18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Take Down CalGuns.net?

Any body know where this server is physically located, perhaps? Is it AWS or something, or maybe local? At this point we should just ask the owner or an admin to decommission the tired old beast... especially if people are getting their accounts hacked. I can't even login to change my password.
Then don't use it!
 
As of 1:48 pm today, there were 159 active members logged in to the site. Pages loaded quick and browsing seems less bumpy. Password changed w/o problems. Hasn't felt this smooth since the 2010's.
 
Im sure this has been asked, but why make the name of this site so close to the old one? Im sure there's some animosity there, and there's a post once a day on R/CAguns where someone is still confused between the two.
 
Im sure this has been asked, but why make the name of this site so close to the old one? Im sure there's some animosity there, and there's a post once a day on R/CAguns where someone is still confused between the two.
Someone from r/CAguns donated the funds to buy CAguns because so many people complained about the original domain name.

As mentioned before, the name was offered to Calguns for free but they didn’t take it then got put up for sale.
 
Soemthing that could be huge is scraping it for posts and auto adding them here. There could be a separate link associated with the post to take you there. Could have an admin bot on there message the user that there are people messaging them on caguns.net
 
Soemthing that could be huge is scraping it for posts and auto adding them here. There could be a separate link associated with the post to take you there. Could have an admin bot on there message the user that there are people messaging them on caguns.net
Given how poor the uptime performance is, I suspect the extra load of a scrapper would cause the site to burn to the ground 😅
 
Jeez it's that bad huh. Are both sites owned by the same person?
No, different owners. Plus I don’t want to scrape too, that’s not our content. I can do it easily but that’s not how I do things. I’d prefer to pay for it or have it donated, but I wouldn’t take it.

There’s enough of that going on these days.
 
No, different owners. Plus I don’t want to scrape too, that’s not our content. I can do it easily but that’s not how I do things. I’d prefer to pay for it or have it donated, but I wouldn’t take it.

There’s enough of that going on these days.
Bummer, calguns is one of the worst sites I've navigated. Seems very active though
 
Boomers over 40???? Millennials are now solidly 40+
Reading this statement hurt a bit. It's a true statement, but it still stings 🥲

No, different owners. Plus I don’t want to scrape too, that’s not our content. I can do it easily but that’s not how I do things. I’d prefer to pay for it or have it donated, but I wouldn’t take it.

There’s enough of that going on these days.

Given it's bandwidth issues, pretty sure scraping data from calguns would double as a DDOS attack haha
 
This place is tops! In time (no offense) the boomers will pick it up. It’s like the transition from MySpace to FB to IG. Although, I’m not looking forward to the eventual influx of revolvers and muskets, that will come with them.

What's "IG"? Is that one of those new interweb IP locations? :geek:

The obvious answer is anyone under 40 aka non boomers.

The low-end cutoff age for boomers is 61 years old, I believe... So, anybody older than that qualifies as one. Anybody below that age is NOT a boomer. But I understand, we all look the same to anyone under 30 -- OLD !!! ;)
 
What's "IG"? Is that one of those new interweb IP locations? :geek:




The low-end cutoff age for boomers is 61 years old, I believe... So, anybody older than that qualifies as one. Anybody below that age is NOT a boomer. But I understand, we all look the same to anyone under 30 -- OLD !!! ;)
Seriously, I'm a millennial and I'm a little over 40. Ten years ago we were all being derided with our avocado toast. Now we are ancient ents with creaking bones and treebeards.
 
Periodically it's quasi acceptable but it's never going to unsuck or revert to what it was, PAX
 
What's "IG"? Is that one of those new interweb IP locations? :geek:
IG is Instagram we’re growing quite a bit there as I’ve switched up strategies by focusing on growth.

We’ve sponsored a few matches and guys at locals and level II’s. We’re building them as they build us and their own skill.

I can actually do a lot of work when we remove the distraction of politics and actually focus on building. Plenty of places around to discuss it.


1761060721785.png


 
lol I just took a workplace harassment training and it said boomers are people over 40…..must have been made by a Gen Z.
I thought boomers were from people born in the WW2 era ? I'm 50 and last I was told ,am considered Gen x . Which also I heard was the last generation that had mandatory "go outside and don't come back until the street lights come on " and that was only on the weekdays .
 
Back
Top Bottom