- Messages
- 576
All these M1A variants are very nice. But considering the cost difference in ammunition between the .223/5.56 vs .308, I would keep at least one weapon that uses the .223/5.56 for that alone. When I was younger and didn’t have orthopedic issues that defined how much I could carry all day, those M1A’s were no problem. Thirty + years later the increased weight of the platform limits my use of such. The weight issue, and higher cost of the ammunition are something you might consider before dumping the Mini-14, if you are OK with the differences between the two cartridges. Why not simply keep both?These kind of "vipers" make me wonder if I should upgrade my Mini 14 to one of those.
That would mean I'd be all in on .308 for rifle caliper.
I have lots of .223/5.56 in storage, I'd prolly be sitting on it w/ out any shooting apparatus for it.




