18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Pics Smith & Wesson Photo Thread

Here is my "Space Plinker"
617-10. 4" ten shot. Full TK CUSTOM kit installed. Not my oldest, fanciest, or even favorite. But, so much fun to shoot
 

Attachments

  • 1000003169.jpg
    1000003169.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 1000003167.jpg
    1000003167.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 1000003168.jpg
    1000003168.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 21
One of my favorite 1911's that I own. Like it more than my Wilson Combat.

View attachment 17727

Had one and sold it, kicking myself now. I didn't need the money and dang that was a nice gun. The trigger was as good from the factory as any 1911 trigger I've ever felt. Mine had the orange grips on it, but I think I had a set like that too that I let go with the gun.
 
Here is my "Space Plinker"
617-10. 4" ten shot. Full TK CUSTOM kit installed. Not my oldest, fanciest, or even favorite. But, so much fun to shoot
I just had a 22mag cylinder fitted for mine. It’s a tack driver. Never thought to fit optics on it though. I have all the parts and a Lupold red dot sitting around….. I might have to make that happen.
 
Adding another Smith to the collection. Just put a 629 in jail on Thursday, and yes, it's the $600 one from PSA after the $150 rebate. At that price, I'd be crazy not to buy it

1731823191988.png
 
I've never been big on engraved guns, and of engraving, as most of the time it makes a gun look cheap - even if hand done. I can respect the craftsmanship, it just looks out of place on a weapon. I hate all the flowery/leafy ornate nonsense, even worse was a lot of the cartoonish garbage called 'engraving' that Smith & Wesson started unleashing in the 1970s. However, coming across this Altmamont Tri-Weave rendition 629-6, I just had to have it. It's exactly the kinds of classy, uniquely styled in respect of the firearm, with an all-business and subdued uniformity attitude in engraving that appeals to me.

MhF368Fl.jpg


OpM9rhAl.jpg


---
 
More from the Smith & Wesson menagerie; some 'fabulous fifties'....

3 relatively rare Chief Special 'Target' models - 2 'Model 50s' along with an early model 50 precursor, still rollmarked as a Model 36. Just look at that wishful thinking front sight.

9ykavxNl.jpg


1025kr4l.jpg



Speaking of '50s' - here's one of the nicest 'Model of 1950' Target Pre-24 examples you'll ever lay eyes on in the lovely to shoot 44-Special (manufactured circa 1954).

TETV4NIl.jpg


AacGsq9l.jpg



And then, a 50 year old Smith & Wesson Model 27-2 in the scarce 5" barrel variant - also not too shabby.

r2zZAkEl.jpg


SM62JeSl.jpg



Last but not least, a Smith & Wesson Model 41 with 7-3/8ths inch barrel that's 'pushing' 50:



e6HWJLdl.jpg



ZaETM1Fl.jpg




---
 
Last edited:
Nice set!

Howdy Pardener! :D
Thanks!

The fullsize is a 1.0 with nearly a full overhaul. I added a fitted match grade storm lake 9mm barrel from Grant at G&R Tactical, full APEX guts (DCAEK, failure resistant extractor, ultimate striker block), deleted magazine disconnect and a Taran Tactical magazine well. Dawson precision front sight height matched to 10-8 glock suppressor height rear sight, and obviously the Holosun. Had it milled by Doug at ATEi.

The 2.0 Compact is bone stock except the suppressor height sights and the Holosun. It was milled by Jagerwerks.

The Shield has all Apex guts, Ameriglo CAP sights and the Holosun. It was milled by NC Engravers, who were by far the best. They had it milled, cerakoted and back in the mail to me inside of 24 hours.
 
I’m always perplexed with S&W pistols other than revolvers.
I’m a sucker for S&W revolvers, but even here I set myself a limit now.
625 -2 “Model of 1988” roll marked on the barrel.
65 -5 “Lady Smith”

I’m trying to snap some nice pics hopefully soon.
 
640/1 PRO series…. with no barrel rifling/unfinished barrel…. Smith & Wesson messing up… (my pics but not my wheely)
Did you actually fire this gun? It would be an interesting exercise to see what would actually happen before it was sent back. The fact that the dealer didn’t notice it at first is telling as well.
 
Back
Top Bottom