- Messages
- 390
I prefer my ccw gun to be simple and easy to conceal,I can rely on the sights at close range
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
I agree with this 100%. And to add, indoors, reflection and bounce is a very real thing and quiet effective. Turning on a bright light in any direction, ceiling, floor or wall will usually light the room enough to clearly identify whomever you need without actually needing to point it right at them.If this is how you think then you don't understand the concept of spill.
For home I have a handheld light sitting right on the quick access safe. But for CCW, a WML can be nearly as effective by using spill. Plus it allows me to drop the flashlight and use two hands to shoot and still have a light if needed. Spill with a good WML is still effective for 10-15 yards. If I need to point my gun at anyone farther than that just to ID them in the dark, I probably have escape options instead.
So, we should equip ourselves for the very worst case scenario that is very very unlikely to happen?Carrying a gun daily, in itself, is preparing for a very very unlikely scenario. I think most who EDC, would agree that it’s never a bad thing, if possible, to be prepare for the very worse case scenario.
With all due respect, if I held my arms into my sides and pulled a couple of kids in as cover, I, too, could carry a metric ton of stuff.Personally, I carry EVERYTHING. RDS, WML, Handheld Light, Pepper Spray, Folding Knife and extra Mag. I want to take very advantage available to me for the worse case scenario. I carry ALL of these daily in work clothes and my casual attire (as seen in picture). Not baggy and too loose fitting at all and very “gray man” ish. It’s definitely not impractical. You just have to invest in the right equipments.
Maybe try using a shopping cart instead of kids. I think it will hold more and no snotSo, we should equip ourselves for the very worst case scenario that is very very unlikely to happen?
With all due respect, if I held my arms into my sides and pulled a couple of kids in as cover, I, too, could carry a metric ton of stuff.
Wait….What? Who are you and why are you stalking me?Maybe try using a shopping cart instead of kids. I think it will hold more and no snot![]()
Well, K.I.S.S a good mindset. But lets be real. Carrying a gun daily, in itself, is preparing for a very very unlikely scenario. I think most who EDC, would agree that it’s never a bad thing, if possible, to be prepare for the very worse case scenario. That’s why you’ll want to have every tool at your disposal. However, unlikely it would be.
If finance is the issue, a reliable handgun with the extra being invested in training would be the best route. But between an RDS and a WML, I’ll take the WML. Some say a handheld can replace the WML, but there are significant drawback with not having both your hands on your gun.
Personally, I carry EVERYTHING. RDS, WML, Handheld Light, Pepper Spray, Folding Knife and extra Mag. I want to take very advantage available to me for the worse case scenario. I carry ALL of these daily in work clothes and my casual attire (as seen in picture). Not baggy and too loose fitting at all and very “gray man” ish. It’s definitely not impractical. You just have to invest in the right equipments.

Which little light is that?When I posted about gun mounted light I was referring to my home defense handgun. But when out & about at nite here is a pic of the light I normally carry and what the beam looks like @ 20 yards.
Great, ordered, and thanks!Here ya go
speak up librol@Deleted member 11316 - red dots are great for people who can’t shoot
Or for people whose eyesight is bad or going bad. Like me who is blind in one eye and can't see out of the otherI wish they made braille sights.
Ordered one.Here ya go
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!