18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Older Glocks as "investments" and their value

I have one gun that has it, a Hellcat micro, and I don't think it's a big deal or even a dealbreaker for owning it.
Nothing wrong with another added visual safety indicator.

Yes I know, you should clear and check and nanny state arguments but is it really that big of a deal?

Why do you feel that away about it?
Are CLI/LCI's necessary or helpful? Not in the slightest; they don't replace basic safety procedures. They are completely useless and unnecessary. They are obviously just another attempt by anti-2A politicians to restrict the supply of firearms available to consumers. But are they a big deal if a gun has one? Not for me. I personally DGAF. But some CLI/LCI's are definitely uglier than others. Gun makers are getting better at designing them so they comply with regulations but don't look as stupid as they used to (looking at you S&W).
 
Glock Vs coming to California in 2 years because some guy on the internet said so LOL. Value of gen 5 will skyrocket!
The value of gen 5s will skyrocket in CA or out of CA? Because the gen V is coming to the rest of the country very soon like by the end of the year. The Gen 5 is already expensive in CA because it is off-roster. Not sure what the meaning of your post is.
 
I do not mind an LCI if done tastefully. Better than a press check and I the tactile conformation in the dark is a plus.

I’m not a fan however when it is added as an afterthought just checking a box for the roster and not any thought put into its placement, design, or aesthetic.
I don't mind either if it is done well. But yeah it bugs me if it looks needlessly ugly when it doesn't have to be. As far a usefulness, they have absolutely no safety value at all for me. I'm so used to standard safety procedure that I never use the CLI/LCI; in fact, I find it more of a distraction if anything. Just something to make safety more complicated and lull one into a false sense of security. If you treat a gun as if it is loaded at all times, then a CLI/LCI is absolutely useless.
 
I don't mind either if it is done well. But yeah it bugs me if it looks needlessly ugly when it doesn't have to be. As far a usefulness, they have absolutely no safety value at all for me. I'm so used to standard safety procedure that I never use the CLI/LCI; in fact, I find it more of a distraction if anything. Just something to make safety more complicated and lull one into a false sense of security. If you treat a gun as if it is loaded at all times, then a CLI/LCI is absolutely useless.
Treating a gun as if it is loaded at all times, and knowing it is loaded by a visual check of LCI are two completely different things.

Once a round is chambered, the less manual manipulation of the weapon, to include a press check vs LCI is safer and less chances for a ND.
 
Will older Gen Glocks (5 and older) increase in price/value? Of course, most people aren't interested owning a Glock for the purposes of slapping on a Glock switch, but we know how human nature is. If something is banned for it's capabilities, people want to own it, even if they have no intention of owning it for "switch" purposes.

Will these older Glocks be a good investment? Are people "panick buying" Glocks? Are you guys? I'm considering getting two Glocks for this reason alone. Worst case scenario is I sell them at a later date for what I paid for them in the first place.

But with just HOW many Glocks there are in circulation, I also think not much will change unless people hold onto their old Glocks and demand silly prices (we also know this is how the gun world works).

And this goes for the entire nation, not just CA since Glock is changing their ENTIRE line up. The pre-V Glocks will be known as the "full auto capable" Glocks. Surely that street wording alone can increase their $$$ value? Unless a new style switch is made for the new V version 🤣

Just wanted to hear your guy's thoughts on the matter.
Glocks are grossly overrated. Only a fool will pay more than retail price for one. And, yes there are many fools out there. Unfortunately, Glock prices will inevitably increase. As people go into a frenzy and purchase any Glock they can get their hands on. I would hold off and wait for the “V” model. I’m sure the reliability will be equal to the current product.
 
Much like Hummel figurines, there are a lot of Glocks out there. Though there were always be a demand for Glocks BUT there will also be a large supply. As such, I don’t expect there to be a large value or gain in value; unless of course, you have a brand new in the box never fired Glock in pristine condition and then some premium. I wouldn’t spend a fortune on buy them.
 
Does anyone know if the Glock Vag models will be added to the CA roster? Perhaps as part of a deal?
 
Glocks are grossly overrated. Only a fool will pay more than retail price for one. And, yes there are many fools out there. Unfortunately, Glock prices will inevitably increase. As people go into a frenzy and purchase any Glock they can get their hands on. I would hold off and wait for the “V” model. I’m sure the reliability will be equal to the current product.

Why do you say Glocks are overrated? How are they overrated in your opinion?
 
Why do you say Glocks are overrated? How are they overrated in your opinion?
Blocky non ergonomic grip with no grip to it and an odd grip angle, bad trigger that loses reliability if you make it better. Now that we have echelons, pdps ,m&p and VP9, Glock just doesn't offer much for the same price. Even the V models will still be lacking to all of those others. I also get nasty slide bite because I have large hands, even on the 17.
 
Last edited:
Never cared for plastic, won't be buying one now either. I'm a self declared late-boomer. Muh python bro. M14 over errthang. Acid reflux. Considering a pair of new balances next.
 
Never cared for plastic, won't be buying one now either. I'm a self declared late-boomer. Muh python bro. M14 over errthang. Acid reflux. Considering a pair of new balances next.
What does it mean if I like polymer lowers and have like 3 pairs of new balance?
 
I dig this spicy energy but I’ll be honest I don’t see any tactical value in a full auto glonk

I'd tell you how, but given the Commiefornian responses on here, I'd probably get mass reported. But they'd be very effective. Right tool for the right job type thing.
 
Does anyone ever wonder if this BIG gun companies and these politicians rage bait us and make deals? This GLOCK V Was planned well before Nusollini and this BAN were in motion.

Just looking at the timing and money it's generating seems a little suspicious.

every policy or law isn't to stop us from doing it, its to cost us more. The roster doesn't stop us from buying, it makes private party sale MORE. Everything is a hidden tax. Sometimes I see these big brands and politicians/laws and thing we are being played.

just my conspiracy.
 
I thought it would be worth it to buy a couple gen 3s to keep unfired, but stopped myself when I realized the market is, and will remain saturated with them.
 
Nothing is an investment when they are made in massive quantities and are common as STD's in Vegas.
Tell that to the boomers who snatched up all the Mosins in early 2000 for $150 or less and are now selling them on GunBroker for $2000+.
 
Back
Top Bottom