18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Stacatto P4 made the roster

You might want to wait til you can google how to do it then. Let’s get the firearm out here to CA on Roster as a first step. The MD will resolve itself and doubt you can find a manufacturer that will provide instructions or mention how to defeat the “safety device” they installed as a requirement if CA on Google. Your only other option is PPT, but you have options, just need to be patient. From my understanding they aren’t even here yet. Zoom your perspective out a little.

I’m seeing a lot of new additions and manufacturers lately. Let’s also help @kmoros to help with his push for CA. 😉

We’re seeing a lot of change in the space. Staccato finally coming to CA is a big step. Canik also with their billboards. Rost Martin as well. The CA 2A community is a pretty strong one all things considered.

I’m stoked to see the community ecosystem growing here and in CA in general. I think there’s renewed energy and interest.
Im honestly blown away there is any negativity about these hitting the roster. Folks just want something to complain about I guess.
 
Considering Rost Martin won’t sell the performance trigger to CA because it removes the mag disco you gotta wonder if that’s something the lawyers told them not to do. Along the same line of thinking it’s probably a safer move not to disclose how to make the guns “unsafe” to the public.

Back to the gun itself, has anyone shot it and can give some feedback?
Shot it side by side with a an Athena, my P, and my S2C. I did not experience the “hot spot” that some have noted and I think that is just grip technique as best as I could tell, I have pretty large hands if that helps paint any picture for it. I prefer the grip feel of the HD to my P (Im not a grip safety fan). The trigger is not 2011 good, and why would it be since its a different trigger, but it is still really good. The biggest difference I felt was that the 2011 reset is more forceful/pronounced. I do not have much range tume with my CZ S2C yet, but I was able to match my split times of the S2C with the HD. In short, its still extremely fast and Id bet the house most people, myself included, cant push this thing beyond any boundary. I used the factory mags and had no issues (I shot maybe 200, but for the day it was 600-700). I did see one fail to feed with a Glock mag, and no issues with a second Glock mag.

Overall I was impressed and would like to have one. I would like to try the 4.5 before I purchase one so Im holding off a bit. Id carry the HD in a heartbeat for CCW but as a Commiefornia resident I wont carry several thousand dollar pistols god forbid its ever needed and I lose it to the state.

Any specifics I can try to help answer lmk!
 
Shot it side by side with a an Athena, my P, and my S2C. I did not experience the “hot spot” that some have noted and I think that is just grip technique as best as I could tell, I have pretty large hands if that helps paint any picture for it. I prefer the grip feel of the HD to my P (Im not a grip safety fan). The trigger is not 2011 good, and why would it be since its a different trigger, but it is still really good. The biggest difference I felt was that the 2011 reset is more forceful/pronounced. I do not have much range tume with my CZ S2C yet, but I was able to match my split times of the S2C with the HD. In short, its still extremely fast and Id bet the house most people, myself included, cant push this thing beyond any boundary. I used the factory mags and had no issues (I shot maybe 200, but for the day it was 600-700). I did see one fail to feed with a Glock mag, and no issues with a second Glock mag.

Overall I was impressed and would like to have one. I would like to try the 4.5 before I purchase one so Im holding off a bit. Id carry the HD in a heartbeat for CCW but as a Commiefornia resident I wont carry several thousand dollar pistols god forbid its ever needed and I lose it to the state.

Any specifics I can try to help answer lmk!

Thanks for the detailed feedback. I have small to medium size hands so the traditional 2011 grips are a bit too large for me. I had a P once and it was unmanageable. I think there will be better fire control/trigger options down the road. The gun was just released earlier this year so given more time people are bound to come up with solutions.

The HD would be a carry gun and it would transition to a home defense gun once I get home. This is definitely something I would consider once I put 200 rds through a rental.
 
Im honestly blown away there is any negativity about these hitting the roster. Folks just want something to complain about I guess.
For the record, the Staccato rep said the mag disconnect could not be removed “as far as [he was] aware.” I assumed he meant physically, not legally, and I just asked him to check on this. Then the mag disconnect requirement FUD started flying. All of my comments were in response to the FUD; none of my comments were directed towards, or in response to, Staccato. Personally, I’m thrilled that Staccato is coming to California, and I hope these two HD guns are just the beginning.
 
Thanks for the detailed feedback. I have small to medium size hands so the traditional 2011 grips are a bit too large for me. I had a P once and it was unmanageable. I think there will be better fire control/trigger options down the road. The gun was just released earlier this year so given more time people are bound to come up with solutions.

The HD would be a carry gun and it would transition to a home defense gun once I get home. This is definitely something I would consider once I put 200 rds through a rental.
I would wager youll like the HD grip more than the usual 2011
 
For the record, the Staccato rep said the mag disconnect could not be removed “as far as [he was] aware.” I assumed he meant physically, not legally, and I just asked him to check on this. Then the mag disconnect requirement FUD started flying. All of my comments were in response to the FUD; none of my comments were directed towards, or in response to, Staccato. Personally, I’m thrilled that Staccato is coming to California, and I hope these two HD guns are just the beginning.
That wasnt directed towards you or anyone in general really. I was just surprised by some of the comments in here

I am curious though as Ive never competed, why does a mag disc make it a no go for competition use?
 
Lucky my finger reaches the mag disconnect on most guns for competition lol
More FUD. California does not require a “permanent” mag disconnect on new guns. I take it you’ve never spent the 2 or 3 minutes it takes to remove a mag disconnect from a SIG or even a Buck Mark. A gun buyer removing the mag disconnect does not “bypass” the requirement for FFLs to sell new guns introduced into the state as they are approved on the roster. Those requirements don’t apply to buyers. A buyer removing a mag disconnect is not a “work around” to a roster requirement for new gun sales by FFLs. And no third party will need to manufacture any sort of fix. Google “removing a magazine disconnect” or search it on YouTube if you’ve really never done it.
For the record, the Staccato rep said the mag disconnect could not be removed “as far as [he was] aware.” I assumed he meant physically, not legally, and I just asked him to check on this. Then the mag disconnect requirement FUD started flying. All of my comments were in response to the FUD; none of my comments were directed towards, or in response to, Staccato. Personally, I’m thrilled that Staccato is coming to California, and I hope these two HD guns are just the beginning.
Not about the ability to do it, they just aren’t going to tell you how.
That’s like a car manufacturer telling you how to straight pipe your ca emission vehicle.

While I was typing that I was saddened buy the pussification of America, spearheaded by California.
 
That wasnt directed towards you or anyone in general really. I was just surprised by some of the comments in here

I am curious though as Ive never competed, why does a mag disc make it a no go for competition use?
Probably the “show clear, hammer down” portion. You have to carry an empty mag or be able to reach the disconnect with your salad fingers
 
I didn't realize the last 2 seconds after the timer stops was a deal breaker.. I can't imagine it's because competitors don't have enough mags to keep an empty on them.
Idk I was an assuming why he disqualified it for completion lol, only reason I could think of.
 
You can be disqualified all the way until you are holstered and the RO calls the range clear.
Plus when you have 80 people to get through every second counts. I have done it both ways and man is it nice to not have to worry about a disconnect.
 
We have one on the range today (not CA version). The guy was saying it’s a lot better than the C2. The grip angle change made it easier for grip. I’ll ask to test fire it today

Ben sold at least two of these in class with when students test fired the HD.

It really feels good in the hand.

IMG_8661.jpeg
 
Plus when you have 80 people to get through every second counts. I have done it both ways and man is it nice to not have to worry about a disconnect.
I'm never rushing to holster. Once that timer stops I'll take my 30 seconds to holster my Glock if I want. I've never heard or seen a single instance of an RO or other person in my squad say "hey can you holster faster?" I am also the "slow" guy that waits for the RO commands. I know most of you fast guys just mag out, click, & holster almost as fast as you draw.. Maybe when I need to learn to do that to get out of C class..but I don't think that's my problem :)

I get that it's one less thing to worry about. I'm just surprised that the comment was that "competition guys" wouldn't want this gun because the mag disconnect doesn't enable you to holster in 1.5 seconds vs 10.
 
I'm never rushing to holster. Once that timer stops I'll take my 30 seconds to holster my Glock if I want. I've never heard or seen a single instance of an RO or other person in my squad say "hey can you holster faster?" I am also the "slow" guy that waits for the RO commands. I know most of you fast guys just mag out, click, & holster almost as fast as you draw.. Maybe when I need to learn to do that to get out of C class..but I don't think that's my problem :)

I get that it's one less thing to worry about. I'm just surprised that the comment was that "competition guys" wouldn't want this gun because the mag disconnect doesn't enable you to holster in 1.5 seconds vs 10.
Idk man I didn’t make the original comment lol.
 
We’re seeing a lot of change in the space. Staccato finally coming to CA is a big step. Canik also with their billboards. Rost Martin as well.
Meanwhile Glock discontinuing our g34.3 and only dwindling their offerings for CA… please throw us a bone Kathrin! 🥲🙏
 
Back
Top Bottom