18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Take Down CalGuns.net?

If Calguns shuts down, guess what? This site will most likely get many of the Calguns classifieds here.
I no longer visit it because of its sorry state, but damn I do not want it to fail. I joined in 2007, and so much good information was shared there about CA Laws, etc. and I met over a hundred people IRL for sales, trades, etc; even becoming friends with some.

Plus, it’s kinda a living tribute to all of the members that have passed on over the years. I do not care for how antagonistic it has become these last years, but I hope someone can restore it back to it’s former glory.
 
What? I haven't been about to load the main page or log in for months. I am trying to load it on my phone as I type this... phone just said "The request is timed out."

If I ever get it to load I might go in and delete some of my profile, not sure it matters but hackers never sleep
It typically works for me. I see more new posts there than here, discounting the marketplace. I don't check the marketplace at either site. Hell, I just logged on to Calguns no problem.
 
I no longer visit it because of its sorry state, but damn I do not want it to fail. I joined in 2007, and so much good information was shared there about CA Laws, etc. and I met over a hundred people IRL for sales, trades, etc; even becoming friends with some.

Plus, it’s kinda a living tribute to all of the members that have passed on over the years. I do not care for how antagonistic it has become these last years, but I hope someone can restore it back to it’s former glory.
This is the case for many people. It is applicable to many things in life. I see it in politics and it’s very troubling as one has to be reasonable and logical. Imagine, if we made our decisions based on our emotions. We would be crispy critters!!
 
I just logged off of calguns. It typically works before 7am for me. 6am is even better.
It's pretty sporadic during the day and evening.
 
It would be good if they just pulled the plug since they clearly have no interest in fixing the site. Then lots of that traffic could find it's way over here
 
It would be good if they just pulled the plug since they clearly have no interest in fixing the site. Then lots of that traffic could find it's way over here

I'd prefer that it sticks around, it's still useful to some people.

Those that don't want to use it should just ignore it.
 
It always made more sense to me that after Gen Z that it should be Gen AA and then Gen AB
 
Amazing, CGN loaded for me this morning. I still wasn’t able to view my DM’s which has been true since before the summer. I got a timeout error when I tried.

Before that I was able to view my profile and I remembered that I don’t have any personal info there. I don’t see my email or contact info in my profile either. I had my occupation as Cat Herder LOL.
 
It typically works for me. I see more new posts there than here, discounting the marketplace. I don't check the marketplace at either site. Hell, I just logged on to Calguns no problem.
This is true.. We've separated the two sections between classifieds and forum for a distinct separation.

I still think Calguns should stick around. I would not have offered to fix or acquire it if I didn't think so back then. The difference for me is one is obviously more political than the other. The activity you mention is specifically from OT, which we tried but it's not something that's good here.

You can see here that more that 60% of the new posts are OT related the other 40% is marketplace. This used to be 70% marketplace 30% OT posts. This can be validated by the 9+ million posts in OT which is larger than the Marketplace which came later.

I've been tracking this since the beginning as a way to measure our progress in terms of marketplace performance. The unexpected insight is that 80%+ of posts are in OT and majority of them are political in nature and heavily bashing their political counterpart. I think there's a lot of people there that believe this, but I also think there are foreign actors there who instigate. When I first started this site, I noticed a lot of traffic from RU, China, and Eastern European countries. They still try to make accounts along with some other bad actors from other countries.

Something to keep in mind. It has open borders and was hacked more than once...
 
Naw there are still classifieds posts over there that aren’t over here, got myself something nice lol

I tried to send a PM to someone selling something over there last week. It took me 3 days of repeatedly trying to send it for the PM to.go through without the system timing out or throwing an error. Screw that.
 
Yeah, so it wasn’t like it gave distinct age groups, I forget exactly what was said but it was something to the effect of “ it can be considered harassment if you call someone over the age of 40 a boomer”
I see. The word boomer always makes me laugh when I hear it. 😆
 
In my daily browse through of the various forums I'm on, I see that Calguns is finally getting some variety of posting action. Had been mostly old stale posts up for months (when I could get on). Still, for me the biggest deal in not being able to retrieve past post or PMs. Much of that is just irretrievable, PAX
 
I'm confused, which generation is the one where everyone walks around in their pajamas looking at their cell phone?
I've been going to indoor ranges in pajamas and slippers with socks since covid.

Train in real life situations or something right? When things go bump in the night, I ain't going to be putting on clothes to go out.
 
Last edited:
I see deals on calguns that I cannot find here and vice versa.

I have yet to be scammed from all my 2A dealings in all my non-ftf purchases, and I average about 20 packages in per month, and I've never scammed anyone despite selling upwards upto $1k per item and being sent either paypal f&f or zelle.

Just gotta stick with instincts and "the too good to be true" rule. The most recently scammed people on calguns failed the latter rule, plain and simple.
 
In my daily browse through of the various forums I'm on, I see that Calguns is finally getting some variety of posting action. Had been mostly old stale posts up for months (when I could get on). Still, for me the biggest deal in not being able to retrieve past post or PMs. Much of that is just irretrievable, PAX
They’ve been speedy the last few days…
 
Back
Top Bottom