parts. Not pictured are a few Chinese M1A with USGI parts that I picked up 20 years ago.
My Polytech is an M14/SNow that is epic and the fact you own a few Norinco's is amazing, I always wanted one before they got banned by Clinton but even back then they were not inexpensive running around 700.00.
I also recall them being sold as M-14's, not M1A's which is what Springfield designated them when they started on the civilian market.
Now thats a nasty looking viper.Socom II (it’s for sale) with th vltor full rail hard to find
If I recall Polytech and Norenco M14's came from the same factory.My Polytech is an M14/S
These kind of "vipers" make me wonder if I should upgrade my Mini 14 to one of those.Now thats a nasty looking viper.