- Messages
- 198
I'm surprised there are no class action lawsuits yet? Is that something that can be done?
What class? P320 owners, nor anyone, cannot sue because they simply saw on the news that a gun "might" go off by itself.
Last edited:
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
I'm surprised there are no class action lawsuits yet? Is that something that can be done?
I guess I am not sure what your definition of "factual evidence" is. There is more than enough empirical evidence to justify declaring this model of weapon to be unsafe even when used and maintained properly.Like I said before I would like some factual evidence (if there is any) of what is wrong with the P320 to come out. I am not defending SIG in any manner however there has yet to be any factual proven evidence of what is causing this to happen. Until that happens again it is all hearsay and tons of spinning and emotional based youtube and internet drama.
Crazy take but Im going to have to agree with "USMCRET06". I could see a lawsuit arising from this situation.
NYPD and LAPD had many negligent discharges because of improper training when transitioning from the DA/SA pistols to striker fire Glocks or M&Ps. In lieu of properly training their officers on striker fire pistol operation, NYPD chose to have their pistols shipped with extra heavy triggers to avoid all the NDs that they foresaw happening. These NDs, however, had nothing to do with the mechanical function of the pistol -- it was all operator error.Glock, as well as Smith and Wesson went through the same thing.
Glock had to make a special version for the NYPD because they were having so many ND's.
Look at LASD when they switched to the M&P they had a huge spike in ND's and did a investigation
To this date there are hundreds if not thousands of ND's every year with striker fired guns all across the county.
What is different with the P320. It was the #1 selling gun in the US...
what does that do? Brings more fanboyism on both sides.
If the "trust the science" shows us there is a mechanical failure in the P320 then we ALL need to know.
A simple google of "Gun goes off in holster" brings you tons of stuff and guess what not all P320's...
Some of the views in this thread and a couple of others on the forum is deplorable. But there's really just only a few of you that keep perpetuating your messages over and over.
You sound like the anti-guns... "These Guns kill people!!" ... Pathetic.
If you do not own a P320, think before you open your mouth. Your whining and crying is just adding to the enemy's reasons to take guns away from all of us.
Trying to destroy SIG when you don't even have any skin in the game is the act of a 2A Traitor.
Leave it to those people who will fight fairly based on FACTS, not EMOTIONS and stop perpetuating the mass hysteria when you have nothing to do with it.
I guess I am not sure what your definition of "factual evidence" is. There is more than enough empirical evidence to justify declaring this model of weapon to be unsafe even when used and maintained properly.
The FBI's Ballistics Research Facility (BRF) findings, just one of which was: 'BRF's testing indicated that the striker safety lock could be disabled through movement and friction, creating a scenario where a discharge could occur if the sear engagement is lost', the numerous law enforcement agencies which have deemed the weapon unsafe and the jury findings, there is more than enough empirical evidence and impeach and convict the weapon.
It seems you completely ignored my point and request. Not sure why I should afford you any more courtesy than you afford me. As for "my dear", please, you would have to at least buy me dinner before using such terms of endearment, you'd also have to be female.I don't post or make references to "politics" every SINGLE post. It gets old and stale quick my dear. There's a time for politics not all the time. Do you understand?
And police departments across the country still have hundreds if not thousands of NDs a year from many different gunsNYPD and LAPD had many negligent discharges because of improper training when transitioning from the DA/SA pistols to striker fire Glocks or M&Ps. In lieu of properly training their officers on striker fire pistol operation, NYPD chose to have their pistols shipped with extra heavy triggers to avoid all the NDs that they foresaw happening. These NDs, however, had nothing to do with the mechanical function of the pistol -- it was all operator error.
LAPD is another very large agency that switched from a Beretta to Glock in the early 2000s. They had a very strict striker fire transition course where you had to pass not just a (very easy) marksmanship course, but also a striker-fire manipulation test. LAPD did not have nearly the same number of NDs as the two other agencies. Either way, this still had nothing to do with the pistol itself. There was a time, however, when LAPD had issues with some of the privately purchased Glock 21s that coppers were using. Some of the pistols were getting light strikes. Glock acknowledged the issue, and officers were required to take their Glock 21 to the armory to be retrofit.
The P320 isn't even that great. In the end, it's just a hunk of plastic and metal. Nobody is insulting anybodies wife here. Unless you have some type of financial incentive, why would anyone feel the need to get all emotional and defend the honor of the otherwise average shooting pistol?
That was not what they concluded....
They said that it may be possible that it could be disabled but were not able to get it to fail or recreate it.
That FBI report was only able to caure a failure after modifying several parts until failure which if you read the report and not just watch sensational yourubers commentary and cherry picking you would be able to see that as well.

Heh, heh, heh..... no vested or financial interests in this prayer.......Amen!!
And police departments across the country still have hindreds if not thousands of NDs a year from many different guns
In a previous post, I erroneously stated "NDs", when I meant "AD" or "UD". We are talking about two different things. Yes, police departments everywhere have NDs, but only police departments who issue the P320 have UDs.And police departments across the country still have hindreds if not thousands of NDs a year from many different guns
I did own a P320. I liked it so much I sold it. I still own and carry a P365 and I love it. Whining and crying about a company that produces an unsafe product does not harm the industry. Producing an unsafe product and not taking responsibility does. Sig produces a firearm that goes off when holstered, and somehow we are harming the firearms industry? Nope. And yes, in this case, these gun do kill people -- or at least put holes in their legs.Some of the views in this thread and a couple of others on the forum is deplorable. But there's really just only a few of you that keep perpetuating your messages over and over.
You sound like the anti-guns... "These Guns kill people!!" ... Pathetic.
If you do not own a P320, think before you open your mouth. Your whining and crying is just adding to the enemy's reasons to take guns away from all of us.
Trying to destroy SIG when you don't even have any skin in the game is the act of a 2A Traitor.
Leave it to those people who will fight fairly based on FACTS, not EMOTIONS and stop perpetuating the mass hysteria when you have nothing to do with it.
Call it what you want to call it but its the truth.The above type of comment is commonly referred to as "gaslighting".
I am not a exclusive SIG dealer. I sell Glock, HK, S&W and tons of other brands as well.In a previous post, I erroneously stated "NDs", when I meant "AD" or "UD". We are talking about two different things. Yes, police departments everywhere have NDs, but only police departments who issue the P320 have UDs.
If you were a Walther dealer, would you still fight so hard for Sig?
The videos seem pretty convincing. But I digress. There's nothing I have to offer that hasn't been said a zillion times already, and I'm not articulate enough to get a Sig dealer to admit that the P320 is unsafe.I am not a exclusive SIG dealer. I sell Glock, HK, S&W and tons of other brands as well.
It just so happens that SIG makes 2 (P365 and P320) of the best selling guns currently.
Ive said it before and will lean back on what I said we need to see FACTS and EVIDENCE of at problem.
This isn't a complicated design at all and if it were having failures then we would be able to repeat those failures in a experiment.
Tons of videos of guns going off in holsers not all p320sThe videos seem pretty convincing. But I digress. There's nothing I have to offer that hasn't been said a zillion times already, and I'm not articulate enough to get a Sig dealer to admit that the P320 is unsafe.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!