18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Reloading Economics

How do you catch your brass at an indoor range? I’ve been crying too because I’ve easily shot a few thousand this year and my dad reloads
I sweep after a few sessions into a pile, then into a scooper, then dump it into my bag. Couple hundred per session probably. Then when i get home put them in a large tote of primed nasty brass. Adds up after awhile. Can probably get some deprimed on here for cheap to get started. Hell ill even send you some free.
 
How do you catch your brass at an indoor range? I’ve been crying too because I’ve easily shot a few thousand this year and my dad reloads
After a few mags, I sweep my brass into a small dustpan I bring and then pour them into a big ziplock bag. Sometimes people willingly give me their brass (I usually give them a splatterburst target or two in return). Sometimes people will pack up and leave their mess of brass, so I sweep those up but only if it's not busy. Not exactly sure what the proper etiquette is on that, but I haven't been yelled by staff yet... Haha
 
Back
Top Bottom