18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Staccato HD P4 vs P4 California Roster

howi152

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
5
Good afternoon all,

I noticed that there is an HD P4 recently added to CA roster on 6/18. Anyone know if differences between the HD P4 and the P4?

Side question… is the P4.5 going to get added?
 
Good afternoon all,

I noticed that there is an HD P4 recently added to CA roster on 6/18. Anyone know if differences between the HD P4 and the P4?

Side question… is the P4.5 going to get added?
Only thing I can think is the first batch had magpul polymer mags and the new batch has mec gar steel ones.
I remember a similar double roster thing happened with Franklin back in the day.
 
Good afternoon all,

I noticed that there is an HD P4 recently added to CA roster on 6/18. Anyone know if differences between the HD P4 and the P4?

Side question… is the P4.5 going to get added?
Wow, you’re right. Does anyone know how to get ahold of that Staccato rep to ask what the difference is, if it’s anything besides just the model name?

IMG_9624.jpeg
 
Only thing I can think is the first batch had magpul polymer mags and the new batch has mec gar steel ones.
I remember a similar double roster thing happened with Franklin back in the day.
That makes sense.

Another theory I have is that it got added under incorrect name "p4". They added the correct "HD P4". If that's the case then we will probably see the "P4" get dropped after 30 or so days, once all the ones in the DROS system are cleared.
 
That makes sense.

Another theory I have is that it got added under incorrect name "p4". They added the correct "HD P4". If that's the case then we will probably see the "P4" get dropped after 30 or so days, once all the ones in the DROS system are cleared.
My purchaser just got off the phone with Staccato and they confirmed.
P4 is the polymer mag ones.
HD P4 is the metal mec gar versions.

Same gun.
 
My purchaser just got off the phone with Staccato and they confirmed.
P4 is the polymer mag ones.
HD P4 is the metal mec gar versions.

Same gun.
Talk about a controlling money grab. I wonder how much extra $$$ that cost Staccato to the state of California.


On second thought, does that mean P4 has a polymer mag release and HD P4 has a metal mag release? If that's the case then I'd understand it a bit more.
 
Last edited:
Damn I just got one with the pmags. I wonder if the new model will have a price increase or existing owners would get a coupon or something for the mecgar mags.
 
I spoke to a rep from Staccato today about this. He said they had to make some refinements to the gun. More importantly they are working on making the HD P4.5 California compliant. As soon as that's announced I'm getting one.
 
I spoke to a rep from Staccato today about this. He said they had to make some refinements to the gun. More importantly they are working on making the HD P4.5 California compliant. As soon as that's announced I'm getting one.
I was set to order a P4 but with the 4.5 hopefully coming in a few months it definitely looks like it will be worth the wait. If it follows the pricing conventions of the rest of the model
line it ought to be $200 more.
 
Back
Top Bottom