By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
I feel like once it's done like this, or to this level, it's no longer a milsurp, it's a .303 Hunting Rifle and should get priced accordingly which isn't necessarily lower than what Enfield's values would be.I've had a sporterized Lee-Enfield for decades. It was nicely done, but I wish it was un-modified.
![]()
![]()
![]()
Reminded me of the Argentine Mauser sporter I got from Martin b rettings in Culver City. Only thing I ever bought there. lolAvoid like the plague unless its bottom of the barrel cheap. Maybe if a bubba'd rifle is like 100 bucks it could be worth restoring.
Otherwise you're pretty much always better off searching for an unmolested example.
That's a pretty rare and interesting beast. What caliber is it? I know they were made in .30-06, .270 Win and the Chileans produced their variant in 7x57mm Mauser. Also, have you tried searching for a stock on any foreign sites, Chile, Philippines, Netherlands, etc.I bought a Johnson M1941 that has a sporting stock for cheap thinking I could find a mil-surp stock and turn around to sell it for 10X.
Here I am 10+ years later still trying to find a stock lol. At least it is still super cool!