18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

SIG P320s ridiculous resale prices after the latest ND fatality

I see them all over, though not nearly as common as 15 or so years ago. Gas stations, town corners, local small gun shops. Back when you could C&R legally easier anywhere in the country, I'd always check bulletin boards at small town gas stations when travelling. Found some great deals and cool stuff that way. Doubt you'll find them in cities, but I stay very rural. I'm allergic to concrete.
 
In today's day and age, what other options are there for selling if not online? Consignment? Pawn shops?
Association with other gun enthusiasts has worked for me. Network. I have repeat buyers that keep coming back and buying multiple firearms from me. They don’t waste their time at gun shops. Gun shops don’t have what I have. The restrictions in CA take gun shops out of the market I fill a niche for.

Selling online is good for common low to median priced guns, I don’t deal with or try to sell those types of guns. If I did then the internet is probably the best bet in those instance. Look at forum classifieds, they are chalked full of run of the mill median priced firearms that just sit for weeks and months. There are very few higher end highly desirable items listed. That’s not to say I am to good for those median and even lower end guns, I have plenty of them and I enjoy them. I just don’t try and sell them, as it is not worth the effort. And, as I previously stated, I am not a salesman, honesty will do that. I only sell guns that sell themselves, to people with means. I am not trying to sell things to people with no money, that is a complete waste of time.

Consignments and Pawn Shops are horrible for any kind of return. Consignments and Pawn Shops are for the desperate in need of cash, as such, expect a next to nothing return with this route. People who pawn and even consign are prey.
 
Dank, dark, smoky bar in “Shelltown” where the windows are painted black and the building has graffiti on it.

Poster said it only has two bodies on it and the safeties never work.

Sounds more like the kind of place where some guy comes up to you, wearing a trench coat, saying "hey buddy, wanna buy a gun?"
 
Dank, dark, smoky bar in “Shelltown” where the windows are painted black and the building has graffiti on it.

Poster said it only has two bodies on it and the safeties never work.
Speaking of selling stuff, are you still selling the Tango scope you advertised recently?
 
I’d rather buy a new p220 or 226 over a 320.
All day. Every day.

The German Made P220 and P226 are 2 of the greatest DA/SA manufactured pistols in firearms history. Pistols of their quality are no longer the standard in today’s market.
 
Yup, even in the "dead" caliber of 40 SW the 226 is a smooth shooter. 220s are pretty nice too.

Oh, but that DA/SA action...Its just terrible to have the first pull be different than subsequent pulls. And if you drop a 226 on cement with the hammer back it might go off, so its really not that safe. LoL
DA first pull is actually a great feature once you learn how to roll the hammer. Immediately getting on the trigger out of the holster, potentially under great stress, is a plus.

In all honesty if you train to it you won’t be phased by the transition (DA to SA) in trigger pulls. De-cocking the pistol before returning to the ready or re-holstering also can be of value.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom