18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

S&W Bodyguard 2.0 Non-Comp Quick Range Report

Oh yeah I was confused because I have the BG 2.0 CC with unmodified stock slide. I guess WarLord responded to me but meant to respond to you. :)
Probably.
Well, regular slides are readily available, but barrels are not :) Emailed customer support, fingers crossed I wasn't looking hard enough. bummer
Dammit
 
Got back from the range earlier and put 200 rounds through my no-comp model. My gun is completely stock except for a Galloway Precision guide rod assembly with an OEM spring rate (https://gallowayprecision.com/stain...ly-for-smith-and-wesson-bodyguard-2-0-pistols). I haven't tested it with the stock guide rod so I can't compare the Galloway with the OEM guide rod assembly. My range day was using only the Galloway guide rod.

-All 200 rounds operated flawlessly. Zero failures of any type. Ammunition tested was Federal 95gr FMJ. All magazines ejected freely with no hang ups.

-The safety is stiff, but it's much easier and faster to disengage it than it is to engage it, so the stiff safety has no negative effect for CCW carry i.e. you need to draw and fire quickly to defend yourself the safety will not slow you down whatsoever.

-Getting the 10th round into the magazines is a little stiff at first, but after a few reloads breaks in and gets easier.

-The gun has a small amount of snap to it without a comp, but it's not enough to negatively affect the shootability of the gun. Follow up shots are very fast and accurate.

-This one is mostly for me personally, but the gun is very small and doesn't fit my hands properly in terms of a standard semi auto thumbs forward grip. I found the most comfortable grip for me is to grip it pretty much like a revolver, as weird as that may sound.

-It gets very hot, very fast. Be careful touching the front half of the slide that surrounds the barrel... it gets extremely hot.

-Accuracy seemed absolutely fine for a micro gun. An average shooter will have no problems putting accurate rounds into a man-sized target at 25 yards.

Overall impressions, for CCW use the gun is a 10/10, a must buy, and absolutely worth the price tag. It is fast cycling, reliable, and accurate enough. The Loaded Chamber Indicator works great, doesn't interfere, and is not a bad feature for a CCW gun. The manual thumb safety can be switched off quickly and easily with a downward thumb stroke and has a great amount of tension to it where it's not going to disengage on its own but is still easy enough to disengage with your thumb. If you have a CCW permit, you need this gun.
 
Got back from the range earlier and put 200 rounds through my no-comp model. My gun is completely stock except for a Galloway Precision guide rod assembly with an OEM spring rate (https://gallowayprecision.com/stain...ly-for-smith-and-wesson-bodyguard-2-0-pistols). I haven't tested it with the stock guide rod so I can't compare the Galloway with the OEM guide rod assembly. My range day was using only the Galloway guide rod.

-All 200 rounds operated flawlessly. Zero failures of any type. Ammunition tested was Federal 95gr FMJ. All magazines ejected freely with no hang ups.

-The safety is stiff, but it's much easier and faster to disengage it than it is to engage it, so the stiff safety has no negative effect for CCW carry i.e. you need to draw and fire quickly to defend yourself the safety will not slow you down whatsoever.

-Getting the 10th round into the magazines is a little stiff at first, but after a few reloads breaks in and gets easier.

-The gun has a small amount of snap to it without a comp, but it's not enough to negatively affect the shootability of the gun. Follow up shots are very fast and accurate.

-This one is mostly for me personally, but the gun is very small and doesn't fit my hands properly in terms of a standard semi auto thumbs forward grip. I found the most comfortable grip for me is to grip it pretty much like a revolver, as weird as that may sound.

-It gets very hot, very fast. Be careful touching the front half of the slide that surrounds the barrel... it gets extremely hot.

-Accuracy seemed absolutely fine for a micro gun. An average shooter will have no problems putting accurate rounds into a man-sized target at 25 yards.

Overall impressions, for CCW use the gun is a 10/10, a must buy, and absolutely worth the price tag. It is fast cycling, reliable, and accurate enough. The Loaded Chamber Indicator works great, doesn't interfere, and is not a bad feature for a CCW gun. The manual thumb safety can be switched off quickly and easily with a downward thumb stroke and has a great amount of tension to it where it's not going to disengage on its own but is still easy enough to disengage with your thumb. If you have a CCW permit, you need this gun.
Many praise Pearce pinky extensions for a little more grip
 
Enthused,
Great range report! Thank you for sharing. I'm with you pretty much everything you said, especially around the thumb safety and the BD2.0 being a must-buy for CCW holders.

When I did my live fire qualification, I was able to practice some rapid shooting, double-tap and Mozambique Drill (my range has a 2-second firing cycle rule unless you are a LEO or in a class/qual), and I thought the recoil was very well managed for a tiny pistol. For the qualification including 25 feet, I was able to group within 4 inches vertically and 8 inches horizontally (I blame the dark range + wide rear sight notch combo). For the actual defensive scenarios, which really shouldn't be including 25-foot distance, the BD2.0's accuracy is way more than enough IMHO.

I'm still waiting for a bunch of different defensive ammo to arrive, but I think I'm gonna just go ahead and order the Galloway Precision guide rod assembly as a peace of mind.
 
Got the Gideon Pebble green installed on the Bodyguard 2.0, with the provided T10 screws. 12 inch pounds. Figured some would want to see how it looks.

Thanks to those who helped me with advice for installing the Pebble despite the loose Gideon dovetail. It does somehow tighten up in the channel once the screws are tightened.

Note, removing the rear sight was a snap with rhe MGW Sight Pro and the proper BG 2.0 slide shoe. It takes a fair bit of pressure to break rhe rear sight loose even with this setup. A mini "breaker bar" for leverage would be even better, basically a metal tube that fits around the MGW crank cylinder would offer much more leverage.

By the way, I just noticed that I have the trigger safety versus a thumb safety some talk about. I guess this is good but I didn't know that a thumb safety was an option!

The 3D stand is from ThreeDArmory on Etsy. Avi is awesome. The baseplate is $35 and he includes extra mag inserts for free, so I got one for the BG 2.0, one for the P365 and another for the DWXc. The custom 3d-printed text is included but I got my CZ fan boy logo since that was my first gun and they make my favorite gun as well (TS2 Orange).

The stands are nice for display but really help with initial laser bore sight zeroing.

Some little rubber feet would be good for these stands so they don't scratch surfaces. I ordered some small rubber clear ones online.
 

Attachments

  • 8807.webp
    8807.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 8808.webp
    8808.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Got the Gideon Pebble green installed on the Bodyguard 2.0, with the provided T10 screws. 12 inch pounds. Figured some would want to see how it looks.

Thanks to those who helped me advice for installing the Pebble despite the loose Gideon dovetail. It does somehow tighten up in the channel once the screws are tightened.

Note, removing the rear sight was a snap with rhe MGW Sight Pro and the proper BG 2.0 slide shoe. It takes a fair bit of pressure to break rhe rear sight loose even with this setup. A mini "breaker bar" for leverage would be even better, basically a metal tube fits around the MGW crank cylinder.

By the way, I just noticed that I have the trigger safety versus a thumb safety some talk about. I guess this is good but I didn't know that a thumb safety was an option!

The 3D stand is from ThreeDArmory on Etsy. Avi is awesome. The baseplate is $35 and he includes extra mag inserts for free, so I got one for the BG 2.0, one for the P365 and another for the DWXc. The text is included but I got my CZ fan boy logo since that was my first gun and they make my favorite gun as well (TS2 Orange).
Looks great. I might look into getting pebble as well. Too bad irons don’t cowitness.
Still a few days before pick up, for now got some ammo to try out. Will report once fire some rounds down the range
 
Got the Gideon Pebble green installed on the Bodyguard 2.0, with the provided T10 screws. 12 inch pounds. Figured some would want to see how it looks.

Thanks to those who helped me with advice for installing the Pebble despite the loose Gideon dovetail. It does somehow tighten up in the channel once the screws are tightened.

Note, removing the rear sight was a snap with rhe MGW Sight Pro and the proper BG 2.0 slide shoe. It takes a fair bit of pressure to break rhe rear sight loose even with this setup. A mini "breaker bar" for leverage would be even better, basically a metal tube that fits around the MGW crank cylinder would offer much more leverage.

By the way, I just noticed that I have the trigger safety versus a thumb safety some talk about. I guess this is good but I didn't know that a thumb safety was an option!

The 3D stand is from ThreeDArmory on Etsy. Avi is awesome. The baseplate is $35 and he includes extra mag inserts for free, so I got one for the BG 2.0, one for the P365 and another for the DWXc. The custom 3d-printed text is included but I got my CZ fan boy logo since that was my first gun and they make my favorite gun as well (TS2 Orange).

The stands are nice for display but really help with initial laser bore sight zeroing.

Some little rubber feet would be good for these stands so they don't scratch surfaces. I ordered some small rubber clear ones online.
You have the thumb safety. I don’t believe there is an option for CA model. The tiny sandpaper like toggle near beaver tail below the slide striations.
 
Put 100 rounds through mine today. I’ll echo what I’ve heard, this thing has no right to shoot so good being the tiny size that it is.

It showed up dirtier than I expected, and cycled a little bit rough. I did a basic cleaning and left the slide locked back and the mags full for a couple of days. Also cycled the slide and the safety a hundred times or so, that definitely helps, but the safety wore a hole in my finger. The texture is really good for running the gun, but it’s pretty coarse for constant use.

Today’s goal was break-in, so I was mostly putting rounds downrange, but I’m very happy with the result. Using a half size (12x18”) silhouette at 7 yards, it was easy to hit center mass and head shots were consistent if I slowed down just a little. The sights are good in daylight, might be swapping out for something more visible in darker lighting. At 96 of 100 rounds I had two stovepipes in a row, so it still needs to prove itself reliable, I’ll try to get out again this weekend and put another 100 through it. Gotta get stocked up on.380

Assuming it proves reliable, it’ll be carried a lot, probably replacing my g43 for my primary during the warmer months at the very least.
 
Congratulations on the purchase! I honestly don't know who needs a compensator on a .380 caliber pistol? It’s a silly fad, much like the red dot craze a few years back: people were slapping them on everything, whether it made sense or not. Besides, compensator and ported barrel are really for competitive shooting. For self-defense, the jet of escaping powder gases is extremely dangerous; you could lose your eyesight. Try to find another pistol of the same model and test-fire your hollow-point (HP) ammo through it. Because the way it is now just isn't right.
I wanted the P365-380 flux frame but they are only selling it with that stupid ported slide. The p365-380 is already a 🐙 cat to shoot, no reason to put a flash bang on the end of it.

Dots on everything is also stupid. It’s just an industry throwing 💩 at the wall so everyone keeps buying.
 
picked up BG2.0 CC today and took it straight across driveway to shooting range. Shot 50 rounds each of S&B, blazer, armscor and gold dot. No cleaning, no lubing - straight out of box. Shoot pretty decent for its size, gripping was a bit tough with big paws and I got famous slide bite. All ammo worked, had 2 FTE with armscor and 1 with gold dot. Good be due to the grip and/or no lube. First FTE was on round 120ish.
Outdoor range, targets at 7 yards. Need more practice with this little guy. I have non comped slide barrel on the way, will compare once received
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0962.webp
    IMG_0962.webp
    77.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0963.webp
    IMG_0963.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0964.webp
    IMG_0964.webp
    88.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0965.webp
    IMG_0965.webp
    91.8 KB · Views: 30
Do I understand correctly that the barrels for the CA-compliant model and those for the standard models are identical? The only differences are the slide cut and the addition of a loaded chamber indicator that rises when a round is in the chamber.
 
Do I understand correctly that the barrels for the CA-compliant model and those for the standard models are identical? The only differences are the slide cut and the addition of a loaded chamber indicator that rises when a round is in the chamber.
I'll be able to answer that question in a few days, have non CA non comped slide+barrel on the way
 
picked up BG2.0 CC today and took it straight across driveway to shooting range. Shot 50 rounds each of S&B, blazer, armscor and gold dot. No cleaning, no lubing - straight out of box. Shoot pretty decent for its size, gripping was a bit tough with big paws and I got famous slide bite. All ammo worked, had 2 FTE with armscor and 1 with gold dot. Good be due to the grip and/or no lube. First FTE was on round 120ish.
Outdoor range, targets at 7 yards. Need more practice with this little guy. I have non comped slide barrel on the way, will compare once received
Gnarly blister, was that because you felt you had to grip harder due to the smaller size or was it just so fun you didn't car it was rubbing into you?
 
Gnarly blister, was that because you felt you had to grip harder due to the smaller size or was it just so fun you didn't car it was rubbing into you?
I own a Glock 26 that I’ve never fired, though I’ve shot the Glock 27 a lot... So, there are two things in this thread I don’t get: 1) Why do you all need a compensator for a .380?! 🤦🤷‍♂️ 2) How do you manage to scrape up your hands with such a "toy" caliber and that beaver tail size? 😳
 
Gnarly blister, was that because you felt you had to grip harder due to the smaller size or was it just so fun you didn't car it was rubbing into you?
There is just no room for me to hold it any other way. I saw on ebay 3d printed beavertail insert, quite a few people on Reddit say it fixed the bites. I’ll be ordering one for sure
 
I own a Glock 26 that I’ve never fired, though I’ve shot the Glock 27 a lot... So, there are two things in this thread I don’t get: 1) Why do you all need a compensator for a .380?! 🤦🤷‍♂️ 2) How do you manage to scrape up your hands with such a "toy" caliber and that beaver tail size? 😳
Ask Smith & Wesson why they make a comped version of the BG 2.0. Ask Radian why they make a ramjet and afterhurner for the P365.

Why modify a gun at all? Just use the stock versions for maximum manliness. No optics, no aftermarket grips, no mods, no steel guide rods, no fancy sights...just stock.

No semi-autos or mag-loading tools either...hand-loaded only, after you make your own bullets.

Then ask yourself this, why does anyone need a CCW at all? Learn to fight no matter how athletic and large your opponent might be, and no matter how surprised you might be by a sucker punch or other attack.

And, why should you be surprised at all? Learn situational awareness and put down the phone.
 
Last edited:
I know a shooting range in Sacramento that has them both with and without a compensator. You can rent both right away and compare them. But why overpay $20? If you need a compensator for a .380, what you actually need is plenty of ammo and a good instructor, not a compensator... 😉
 
I know a shooting range in Sacramento that has them both with and without a compensator. You can rent both right away and compare them. But why overpay $20? If you need a compensator for a .380, what you actually need is plenty of ammo and a good instructor, not a compensator... 😉
The comp version has better iron sights and why do you care? How does this affect you?
 
Back
Top Bottom