- Messages
- 449
I never had any FTF, but it’s a difficult gun to shoot
I tried competing with an off roster P365 and P365 XL. I was much slower , it’s hard to do rapid follow up shots and precision shots while moving. Changing mags was really tough with the P365, better with the XL with a Wilson Combat frame. Even used the XMacro mags with after market base plates to drop more freely. I still had to put epoxy and silicate carbide on the grip. It’s also more difficult to shoot strong hand only and weak hand only.
Switching back to a P-01 from concealment , it was much faster, easier to transition rapidly and accurately between targets and shoot while moving. It’s even easier to do all that with an SP-01.
Last weekend , I checked out the P365’s of some shooters much better than me. Both went XMacro: Mischief Machine and Ace steel grip modules with aggressive texture. Both came to the same conclusion: the smaller grip modules are much tougher to shoot and manipulate under pressure.
Have you tried replicating that while shooting on the move and changing mags?Funny you should say that - at the range this week I also outshot my CZ Shadow 2 with this little P365 x-macro comp.
By the way, I've never had any problems cycling ammo through my P365.
![]()
I tried competing with an off roster P365 and P365 XL. I was much slower , it’s hard to do rapid follow up shots and precision shots while moving. Changing mags was really tough with the P365, better with the XL with a Wilson Combat frame. Even used the XMacro mags with after market base plates to drop more freely. I still had to put epoxy and silicate carbide on the grip. It’s also more difficult to shoot strong hand only and weak hand only.
Switching back to a P-01 from concealment , it was much faster, easier to transition rapidly and accurately between targets and shoot while moving. It’s even easier to do all that with an SP-01.
Last weekend , I checked out the P365’s of some shooters much better than me. Both went XMacro: Mischief Machine and Ace steel grip modules with aggressive texture. Both came to the same conclusion: the smaller grip modules are much tougher to shoot and manipulate under pressure.
Last edited: