18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

PCC recommendations

Ultimately, you can turn a standard model into either of those. I have two PC Carbines that I bought as standard models when they first came out. After awhile, I put one of these Midwest Industries forends on both of them, added red dots, and used them to start shooting PCC in local USPSA matches:
View attachment 118754

The biggest problem I had was dropping magazines quickly during classifiers that required mag changes, so I added Jawbone extended mag releases:
View attachment 118757

I ended up getting a JP-5 once I decided to make PCC became one of my primary divisions. At that point I got rid of the M-Lok forends and extended mag releases, and I put a wood stock from Woodshop Wednesday on one (with iron sights), and a Magpul Backpacker stock on the other (with a red dot).

The point is, if you’re not sure what you want, just get a standard model to start, and then change it up however you want as you go.
I'm on the wait list for the Jawbone accessory. I think I'm going with the M-Lok version. It's going to be strictly home defense and plinking. So angled hand stop, red dot, and light. Hopefully I'll keep the total under $1500 with some Black Friday deals. If you got any recommendations, please feel free to share. TIA.
 
I'm on the wait list for the Jawbone accessory. I think I'm going with the M-Lok version. It's going to be strictly home defense and plinking. So angled hand stop, red dot, and light. Hopefully I'll keep the total under $1500 with some Black Friday deals. If you got any recommendations, please feel free to share. TIA.
Here are a couple of places to start browsing:
 
I really like my KelTec. Is it kooky? Hell yes. Does it look like the designers at KT sat down one day, did a line, and then designed it? Yep. But it’s reliable and it takes Glock mags, and the folding is a plus. Couple thousand rounds in and I’ve only had a handful of malfunctions.
 
I picked up the Ruger PCC with the Magpul backpacker stock and have zero regrets. I changed out the magwell to use the Glock magazines (have both g17&g19 already), installed a Holosun 510, and switched the bolt handle to the left side. Otherwise, completely stock with Zero failures. I purposely went this route to avoid AR style rifles.
 
Another PCC that no one has brought up is the CZ Scorpion.

I love mine. Installed a few aftermarket parts. Shoots great and love to take it to the range.

The price is a bit high compared to other PCC's though.
 
Back
Top Bottom