18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Question re P365 CA

I never had any FTF, but it’s a difficult gun to shoot
Funny you should say that - at the range this week I also outshot my CZ Shadow 2 with this little P365 x-macro comp.

By the way, I've never had any problems cycling ammo through my P365.

5W0H9Md.jpg
Have you tried replicating that while shooting on the move and changing mags?

I tried competing with an off roster P365 and P365 XL. I was much slower , it’s hard to do rapid follow up shots and precision shots while moving. Changing mags was really tough with the P365, better with the XL with a Wilson Combat frame. Even used the XMacro mags with after market base plates to drop more freely. I still had to put epoxy and silicate carbide on the grip. It’s also more difficult to shoot strong hand only and weak hand only.

Switching back to a P-01 from concealment , it was much faster, easier to transition rapidly and accurately between targets and shoot while moving. It’s even easier to do all that with an SP-01.

Last weekend , I checked out the P365’s of some shooters much better than me. Both went XMacro: Mischief Machine and Ace steel grip modules with aggressive texture. Both came to the same conclusion: the smaller grip modules are much tougher to shoot and manipulate under pressure.
 
Last edited:
I never had any FTF, but it’s a difficult gun to shoot

Have you tried replicating that while shooting on the move and changing mags?

I tried competing with an off roster P365 and P365 XL. I was much slower , it’s hard to do rapid follow up shots and precision shots while moving. Changing mags was really tough with the P365, better with the XL with a Wilson Combat frame. Even used the XMacro mags with after market base plates to drop more freely. I still had to put epoxy and silicate carbide on the grip. It’s also more difficult to shoot strong hand only and weak hand only.

Switching back to a P-01 from concealment , it was much faster, easier to transition rapidly and accurately between targets and shoot while moving. It’s even easier to do all that with an SP-01.

Last weekend , I checked out the P365’s of some shooters much better than me. Both went XMacro: Mischief Machine and Ace steel grip modules with aggressive texture. Both came to the same conclusion: the smaller grip modules are much tougher to shoot and manipulate under pressure.
Fortunately, most people don’t buy P365s for competition. My P365 can go places an SP-01 or even a P-01 can’t. Namely, my pocket.
 
You can fiddle around or simply call SIG for a call tag. They'll have their armorer go through the gun and getcha dialed in. I would not carry a gun I don't trust. Once its back (turnaround for me has always been less than a week), run some defense ammo through it (always HST's for my four SIGs) & then some round-nose practice ammo. Always clean it head to tail after shooting, including removing the FCU and your confidence in it will build quickly. Its an awesome gun.
 
I’m going with the ACE when they come back in stock. I’ve got around 5500 rounds through the XL, taken defensive and comp classes with it and competed with it. It’s j
Fortunately, most people don’t buy P365s for competition. My P365 can go places an SP-01 or even a P-01 can’t. Namely, my pocket.
i compete and take classes with my EDC’s with every day clothes for proficiency. Testing gear and pressure testing skill. There are a growing number of shooters doing this. I enjoy it and it helps me trust my gear and develop the skill set needed for CCW.

My answer: https://mischiefmachine.co/shop/ols/products/gen-2-p365-commander-series-metal-grip-modules

Here is a vid where a very good shooter discusses the pros and cons of subcompacts and shows how much slower and less accurate he is with a subcompact regardless if it's ported or not. It's not that it can't be done, but it's so much more work and time. He's shooting a Glock 43X which is bigger than the P365.

 
Last edited:
I never had any FTF, but it’s a difficult gun to shoot

Have you tried replicating that while shooting on the move and changing mags?

I tried competing with an off roster P365 and P365 XL. I was much slower , it’s hard to do rapid follow up shots and precision shots while moving. Changing mags was really tough with the P365, better with the XL with a Wilson Combat frame. Even used the XMacro mags with after market base plates to drop more freely. I still had to put epoxy and silicate carbide on the grip. It’s also more difficult to shoot strong hand only and weak hand only.

Switching back to a P-01 from concealment , it was much faster, easier to transition rapidly and accurately between targets and shoot while moving. It’s even easier to do all that with an SP-01.

Last weekend , I checked out the P365’s of some shooters much better than me. Both went XMacro: Mischief Machine and Ace steel grip modules with aggressive texture. Both came to the same conclusion: the smaller grip modules are much tougher to shoot and manipulate under pressure.

I like the smaller grip of the 365. It’s a lot grippier and more comfortable than my G34 was. I’m adding it to my CCW when I renew in a couple of months.

I’m not experienced with shooting and moving but the 365 is respectable with double taps. My CZ Shadow 2 is what I’m working with for steels and possibly other action shooting, but I’m a work in progress.
 
1000 rounds out of the box 5 different mags not one issue for me…..
Send it for repair and evaluation Sig is great at warranties and product performance…..
 
I had this issue bad. It turned out to be a really stiff extractor spring. Next time you get a FTF try press against the extractor spring (circled in red). For me, this got the slide to chamber the round. The issue when away after about 5-600 rounds. Approaching about 2-3k rounds without an issue.
 

Attachments

  • 1000000317.webp
    1000000317.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 2
I never had any FTF, but it’s a difficult gun to shoot

Have you tried replicating that while shooting on the move and changing mags?

I tried competing with an off roster P365 and P365 XL. I was much slower , it’s hard to do rapid follow up shots and precision shots while moving. Changing mags was really tough with the P365, better with the XL with a Wilson Combat frame. Even used the XMacro mags with after market base plates to drop more freely. I still had to put epoxy and silicate carbide on the grip. It’s also more difficult to shoot strong hand only and weak hand only.

Switching back to a P-01 from concealment , it was much faster, easier to transition rapidly and accurately between targets and shoot while moving. It’s even easier to do all that with an SP-01.

Last weekend , I checked out the P365’s of some shooters much better than me. Both went XMacro: Mischief Machine and Ace steel grip modules with aggressive texture. Both came to the same conclusion: the smaller grip modules are much tougher to shoot and manipulate under pressure.
Its all in the mass…. The lighter it is the more muscle memory you need to point it…. As odd as that sounds… same experience I have switching from 365 to 320 running the transition….
 
As a follow up I shot it again with 124gr NATO spec ammo and it was fine, I’ll keep using the hotter loads for a while and then try with 115gr again.
 
Back
Top Bottom