By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
Yes indeed.Beautiful, hits hard for a pistol, proven...only limitation is capacity. As much as I appreciate Glock's simplicity at half the price, every man should have a 1911.
Points naturally, the weight helps with recoil, make sense. I cringe when new shooters at shops get introduced to a .40 Glock or a JFrame.Yes indeed.
The 1911 platform is also one of my daughter’s favorites. She also taught her husband how to use them.
Armscor makes great .45's imo and they are affordable.
Those are new arguments to me. How are the ergos horrible and how is it difficult?Horrible ergonomics ... difficult manual of arms.
I disagree. The examples I have examined or shot left much to be desired. But, if the one you have works, then I am happy for you.
Those are new arguments to me. How are the ergos horrible and how is it difficult?
Shoot it. Be the first. If you elect not to, that only means somebody else will, and hopefully it will be your kids.I just picked up my first 1911 yesterday, and went all out with an unfired Ed Brown from a local auction house. Now I'm not sure I want to shoot the beauty, and maybe should get another 1911 that I won't mind shooting the hell out of at the range...
Decisions, decisions.
God Bless America, and God Bless John Moses Browning
THIS!!!
Those Glock guys…SMH
I actually own 3 but… there’s nothing like a 1911
Who on earth rides the safety for the reason of not engaging it?!Having to ride the thumb safety so you don't activate it under recoil is a goofy concept. Not only do some people risk the possibility of that action pulling the palm off of the grip safety and making the gun impossible to fire, but you are sacrificing a contact point of control by not having the thumb on the frame itself.
Great advice, I think that's exactly what I'll doShoot it. Be the first. If you elect not to, that only means somebody else will, and hopefully it will be your kids.
Your Ed Brown was made to be used. A lot.
When you start to own a fair number to high-end 1911’s, having shot all of them allows you the experience of noticing very small details and nuances of each one. Then start collecting from the lower price points, and you will be educated. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!