18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

r/GAFS getting banned by Reddit! New Rule 7 effective October 9th.

I’m starting to work with the developer https://realgafs.com it’ll be reddit login based and try to leverage what I’ve learned with this market
Ok, using saml to steer to old gafs users to the new site works temporarily.
When you move identities permanently and see 2fa drops or weird bots hitting listings thats a bad jwt or janky oauth implementation.
You have to build a solid OIDC implementation.

If you guys dont learn how to build a modern interaction model, youll end up rebuilding the site.
Some of the more capable bots we have seen can rip and tear in about 22secs.
 
Ok, using saml to steer to old gafs users to the new site works temporarily.
When you move identities permanently and see 2fa drops or weird bots hitting listings thats a bad jwt or janky oauth implementation.
You have to build a solid OIDC implementation.

If you guys dont learn how to build a modern interaction model, youll end up rebuilding the site.
Some of the more capable bots we have seen can rip and tear in about 22secs.
If we leverage OAuth from Reddit, that's up to them... We won't check for 2FA, that will be offered just like here though.

The issue with the gafs site that we had issues with is people don't like the gated nature of it. On CAguns it works well because theres lower probability of a scammer because of our perimeter defenses. This site has very high walls to climb to get in.

For the GAFS crowd, the defenses I have are too strict compared to what they're used to. We might have to have a lower defense profile on that one to seed users as we build up until we get the network effect and start to lock it down. On armoryHQ a lot of people couldn't reach the site because all the blocks on CAguns are automatically applied there. Bots don't do well here.
 
Ummm.... in English please :)
if you sign in too many times it gives up or your login cookie expires and has trouble reauthenticating.. That isn't an issue here or with anything that we would build. We do have rate limits then ban for bots who fail. There are lots of little mouse traps here.

If you're experiencing that at tacswap, then you'll have to reset your 2FA. Once you do that that issue should go away. Something is out of sync, either time or wrong 2FA method
 
Never seen Redditt. I figure I didn't miss anything.
The gun accessories subreddit was pretty awesome honestly. I never bought any optics new, only used for great deals. Also was the best way to sell gun accessories. I don't think I ever had an accessory sitting around for more than a few days after listing it on there.
 
The gun accessories subreddit was pretty awesome honestly. I never bought any optics new, only used for great deals. Also was the best way to sell gun accessories. I don't think I ever had an accessory sitting around for more than a few days after listing it on there.
You could easily find a used RMR type 2 for $300-400 on GAFS any day of the week.

Used gear would be dibs/sold in literal seconds if priced correctly. Was great for budget builds, and trying/retiring parts.
 
Last edited:
You could easily find a used RMR type 2 for $300-400 on GAFS any day of the week.

Used gear would be dibs/sold in literal seconds if priced correctly. Was great for budget builds, and trying/retiring parts.
Is it really infinity and tacswap right now? Where are they going? I think Ill take Down the VPN blocks on that site and open it up what do you think
 
Ummm.... in English please :)
A bunch of sites implement "defenses" like they're adding on options to a cheeseburger.

Problem 1 of 2, like your tacswap login issue, is that they either do not know there an installation problem to their gate lock so they can't fix it themselves.

The other problem would be they don't monitor dropped/failed logins to trace the problem. That's the more problematic posture. Bc that means the idea they're running secured is a belief rather than a tested and observable fact.

Bc somewhere the tokens backing a step in their mousetrap is persistent rather than ephemeral. Meaning the user can retry after a certain interval and a fresh token is issued. An erroneously persistent token cannot be refreshed and therefore no logins.

What I'm talking about is a $400k a year Web dev problem that there are a ton of jobs that'll throw full benefits @ lowball $170k-$280k right now at. No stock options and barely any perks. Bc they're everyday problems and competent people can get a job any day of the week.


In simple terms it's getting a blockage in the waste line, and toilets back up into showers. Fairly common stuff that shouldn't be happening anymore.

This is why I miss GAFS, bc the things I set to search may blow up my phone daily but the prices were right and the sellers were businesslike.
 
You could easily find a used RMR type 2 for $300-400 on GAFS any day of the week.

Used gear would be dibs/sold in literal seconds if priced correctly. Was great for budget builds, and trying/retiring parts.
Yup, tho I had to run bots on gafs when I really wanted stuff. Reddit filtering sucked and your inbox/email got filled with garbage.

But when you wanna try a cheapie barrel, part, gas gun optic GAFS was the 💩.

Sucks the tos timing hit now since I was going to load up on cheapie barrels before I gotta pay FFL "handling fees".
 
ok. I sent in a ticket yesterday.
I'm rewriting your login problem and using it as an extra credit exercise for next week.

I work a straight job at a tech company. Got a side gig teaching undergrad cybersecurity and software development at a CSU.

I usually use random problems I see irl as "do this and you'll get fired, this is how to not get fired" or "stuff the mandatory books I give you for free won't teach you, but you're expected to know this during the initial hiring phone screen".
 
Much prefer Tacswap.com nowadays for things such as this. Already quite the community there for posting ads and communicating between buyers/sellers.

Of course the marketplace forum here is good for CA specific firearms that need PPT. Wish it wasn't so limited with number of active posts unfortunately.
Tacswap has a $20 entry fee and $60 PRO plan.

We can move to this if we had a mandatory annual fee. Users wouldn’t be able to combine into one. They charge per listing additional.

Plus honestly, I think we have way more features. Once we get critical mass, we can try that. This site started as CA specifically but the tech is universal and now highly optimized.

IMG_1007.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom