18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Pics Smith & Wesson Photo Thread

Sweet Smiths boys, S&W for the win!

Here’s my M&P 2.0 with the complete Ed Brown slide
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3157.jpeg
    IMG_3157.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 33
This picture is out of date now but here is some of the S&W wheel gun family

Smith-and-Wesson-Family-11-2023.jpg
Nice collection 🤗
 
4505.jpg
Here is one of only 200 made. 4505 with adjustable sight, I like metal S&W pistols.
 
My 686-5 pre lock 7 shot
How do you determine the value o theses?
I tried looking online and prices are all over the place for older revolver.
 

Attachments

  • 20241110_073224.jpg
    20241110_073224.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20241110_073334.jpg
    20241110_073334.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 11
I can't compete with damngato, but I have a few...

1951 (I think) 17 no-dash.

Model 17.jpg

686 no-dash

686-.jpeg

586 no-dash in factory nickel.

586.jpg
 
A few more. 6" model 27-3, beautiful example purchased in CA with the display case and all the tools. One year after the pinned and recessed models but a gorgeous wheelie nonetheless. Such smooth operation and what a trigger!

Resized_20241110_123354_1731260321691.jpeg

Here's sort of a unicorn, I think it's a 22 LR model 34 flat latch. It does not have the model number on it so pre 34? Aluminum.

Resized_20241110_123530_1731260161461.jpeg

And my only non-revolver S&W handgun, a 1978 example of the wonderful model 41 - 7" variety.

Resized_20241110_123221_1731260322795.jpeg
 
I can't compete with damngato, but I have a few...

1951 (I think) 17 no-dash.

View attachment 16759

That model 17 is a beut, considering is was typically a 'shooters' gun. It's condition is rare for what it is. The K-22 Target (17) almost always have substantial wear because they were the kind of model, caliber, and price that people bought it to shoot the hell out of them at the range as target guns, used them, threw them under the truck seat, in the tackle box, kept on the boat, often shot at cans in rural areas in the backyard when bored, etc.

You often find Model 29s in that shape because people bought it wanting 'Dirty Harry's' gun - shot it once, it scared the crap out of them - and then they stuck back on the top closet shelf for the next 50 years.

Very nice indeed, thanks for sharing!

---
 
That model 17 is a beaut, considering is was typically a 'shooters' gun. It's condition is rare for what it is. The K-22 Target (17) almost always have substantial wear because they were the kind of model, caliber, and price that people bought it to shoot the hell out of them at the range as target guns, used them, threw them under the truck seat, in the tackle box, kept on the boat, often shot at cans in rural areas in the backyard when bored, etc.

You often find Model 29s in that shape because people bought it wanting 'Dirty Harry's' gun - shot it once, it scared the crap out of them - and then they stuck back on the top closet shelf for the next 50 years.

Very nice indeed, thanks for sharing!

---

Thanks Gleam, I honestly can't tell if it's ever been shot. I'd love to but I have other 22's that can fill that role. That other little 22 I posted was what was considered to be a "kit gun" I think right? That one is a lightweight model (model 43, not 34) and it's in great condition for it's age as well but obviously been shot, so I do. It's fantastic, who doesn't love a good 22 revolver? These were perfect for the tackle box or backpack and also for teaching kids (and adults) how to shoot a revolver. IT IS DIFFICULT to shoot a double action revolver well, even a 22, and most non-gun people never realized the skill it takes to be consistently accurate with a revolver using the full stroke. TV always made it look like you could pick off a bad guy running on a refinery catwalk from 80 yards away one-handed. :ROFLMAO:

That 17 is a much nicer gun, truly a gem in my collection, I appreciate the love!
 
Last edited:
Here's some pics of an extremely rare S&W 586 owned by a friend.
It's a Brazilian contract S&W 586 chambered in .38 Special. My understanding is that only a few hundred each were made in several barrel lengths.









 
Just picked up a model 16-4 in .32mag. 6” Factory target. Complete with the box paperwork factory site adjustment tool and cleaning kit in the original plastic bag. These were only manufactured from 1990 until 1993. This is a 1990 model.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2780.jpeg
    IMG_2780.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 14
Nice find ;)
Thanks! It was total luck. I was just chatting with an older guy at my gunsmith and mentioned I was looking for a 32mag. I’ve heard rumor that these existed, but I have never seen one in person and never imagined I would find one in CA. It has about 40 rounds through it and just enough of a turn line that I don’t feel bad about shooting it. Otherwise it’s immaculate. Total barn find.
 
Thanks! It was total luck. I was just chatting with an older guy at my gunsmith and mentioned I was looking for a 32mag. I’ve heard rumor that these existed, but I have never seen one in person and never imagined I would find one in CA. It has about 40 rounds through it and just enough of a turn line that I don’t feel bad about shooting it. Otherwise it’s immaculate. Total barn find.

Honestly I have never heard of it, I love stuff like that. I did have on online friend asking me a few months ago to keep my eye out for a Marlin 32 magnum lever rifle, I never knew anything about that either... That's NOT a .327 right?

EDIT: 5 minutes of research on my part... absolutely not a .327
 
It’s an oddball that’s for sure. From what I can find only 8800 were ever made.
30 h&r magnum is a precursor to .327 federal mag. What’s cool is the whole .32 family is backwards compatible. So a 32 mag can shoot 32 long and short and 327 can shoot 32 mag, long and short. In a pinch you can also shoot 32acp, a semi rimmed cartridge, but it’s not ideal and you will probably have ejection issues.

Some people do ream these 16-4s out to fit the 327 federal cartridge but this one is too clean to modify like that. Pressure isn’t an issue. K frames like this can handle 357 mag.
 
I think I found my thread 😎
Will post some pics later.
I got into older S&W wheel guns really had about 6 years ago. Now I live in my van, down by the river with no regrets
 
One of my favorite 1911's that I own. Like it more than my Wilson Combat.

S&W 1911.jpg
 
Last edited:
I think I found my thread 😎
Will post some pics later.
I got into older S&W wheel guns really had about 6 years ago. Now I live in my van, down by the river with no regrets
I collect vans too. I actually do 4x4 conversions on them as a hobby. 🚐 🤣
 
Back
Top Bottom