18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Staccato's California Road Show

Can you at least let us know if there are other staccatos coming to the roster this year?

Or in less than a year?
 
I'm surprised they didn't pick Handguns and Hot Rods in HB and, Iron Mikes in Yorba Linda, where the shooters at these locations can probably afford a Staccato without breaking a sweat.
 
Currently at the LA one, and one of their reps say it’s on the horizon and just on the DOJ timeline…

So 2 weeks?
Yes I emailed and no set time but they think easier because 4.0 already is.
 
Currently at the LA one, and one of their reps say it’s on the horizon and just on the DOJ timeline…

So 2 weeks?
The dreaded two weeks!!I would prefer the 4.5" vs a 4". Long slide handguns are a big plus in my safe. I hope it comes this year.

Should I wait for a Staccato 4.5" or look for a Shadow 2 orange? These are pricey so only one is an option for a while.
 
hoping in the next year or 2 we see a HD XC come to the line, i know we wont get any 70 series on the roster so this would scratch my compensated 2011 itch.
 
Should I wait for a Staccato 4.5" or look for a Shadow 2 orange? These are pricey so only one is an option for a while.
My two cents: If you want to compete in Carry Optics or Production, and don’t mind paying extra to help fund some LEO’s boat or mountain cabin, get the Shadow 2. If you want to compete in Limited, Limited 10, or Limited Optics, and want to pay regular MSRP, get the HD P4.5. If you just want a great shooting gun for the range and don’t mind a mag disconnect (you won’t even notice the unobtrusive LCI so that’s not really an issue), get the HD P4.5. If you want a great gun to carry as well as have fun at the range, get the HD P4.
 
I don't love my shadow 2 orange if I'm being honest. I dont have an HD so I cant really say one over the other but my cz is nice and well made. Just not my fav.
 
My two cents: If you want to compete in Carry Optics or Production, and don’t mind paying extra to help fund some LEO’s boat or mountain cabin, get the Shadow 2. If you want to compete in Limited, Limited 10, or Limited Optics, and want to pay regular MSRP, get the HD P4.5. If you just want a great shooting gun for the range and don’t mind a mag disconnect (you won’t even notice the unobtrusive LCI so that’s not really an issue), get the HD P4.5. If you want a great gun to carry as well as have fun at the range, get the HD P4.
HD P4.5 is the one coming later in the year, right?

HDp4 is the one that just now got added?
 
HD P4.5 is the one coming later in the year, right?

HDp4 is the one that just now got added?
That is correct. P4 was added I believe in May. Per Staccato the 4.5 has been submitted and they are just awaiting approval. I am all over this as I have already put a deposit down for a 4.5 so I check with Staccato monthly for an update.
 
Back
Top Bottom