18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Take Down CalGuns.net?

This place is tops! In time (no offense) the boomers will pick it up. It’s like the transition from MySpace to FB to IG. Although, I’m not looking forward to the eventual influx of revolvers and muskets, that will come with them.
I can't make heads or tails on how IG (or X) work. I must be old...
 
As a boomer with revolvers, I’d agree. It’s the attitude.
Blaming Spider-Man GIF
 
Any body know where this server is physically located, perhaps? Is it AWS or something, or maybe local? At this point we should just ask the owner or an admin to decommission the tired old beast... especially if people are getting their accounts hacked. I can't even login to change my password.
Who the hell are you? Even with log in problems there is more traffic over there.
 
Haven't had that place load the main page since coming here so wouldn't even think of doing business in the classifieds; pay for an item and then can't access the site for another thirteen months. It's a scammers dream, no wonder it's infested with parasites.
 
What u get?

I’m not ready to reveal lol I felt like I spent a lot….but justified it with profit I made in a different place.

Haven't had that place load the main page since coming here so wouldn't even think of doing business in the classifieds; pay for an item and then can't access the site for another thirteen months. It's a scammers dream, no wonder it's infested with parasites.

Must be bad timing because I’m able to get in almost every day I try. Not every time, but I’ll try when I have down time and want to browse.


I participate if discussion more often here than there though. It’s not that much but over there it’s basically none.
 
Last edited:
Sucks they never fixed calguns. They owner said he was fixing it but it never happened. With the right leadership that place could be very successful again. There is or at least was a ton of traffic over there. I usually only cruised the classifieds over there.

This place works WAY better and I am happy I found it!
 
I thought boomers were people born in the 50s and 60s 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah, so it wasn’t like it gave distinct age groups, I forget exactly what was said but it was something to the effect of “ it can be considered harassment if you call someone over the age of 40 a boomer”
 
Yeah, so it wasn’t like it gave distinct age groups, I forget exactly what was said but it was something to the effect of “ it can be considered harassment if you call someone over the age of 40 a boomer”
OMG, how do these newer generations survive waking up from an offensive dream and no one to blame.
 
Even with log in problems there is more traffic over there.

You're really comparing against an active owner vs. one that's MIA. I really do feel for Kes, but CAguns is formidable because of my background and I can do this for significantly less cost where he would have to hire out.

For the upgrade, plus fixing the actual issues.. You're looking into the ten's of thousands of dollars, plus on going maintenance, not including customization.

Screenshot 2025-10-06 at 10.01.14 PM.pngScreenshot 2025-10-06 at 10.02.53 PM.png

It's going to take a lot of work to catch CAguns from here and we're still moving fast.

Plus it probably was hacked... If it was, every account can be possibly compromised. You should be wondering, what they are going to do about it...

I offered the solution here. Someone can and should take it there.
 
Who the hell are you? Even with log in problems there is more traffic over there.

What? I haven't been able to load the main page or log in for months. I am trying to load it on my phone as I type this... phone just said "The request is timed out."

If I ever get it to load I might go in and delete some of my profile, not sure it matters but hackers never sleep
 
Last edited:
At this point we should just ask the owner or an admin to decommission the tired old beast... especially if people are getting their accounts hacked.
The owner / administrator is nearly completely out of communication. One could ask them anything, and one would probably not get an answer.
 
Here and there are in a parallel universe with SKS Survivors and The SKS Files. There was a big rift in 2014 over Chinese dating by 1 year and the hard-core theorists bounced and started the Files. Similar to Calguns and CAguns in that one was old-school tech and often prone to outages, the other newer tech. Like Calguns, Survivors had a wealth of data, especially specific to the platform. In 10 years, the Files have become well established and a broader, more acceptable basis of dating/feature data throughout all SKS countries of manufacture. Still much bitterness and some of the OG Survivors have passed, more so than the Files crew. I've said it before, once upon a decade Survivors and Calguns marketplaces rivaled Gunboards Tucos Trader. Managed to buy and sell more than a few items since Calguns crashed and burned. PAX
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom