18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

S&W Bodyguard 2.0 Non-Comp Quick Range Report

A self note on the Federal Punch 85 gr. Since the BG2.0 was right out of box, without a full cleaning (see my original post), and after 100 rounds of FMJ -- still not broken in nor super clean, I will reserve the judgement on it till I go back to the range with now-fully cleaned and lubed state. I'll be reporting back on this as well as other ammo when I have a chance.
 
Well, a Glock can be used right out of the box; the manufacturer doesn't require you to strip off the factory-applied lubricant or add more. That’s information from an acquaintance who is an engineer and used to work at the Glock factory. The only guns that might suffer from the residue left by 100 rounds are some delicate .22 LR pistols.
 
I really didn't have "Micro 9" of modern era before this. I have G26 and P2000SK in the realm of subcompact, but man they are huge (and heavy) compared to BG2.0. I honestly don't know if I will daily-carry anything other than the BG2.0 once I get it on the permit. I'll likely make a case for the P2000SK with +P penetrator rounds as camping/backcountry wildlife defense as the HK is probably slightly more robust against hot rounds over Glock. I love my G26 and it's not going anywhere, but I'm not kidding when I say my brain gets tricked into thinking I'm holding my G30SF after handling the BG2.0.

To put it to perspective, with both G26 and BG2.0 fully loaded (10+1), BG2.0 is roughly 43% lighter than G26 (based on my own weighing), which is quite mind boggling.
 
Last edited:
Well, a Glock can be used right out of the box; the manufacturer doesn't require you to strip off the factory-applied lubricant or add more. That’s information from an acquaintance who is an engineer and used to work at the Glock factory. The only guns that might suffer from the residue left by 100 rounds are some delicate .22 LR pistols.
I hear ya. We'll see. Interestingly, when my Glock 26 was brand-new, I had a bunch of feeding issues with 115 grain training rounds. After breaking in with 124 grain rounds, that completely went away and it's trouble-free now regardless of grain figure. I was told the smaller G26 has a stiffer recoil spring that needs a break-in more than the larger models, with a full 124g rounds. The story pretty much checked out with my own experience. It's not that I can easily find another BG2.0 and test the exact same situation to compare against, but frankly I'm not too worried.

Again, I'll be reporting back after another range day and also trying out other defensive rounds.
 
Now, the biggest CON of BG2.0 is that all of my other guns feel HUGE after this. My current EDC G26 now feels like the first time I held the G30 (CHONKY).

Funny story with my range trip, I brought the BG 2.0 and my G29. I’m going to add on both for my CCW so was getting some practice in. Going back and forth between the two was an interesting challenge and the G29 started feeling bigger with each swap. :p
 
Funny story with my range trip, I brought the BG 2.0 and my G29. I’m going to add on both for my CCW so was getting some practice in. Going back and forth between the two was an interesting challenge and the G29 started feeling bigger with each swap. :p
That's quite a duo. The G29 is a little hand cannon. Although when I take my BG 2.0 to the range next Monday I'm also bringing my 6.5" Model 29 out also 😄
 
For fun, here are my two Wessons together. Basically the BG2.0 fits within the negative space of a full-size 1911. 🤣
 

Attachments

  • wessons.webp
    wessons.webp
    96.4 KB · Views: 46
Did another 160 rounds of FMJ on the BG2.0 for practice + qual. Passed the qual with 250/250 score. I have some defensive rounds on order. I'll go back to the range when I have them, and I'll be sure to report back on its diet preferences.
 
Got my BG 2.0 Carry Comp a week ago. My LCP got sold the next day...

Nothing compares to this little gun. I'm sure a non-comp version is in my future.
 
Back
Top Bottom