18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Thinking about purchasing a CZ97B .45 Looking for comments about this model sidearm.

Great gun extremely accurate just make sure it has the loaded indicator plate and be sure to use blue lock tire on it (very hard to find a replacement and without it your hurting)
 
I love mine 97B. Switched the grips for some LOK thin bogies and it totally change the thickness. Its a great gun, buy one, if you dont like it, sell it.
 
Very accurate and reliable. A bit on the big size, so people with smaller hands might have some issues. A double stack 10 round magazine.
 
I have one with all the work including E conversion from CGW. Somehow I ended up with about a zillion magazines, I must have duplicated orders without realizing. I'd planned to shoot some of the 10 round USPSA stuff with it, but now old age and health have changed plans. I hate it when that happens! Too bad the Tanfoglio pistols aren't on roster, some of the CZ stuff crosses over.
 
this is a very good pistol, accurate, will run about any ammunition and very reliable. the grip ergonomic is about 1911, can’t be much better. just you make sure to have a spare loaded indicator plate and I would also recommend a extra slide stop (SP01 is the same). change hammer and recoil springs around 4 to 5 thousand rounds. and I cannot recommend the cajun pro kit high enough any gunsmith can install. have a good time the pistol is really good and fun to shoot. why they stopped making these is beyond me.
5shotsunder
 
I love mines”s”…. 😬

@Eagle:

Would love to get a hold of a few more mags….i have THREE of the 97Bs…

Fits my hand so comfortably!
 
I love mines”s”…. 😬

@Eagle:

Would love to get a hold of a few more mags….i have THREE of the 97Bs…

Fits my hand so comfortably!
Greg cote has large frame tanfoglio mags in stock that work in the 97b and other cz based 45 frame guns. all made by mecgar and ive never had a problem with them in my 97b. since they're 10rnders they will ship to CA. cheaper than factory mags
 
Non Standard pistols...Unless there is very very good reason that hasn't been mentioned already...

Non Standard, what does that mean?

Replacement parts, if parts are hard to find now what will be like finding spare parts 20 years from now? Magazines, holsters, weight class, overall size, add up to non standard class.

Here are examples...

What firearms guy doesn't have a non operational piece in for repairs waiting on parts?
If a show & tell barbeque pistol has only one magazine who cares?
A special order holster? No problem. But it will cost you more, and in a color you were not exspecting.
French pistol manufacturer, MAS, excellent pistols. All steel, big, reliable. And they are heavy. MAS pistols are heavy heavy. Heck, a MAS 32acp is almost as heavy as a 1911. Demand for MAS, low. Example of olden days oversized pistols, some old dude named Walker, I think, came up with a SA revovler horse pistol the U.S. Calvelry used. Weight? No problem. The horse carried it. The Walker, great design, powerful. But the private purchases orders went to Colt.

Circa 1990s. H&K came up with a double stack 9mm P7. I've met some guys with Late actor Dan Blocker of Bonanza fame size hands that said "no way anymore'' trying to adjust to the size of P7M13. Beretta M34 and M35. They work. Magazines cost as much as the pistol. Great shooters, reliable, fast handling. And are heavy. Money can't buy replacement parts if you need them. Holsters for a Beretta 35? You jest. Clint Eastwood ditched the N Frame Model 29 for what? Some auto mag? Yeah, that model has zero demand. Not even CE could get sales up with that POS. I suppose .44 Magnum just isn't what it used to be.

Sometimes we want something because it is non standard. Okay. Fine. I don't look for approve from others when I want to buy a piece. As long you know that current production pistols with low consumer demand today will have less demand tomorrow.
 
Last edited:
A 97B was cool maybe 10-15 years ago. Why would anyone buy a 97 with all the modern guns available. This is from someone who at one point had 7 CZ handguns.
 
If you found one that is available to buy, don't think about it! Just do it! They are hard to find as they are no longer made.
I was able to find one and am very happy that I got it. Classic CZ quality and feel. It's completely stock and very good.
 
The title says it all. Came across a previously owned CZ97B. I have no experience with this make and model of weapon, was hoping some of you might offer some comments. Thanks in advance.

Too big, too clunky, and the trigger was not so great. I decided a long time ago the Glock 21/30 were superior in enough categories that the CZ97B was not for me.
 
Too big, too clunky, and the trigger was not so great. I decided a long time ago the Glock 21/30 were superior in enough categories that the CZ97B was not for me.

Thanks, already decided it wasn't for me, the gun felt too small in my hands so I opted for a FNX-45 Tactical, perfect fit. Appreciate the feedback.
 
FWIW, as the years go by, it's going to be increasingly difficult to find replacement parts for the CZ97B. Nevertheless, it shoots well and it's in the range bag on a regular rotation.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom