By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
Only thing I can think is the first batch had magpul polymer mags and the new batch has mec gar steel ones.Good afternoon all,
I noticed that there is an HD P4 recently added to CA roster on 6/18. Anyone know if differences between the HD P4 and the P4?
Side question… is the P4.5 going to get added?
Wow, you’re right. Does anyone know how to get ahold of that Staccato rep to ask what the difference is, if it’s anything besides just the model name?Good afternoon all,
I noticed that there is an HD P4 recently added to CA roster on 6/18. Anyone know if differences between the HD P4 and the P4?
Side question… is the P4.5 going to get added?

That makes sense.Only thing I can think is the first batch had magpul polymer mags and the new batch has mec gar steel ones.
I remember a similar double roster thing happened with Franklin back in the day.
My purchaser just got off the phone with Staccato and they confirmed.That makes sense.
Another theory I have is that it got added under incorrect name "p4". They added the correct "HD P4". If that's the case then we will probably see the "P4" get dropped after 30 or so days, once all the ones in the DROS system are cleared.
Yeah, but at least the 10-round metal mags are now available on the Mec-Gar website: https://mec-gar.com/shop/magazines/glock/glock-17-9mm-10-round/damn, early adopters got burned again lmao.
Talk about a controlling money grab. I wonder how much extra $$$ that cost Staccato to the state of California.My purchaser just got off the phone with Staccato and they confirmed.
P4 is the polymer mag ones.
HD P4 is the metal mec gar versions.
Same gun.
Shouldn't have needed to be tested again (except, this is CA, so maybe) so likely $200.Talk about a controlling money grab. I wonder how much extra $$$ that cost Staccato to the state of California.
I’m down to my last 2 HD P4’s.Riflegear just had a batch. I missed it
Jimi, if you’re close to the Madera area, I have one you can shoot.Where can one rent one around here?
I was set to order a P4 but with the 4.5 hopefully coming in a few months it definitely looks like it will be worth the wait. If it follows the pricing conventions of the rest of the modelI spoke to a rep from Staccato today about this. He said they had to make some refinements to the gun. More importantly they are working on making the HD P4.5 California compliant. As soon as that's announced I'm getting one.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!