18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

SIG P320s ridiculous resale prices after the latest ND fatality

While I am a SIG dealer if there was some actual factual evidence of a problem with the P320 it 100% needs to be brought forth for the whole world to see but until then youtubers and the like just spin things in their favor for views/ clicks

While this latest incident is tragic we do not have all of the evidence yet but some find it very easy to draw conclusions.

With you being a dealer, I feel your pain in the 320 predicament. Hopefully Sig will do more about this than just dig and sit in their 'denial foxhole'. Their experiences in court over this have been mixed with at least one court finding them negligent even after Sig got the punitive damages overturned in that case, the verdict and compensatory damages remained intact. The amount of money doesn't matter as much as the precedent.

I guess you are personally faced with the choice of whether you figuratively prosper / live / die as a dealer:

1. You could join Sig in their 'denial foxhole' and hope this all blows over. Which sends a message to your customers that you are not as customer oriented as you are vendor oriented, i.e. more loyalty to Sig than your customers.

All the while believing you are immune from liability if one of your customers is injured by a defective weapon (You would be immune from liability if a weapon you sold were used in the commission of a crime but not immune from civil liability if you knowingly sell a weapon that is potentially defective and someone is killed or injured as a result of that defect.) Not only could Sig be sued successfully but you and your business could be sued for liability as well. Keep in mind, your insurance company MIGHT defend you for such wanton or willful negligence and they might not, also if you lose, the odds are they will not pay the award because the negligence was willful or wanton.

2. You could immediately suspend sales of the P320 and it's variants until this is all put to bed. Telling your customers that there is just too much controversy about the safety of the weapon and that you don't want any of your customers to get hurt. Sell them one of the many other fine Sig products instead. This attitude would earn you my customer loyalty.

3. In addition to suspending the sales of the weapon itself, you could adopt the position of discouraging your customers from buying any additional upgrades or 320 specific accessories until this is resolved. Explaining that they might get stuck with a lot of enhancements and no safe weapon to use them with. This would be a very admirable position and would certainly earn not only customer loyalty but also rave recommendations. Not only are you concerned with my safety but my financial health as well.

I'm not sure it's wise to die on the Sig Sauer hill. Just some food for thought.
 
Yup, i have a friend or two who are no longer using their 320s and are just holding out waiting for Sig to issue an exchange offer. I wouldn't hold their breathe though. I think the CEO would rather bankrupt the company.
I'm hoping they dump, I want to build a 320 range toy, but need a FCU on the cheap.
 
On the cheap and for the range, I’d have no qualms with an X10 but no other variant interests me. Just another striker fired pistol.
 
That is quite a reaction to a few simple classified ads.

Crying about prices in a marketplace is like complaining about the weather. It has no value, or effect at all. Were you expecting to effect change?

There is value in observing price behaviors. When you observe them rather than respond with emotion, you can learn something. And usually one of the important lessons is what every market professional knows very well. There is a reason why prices behave the way they do. And if you don't understand why they are behaving the way they are, then that means there is something you are completely clueless about.
That is quite true. The buyers and sellers set a market. Its easy to spot things we don't think are worth the price people advertise in any product.

I'm sure we've all seen a skanky lookin woman trying to make a living on the street. Personally, I don't bother to tell them all the reasons they couldn't even pay me to touch them. And yeah, safety is one of them! LoL


I’d rather buy a new p220 or 226 over a 320.
Ha, got some of each! But I gotta say, 1911s are more fun than any striker. And since the 320 doesn't come in 45ACP, they're just a range toys anyway. LMAO
 
While I am a SIG dealer if there was some actual factual evidence of a problem with the P320 it 100% needs to be brought forth for the whole world to see but until then youtubers and the like just spin things in their favor for views/ clicks

While this latest incident is tragic we do not have all of the evidence yet but some find it very easy to draw conclusions.
Yeah, the reporting on this latest incident has been very vague. No details on exactly how the discharged happened.

It is important to understand the frequency of these events in the context of the number of 320 "handelings" happen every 24 hours, and compare that with other firearms and each of their record of UDs. Personally, I don't know the statistics. Have there been this % of incidents with other pistols? The publicity around these incidents is high. Was the news always this "vigilant" in reporting failures of weapons? Or is it clear that the 320 is an outlier in the statistics of UDs?
 
That is quite true. The buyers and sellers set a market. Its easy to spot things we don't think are worth the price people advertise in any product.

I'm sure we've all seen a skanky lookin woman trying to make a living on the street. Personally, I don't bother to tell them all the reasons they couldn't even pay me to touch them. And yeah, safety is one of them! LoL



Ha, got some of each! But I gotta say, 1911s are more fun than any striker. And since the 320 doesn't come in 45ACP, they're just a range toys anyway. LMAO
Yeh I only had one handgun for years my colt commander and its a very good shooting gun. Accurate and reliable. Got a g20 10 years ago but for camping. The. Couple years ago a canik tp9 which I will say shoots very good but the 1911 is still a favorite.

Wouldn’t mind a classic sig though
 
I just had my P226 MK25 out at the range with me last Monday. Really solid and soft shooting guns that I would recommend to anyone.
Yup, even in the "dead" caliber of 40 SW the 226 is a smooth shooter. 220s are pretty nice too.

Oh, but that DA/SA action...Its just terrible to have the first pull be different than subsequent pulls. And if you drop a 226 on cement with the hammer back it might go off, so its really not that safe. LoL
 
With you being a dealer, I feel your pain in the 320 predicament. Hopefully Sig will do more about this than just dig and sit in their 'denial foxhole'. Their experiences in court over this have been mixed with at least one court finding them negligent even after Sig got the punitive damages overturned in that case, the verdict and compensatory damages remained intact. The amount of money doesn't matter as much as the precedent.

I guess you are personally faced with the choice of whether you figuratively prosper / live / die as a dealer:

1. You could join Sig in their 'denial foxhole' and hope this all blows over. Which sends a message to your customers that you are not as customer oriented as you are vendor oriented, i.e. more loyalty to Sig than your customers.

All the while believing you are immune from liability if one of your customers is injured by a defective weapon (You would be immune from liability if a weapon you sold were used in the commission of a crime but not immune from civil liability if you knowingly sell a weapon that is potentially defective and someone is killed or injured as a result of that defect.) Not only could Sig be sued successfully but you and your business could be sued for liability as well. Keep in mind, your insurance company MIGHT defend you for such wanton or willful negligence and they might not, also if you lose, the odds are they will not pay the award because the negligence was willful or wanton.

2. You could immediately suspend sales of the P320 and it's variants until this is all put to bed. Telling your customers that there is just too much controversy about the safety of the weapon and that you don't want any of your customers to get hurt. Sell them one of the many other fine Sig products instead. This attitude would earn you my customer loyalty.

3. In addition to suspending the sales of the weapon itself, you could adopt the position of discouraging your customers from buying any additional upgrades or 320 specific accessories until this is resolved. Explaining that they might get stuck with a lot of enhancements and no safe weapon to use them with. This would be a very admirable position and would certainly earn not only customer loyalty but also rave recommendations. Not only are you concerned with my safety but my financial health as well.

I'm not sure it's wise to die on the Sig Sauer hill. Just some food for thought.

Like I said before I would like some factual evidence (if there is any) of what is wrong with the P320 to come out. I am not defending SIG in any manner however there has yet to be any factual proven evidence of what is causing this to happen. Until that happens again it is all hearsay and tons of spinning and emotional based youtube and internet drama.
 
Like I said before I would like some factual evidence (if there is any) of what is wrong with the P320 to come out. I am not defending SIG in any manner however there has yet to be any factual proven evidence of what is causing this to happen. Until that happens again it is all hearsay and tons of spinning and emotional based youtube and internet drama.
I wonder if CA could be sued for the 320s on the CA DOJ Roster because their own penal code says "Not Unsafe"..doesn't that mean they are taking on the liability to ensure CA Residents are safe and if there is a flaw to be found they (CA tax payers) become liable? Any if they allow the pistol to remain on the roster they are endorsing the safety of that firearm?
 
I wonder if CA could be sued for the 320s on the CA DOJ Roster because their own penal code says "Not Unsafe"..doesn't that mean they are taking on the liability to ensure CA Residents are safe and if there is a flaw to be found they (CA tax payers) become liable? Any if they allow the pistol to remain on the roster they are endorsing the safety of that firearm?
It probably goes to show the “validity” of the so called “safety test” that are 99.99% never conducted by CADOJ.

An extortion fee is levied on manufactures, then they can sell their product in one of the largest markets in the world. Corruption at its finest.
 
It probably goes to show the “validity” of the so called “safety test” that are 99.99% never conducted by CADOJ.

An extortion fee is levied on manufactures, then they can sell their product in one of the largest markets in the world. Corruption at its finest.
I don't think CA DOJ ever did the tests, but there were 1 or 2 3rd party labs that CA accepts the results from. Not sure if @2azone could comment since they went through the process to get items on the roster and actually know the process.
 
It goes without question that the vast majority of people who are defending the P320 are those who are making money off of their products. Even if the evidence is anecdotal, how many NDs do we need to see on video, or hear accounts of before it can't be ignored. Sig generates a lot of business and creates a lot of jobs in America. I hope they pull out of this, but at the same time, I would prefer not to RO for someone who is shooting a P320. I'm glad that most of the SoCal USPSA clubs have banned them.

Sig Sauer has become the Anthony Fauci of the firearms world. They continue to tell everyone that their product is safe and effective, even though it clearly is not. Sig Sauer and those making money from their products are now the ones telling everyone, "Trust the science." And just like the vaccines, eventually, it will come to light that yes, there is a problem with the P320.
Glock, as well as Smith and Wesson went through the same thing.
Glock had to make a special version for the NYPD because they were having so many ND's.
Look at LASD when they switched to the M&P they had a huge spike in ND's and did a investigation
To this date there are hundreds if not thousands of ND's every year with striker fired guns all across the county.

What is different with the P320. It was the #1 selling gun in the US...
what does that do? Brings more fanboyism on both sides.

If the "trust the science" shows us there is a mechanical failure in the P320 then we ALL need to know.

A simple google of "Gun goes off in holster" brings you tons of stuff and guess what not all P320's...
 
I wonder if CA could be sued for the 320s on the CA DOJ Roster because their own penal code says "Not Unsafe"..doesn't that mean they are taking on the liability to ensure CA Residents are safe and if there is a flaw to be found they (CA tax payers) become liable? Any if they allow the pistol to remain on the roster they are endorsing the safety of that firearm?
Excellent point! Time to put the CA AG's feet to the fire! Maybe we should bring this up to the firearms policy coalition?! Maybe this can be grounds to nullify that stupid roster once and for all!
 
I have an off-roster P320 that is also listed on my CCW. Prior to all of these ND(s), I've never carried it as was heavier than my G19.3. Now with all of the ND(s) cases, I'm definitely not carrying it.

Unfortunately, I've put a lot of money into tricking the thing out and will most likely never recuperate the cost(s) even if I were to sell it. I think I'll hang on to it; it's a fun piece to shoot, but I wouldn't trust it AIWB or anywhere else on my person....
 
I'm surprised there are no class action lawsuits yet? Is that something that can be done?
Yes, there could be a class action lawsuit with the class being owners who have suffered damages / injuries. However, class action suits usually make more money for the law firms than for individual members of the class.
 
Excellent point! Time to put the CA AG's feet to the fire! Maybe we should bring this up to the firearms policy coalition?! Maybe this can be grounds to nullify that stupid roster once and for all!
The state is typically immune to such actions.
 
Back
Top Bottom