18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

One gun for everything, forever.

Unrealistic to expect a gun person to own only 1 firearm.

At some point in my life, I can see myself owning 2 handguns, 2 rifles and 2 shotguns or something like that.

Then an extra 22 pistol, but you end up disliking the Buckmark and you get a Ruger MK IV. Then you find out about Volquartsen and decide to get an accurized 10/22. Oh, look! Their Ruger MK IV conversions look awesome. Now another gun is added to the roster! Gotta buy it to try...or maybe you have to have it after shooting a friend's example model.

Then you go onto Dark Canyon and start reading Skeeter Skelton's articles on the 357 Magnum. Next, you're buying 357 Magnum revolvers, ammo, reloading gear and so forth. But, it's actually quite weak when compared to 44 Magnum. Next you deep dive into Elmer Keith and get into 44 Magnum. Then you learn about why 44 Special is so awesome....

It goes on and on.
 
Last edited:
Then an extra 22 pistol, but you end up disliking the Buckmark and you get a Ruger MK IV. Then you find out about Volquartsen and decide to get an accurized 10/22. Oh, look! Their Ruger MK IV conversions look awesome. Now another gun is added to the roster! Gotta buy it to try...or maybe you have to have it after shooting a friend's example model.

Then you go onto Dark Canyon and start reading Skeeter Skelton's articles on the 357 Magnum. Next, you're buying 357 Magnum revolvers, ammo, reloading gear and so forth. But, it's actually quite weak when compared to 44 Magnum. Next you deep dive into Elmer Keith and get into 44 Magnum. Then you learn about why 44 Special is so awesome....

It goes on and on.

I could choose a limited few or several to keep and not buy anymore and I kind of think about doing that sometimes.

I like my MKIV Target with flat trigger, it's keeper.
 
The big decision point is do you want to CCW or not. The separates pistols from long arms. I think I would and if I could only pick one, it would probably be a G19 though I could probably get by with an Sig P365. If I could add one long arms or didn’t worry about CCW, it would likely be either a Mossberg 500 or a 30-30 lever action. I lean towards the Mossberg 500 because I do like shooting various clay sports.
 
My only thought is this: when something bad happens to me, unfortunately, we all die, what the hell is going to happen to all my good 💩? Some local gun shop will give my spouse half or 40% of what everything is worth; or worse, a pawnshop will buy it all for less. My hope is that my closest friends not family, will help my spouse get the best she can get and then my buddy will take one of the best as a "thank you" but really, it's all material and I don't plan on having it buried with me. So, here's my list.
1. 9mm pistol-sig 228
2. 22 rifle, Ruger 10/22
3. AR 15-any damn one will do
4. AK-47
5. Shotgun-1 short barrel and 1 long barrel: Benelli and Winchester 1300 pump or Remington
6. 1 Bolt rifle in 5.56, 308, 30-30, or whatever you wish.
Stay well y'all.
 
My only thought is this: when something bad happens to me, unfortunately, we all die, what the hell is going to happen to all my good 💩? Some local gun shop will give my spouse half or 40% of what everything is worth; or worse, a pawnshop will buy it all for less. My hope is that my closest friends not family, will help my spouse get the best she can get and then my buddy will take one of the best as a "thank you" but really, it's all material and I don't plan on having it buried with me. So, here's my list.
1. 9mm pistol-sig 228
2. 22 rifle, Ruger 10/22
3. AR 15-any damn one will do
4. AK-47
5. Shotgun-1 short barrel and 1 long barrel: Benelli and Winchester 1300 pump or Remington
6. 1 Bolt rifle in 5.56, 308, 30-30, or whatever you wish.
Stay well y'all.

I'll be selling or gifting my guns as I get up in the years.

My vintage 10/22 is for sale, don't feel a need for it since I got the MKIV Target. The target pistol fits in my tank bag and I get to combine range trip with motorcycle ride - talk about getting your cake and eating it too!

My G19 is for sale because I determined I want my gun to have a hammer and a double action first trigger pull. This lets me keep it safely under my pillow, unholstered, when I'm camping. For me, this pistol is the P2000.

I can get to number 6 pretty quick and stop there just like you and be totally content!
 
Last edited:
And this is why the military standardizes equipment.

I'm my universe you'd all be getting AR10's in 6.5creedmoor and a 9mm DA/SA pistol. Complainers get a bonus shovel for digging the trenches!
I'd be happy with an AR10 and my SIG P229!
 
I could choose a limited few or several to keep and not buy anymore and I kind of think about doing that sometimes.

I like my MKIV Target with flat trigger, it's keeper.

Yeaaahhhh...we've heard that before. You can stop at any time, right?
 
Yeaaahhhh...we've heard that before. You can stop at any time, right?

Well, one is just not something anyone who's hangs out on a gun forum would do.

This is entertainment for most of us, and we like our entertainment!
 
My only thought is this: when something bad happens to me, unfortunately, we all die, what the hell is going to happen to all my good 💩? Some local gun shop will give my spouse half or 40% of what everything is worth; or worse, a pawnshop will buy it all for less. My hope is that my closest friends not family, will help my spouse get the best she can get and then my buddy will take one of the best as a "thank you" but really, it's all material and I don't plan on having it buried with me. So, here's my list.
1. 9mm pistol-sig 228
2. 22 rifle, Ruger 10/22
3. AR 15-any damn one will do
4. AK-47
5. Shotgun-1 short barrel and 1 long barrel: Benelli and Winchester 1300 pump or Remington
6. 1 Bolt rifle in 5.56, 308, 30-30, or whatever you wish.
Stay well y'all.

Maybe you won't...I'm going the other way:

1765822058813.webp
 
The big decision point is do you want to CCW or not. The separates pistols from long arms. I think I would and if I could only pick one, it would probably be a G19 though I could probably get by with an Sig P365. If I could add one long arms or didn’t worry about CCW, it would likely be either a Mossberg 500 or a 30-30 lever action. I lean towards the Mossberg 500 because I do like shooting various clay sports.
I have been thinking more. As much as I could live with those choices, the Glock 19 doesn’t stir my soul. Don’t get me wrong, there is beauty in its utilitarian design but I want a reliable pistol that is also beautiful. If I could only have one, I’d want an Sig P226 with three barrels (9 mm & .357 Sig and a .22 LR). The only reason I don’t put a P227 (basically a P226 but in .45 ACP) as the one is that I’ve started to develop arthritis in my hands in my late 50s. It hasn’t impacted my ability to shoot but I worry that as I get older,I may not be able to continue to shoot .45s so I’m hedging on future physical ability to still shoot 9 mm.

Much harder to conceal but I have high round counts through my P226 and P220 so I know they are utterly reliable (either 2 or 3 failure to fires during an IDPA likely user induced fixed by tap and rack) over 16,000 rounds. I like the long DA pull and feel safer when I can see the hammer’s position vs. a striker fired pistol. Would I miss a long arm? Absolutely but I’m not going to war and I am not bugging out on foot so for just about all scenarios I can think of the P226 would do me just fine.
 
Last edited:
I'll also have to go with the Glock 19, but it would be the Gen 3 just due to being in production for so many years and there being so many clones. As a lefty I love my gen 5, but it was only out for a few years before it was discontinued so part supplies are limited compared to the Gen 3.
 
Back
Top Bottom