18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

r/GAFS getting banned by Reddit! New Rule 7 effective October 9th.

Mods just announced they trynna make their own GAFS website.

They are currently looking to pay for a ux designer for it
They have everything and everyone they need to make it happen it seems like per discord. If you're a GAFS user, I would just wait. Gafs been a good source for quality parts and gear at non-fudd prices and a good place to sell or trade your stuff as it reaches alot more people across the US.
 
You didn’t pay. That’s only one feature, you pay for ad removal and more listings.

Keep in mind this is why Reddit has the power to ban the sub reddit. Any free service needs to be paid for. These bills are not cheap and continue to grow. As the size grows so does the bill and maintenance costs. Reddit pays for it with guess what, ads. At least these would come from the community and people with similar interests.

One reason I offer this with a freemium model is that I have the expertise to scale the systems up and keep them reliably up and performant. I’m also good with telemetry and bottleneck isolation. With 2A on a 💩 list and being taken down, new services need to spin up. What you might not realize is that the host pays for the bandwidth. You pay for unlimited internet but the host gets charged for it when they serve to you.

That’s how it goes. Some of us will take the risk financially and time wise to answer the call. Not everyone is going to be successful but we all try.

Whoever thinks they’ll spin up a service that uses expensive resources like compute network and storage with tens of thousands of users for free without some sort of revenue model is destined to fail.
Remember ComblocMarket sub? That sub got banned, but their spinoff for website is thriving since the ban. They do have a contributor system, except they don't make contributor ads "featured.", or get more ads than the non paying person. The only difference between contributor and free is bump. Bump every 24hrs or 48hrs.

They do not have ads.

Bump was never a means to utilize when selling on gafs or comblocmarket, as most utilize the search function.

Gafs could go the similar, but I would think the bump system won't be any factor in buying or selling.
 
Remember ComblocMarket sub? That sub got banned, but their spinoff for website is thriving since the ban. They do have a contributor system, except they don't make contributor ads "featured.", or get more ads than the non paying person. The only difference between contributor and free is bump. Bump every 24hrs or 48hrs.

They do not have ads.

Bump was never a means to utilize when selling on gafs or comblocmarket, as most utilize the search function.

Gafs could go the similar, but I would think the bump system won't be any factor in buying or selling.
Never heard of it or the website, shoot the website name and I’ll take a look at their metrics.

They have to have a monetization system or it goes dark. It’s quite simple. That or it runs net negative from some rich person. As I mentioned I’m on ACA and my health insurance is about to double while I give away stuff here and “unemployed”. Not sure what you would do in my shoes or just suck it up and get a real job and put this to rest like CGN
 
Comblocmarket.com. They seem to be hosted in Xenforo as well.

I checked out ArmoryHQ and without logging in or creating an account, I only saw ads from CA. My words should mean nothing as I am not a Contributor, just an opinion, but maybe just close ArmoryHQ and stay/focus with here? Nationwide online market forums are already established it would seem. Not sure about the other one you have going as well.

And most of these already established nationwide market forums have rules in place that sets apart from rules on here which I think is favorable to many users. Like deleting, or maybe threadcrapping/advice giving, no pay to win models, etc.

But like I said, just an opinion, my opinion should be the least of any concerns as I am not a contributor.
 
There is a small rumor that all other gun subreddits may soon be banned by end of year.

r/guns, firearms, caguns, retroar, ar15, ak47, etc, etc.
 
ArmoryHQ has a new banner up welcoming GAFS users and saying they will transfer over your flair count. For those who don't know, flair is a reputation system where each positive feedback from a transaction gets you one flair point. I had 81 flair which earned me the title: "Absolute Unit". lol

I have always found ArmoryHQ items overpriced, although you can make offers.
 
ArmoryHQ has a new banner up welcoming GAFS users and saying they will transfer over your flair count. For those who don't know, flair is a reputation system where each positive feedback from a transaction gets you one flair point. I had 81 flair which earned me the title: "Absolute Unit". lol

I have always found ArmoryHQ items overpriced, although you can make offers.
I wish I could have made 1 more flair.

Currently stuck/at 88.
 
Comblocmarket.com. They seem to be hosted in Xenforo as well.

I checked out ArmoryHQ and without logging in or creating an account, I only saw ads from CA. My words should mean nothing as I am not a Contributor, just an opinion, but maybe just close ArmoryHQ and stay/focus with here? Nationwide online market forums are already established it would seem. Not sure about the other one you have going as well.

And most of these already established nationwide market forums have rules in place that sets apart from rules on here which I think is favorable to many users. Like deleting, or maybe threadcrapping/advice giving, no pay to win models, etc.

But like I said, just an opinion, my opinion should be the least of any concerns as I am not a contributor.
Rules for CA are different.

In different markets we can make different rules. I can understand why you don’t like certain things. I like to give back to the people that help us. I was negative for a year burning a lot of cash getting this going and the generosity of the community really helped us build this place.

I know it’s a little strict for some but this is the first. On armory there’s no forums specifically to reduce issues.. I’m just throwing it in there because I use it to test features before landing here..

There is a small rumor that all other gun subreddits may soon be banned by end of year.

r/guns, firearms, caguns, retroar, ar15, ak47, etc, etc.

I can run systems confidently for all of 2A no problem, but would eventually need some help but the infra is built to handle it. This site is engineered to handle 1 million+ users comfortably. The hard part isn’t the tech it’s the management of it. Spam, illegal items, scammers, etc
 
yall see that GAFS is trying to make its own website? thyre lookin for UI/UX designer atm
yeah... that's not my wheelhouse... that's gonna be a thing... They like discord though, so it's going to be a little more difficult to operate at scale. Hopefully they have skill to do it. I'd love to help them out and support the backend and provide the base layer in exchange for ads, kinda like reddit. Lol.. So they can just focus on modding... I'm not so good..
 
Whoever is doing the gafs site shouldn't be stuck on UX. That's step by step Web dev that was set aside about 10 years ago.

2A sites focusing on n-tier Web is a stuck fixation. That's a Web server, middleware, DB. Again, a legacy architecture that is not going to cut it were someone to be interviewed for a jr engineering position as the sum total they need to know. Like being fixated on carburetors and non overdrive transmissions for a daily driver.

At this point, they either know the winning core functions and user interactions from prior successful destinations or they don't.

As far as monetization goes, there were several Reddit jds I've seen hit my inbox that tells me they're operating like most established global platforms.


There's a couple 2A entities that I know use modern data methods to keep themselves fed and growing. The rest won't get to where today is until we are at least one evolution or more to the next thing.
 
Back
Top Bottom