18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Poll Thread Crapping on listings.. Vote!

Take a survey

Do you want to allow thread crapping on listings?

  • Yes - should be able to comment on price

    Votes: 59 32.2%
  • No - No comments on price

    Votes: 84 45.9%
  • Emojis ftw! -💩🍆👍

    Votes: 40 21.9%

  • Total voters
    183
  • Poll closed .
If you’re talking about forums, no one has raised an issue and I added a dislike button too. If people get offended and raise an issue then it’ll be addressed. The poop was meant to be more funny but some people take it too seriously

I get it in a discussion thread.

I think in a for sale thread, if people don't like the price they should just move on.
No need to comment or emoji whatsoever.
 
I get it in a discussion thread.

I think in a for sale thread, if people don't like the price they should just move on.
No need to comment or emoji whatsoever.
What makes sense to you doesn’t make sense to other people. The poll reflects that. One of the biggest problems with Calguns were unrealistic pricing. I don’t want to waste resources. Even if I say, no comments people will still comment. It’s a headache for us. So an emoji is the compromise.

I don’t have to deal with moderating comments, which btw I gave people who support the site the option to lock comments. It’s a balance.

If I look at CGN, they have endless bumps that are 20-40 posts deep. This is meant to churn listings so they’re serious. The emojis don’t stop people from buying if they want it, but it does give newbies a second thought to investigate more. IMO, that’s not a bad thing
 
The way you set up the classifieds works well to reduce the crud - IF posters follow the directions!

A button to bump (and a longer time between bumps) instead of posting endlessly makes a huge difference in keeping listings clean.
Preventing "opinions" saves on drama.
Having "ads" time out should reduce the zombie posts quite a lot.

When selling, it's always tricky figuring out how to price used guns, (or anything else!). Recent shifts in the overall market are making that even trickier (new "roster" guns that ain't a decade old, stimmy money running dry, no panic buying from "outside forces"...). The only real "plus" for the used market is the sin tax raising costs for anyone buying OTC at an FFL.

"Generic" guns will sell for fair prices eventually, or move fast for GREAT prices. Overpriced will sit and stagnate

When it comes to unique seldom seen stuff, it may take quite a while to find a buyer... and perhaps the "right" price will be required! I'm watching a few things, but until I sell some stuff, or the price is so low as to be irresistable... it's just watching things that are not a "need", only a "wouldn't mind adding that to the collection". Geographic undesirability due to the "Double DROS Drive" is a consideration as well, thanks to the State!
 
A couple years ago someone posted a Colt 1911 the USMC model. If I remember properly the guy posted it for $2500. I said, I would take it. A ton of people came on and said I was ripping the seller off. I never understood how I was ripping him off when he wanted a specific price and I said I would take it.

The seller pulled the listing a reposted it for $3500. It was complete BS that some Calguns members attacked me agreeing to buy a gun for the price the seller wanted.
 
I never understood how I was ripping him off when he wanted a specific price and I said I would take it.

Effing keyboard commandos.
I'm not sure why in todays society so many people feel the need to stick there nose where it doesn't belong.
It must be because they aren't doing it face to face, where they'd end up with some verbal backlash (MYOB a$$hat) or maybe a knuckle sandwich for something like that.
 
Back
Top Bottom