- Messages
- 395
- Classified ads
- 3
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
I understand it...I’m just shocked that people are shocked by this. It’s part of the growth curve…when everything ramps up, every thing ramps up.Yeah, but people threatening other people in DM's is a bit over the top. Some people took it too personally and can't handle a little emoji. I knew some people wouldn't like it but making threats took it to another level. So, we had to adjust, to keep the emoji but make it less insulting while still getting the point across that their price is high.
yeah.. i knew some people wouldn't like it 45% but i didn't think 5% would start threatening people via DM's, not a good thing. SOOO adjustments are made.I understand it...I’m just shocked that people are shocked by this. It’s part of the growth curve…when everything ramps up, every thing ramps up.
All polls have an over-under of 3%-5%, so the “threat response” isn’t that surprising.yeah.. i knew some people wouldn't like it 45% but i didn't think 5% would start threatening people via DM's, not a good thing. SOOO adjustments are made.
WOW….that growth line shows a steady and continued climb just after I joined. Coincidence? I don’t think so…..Just to provide some context with our growth, a lot of people still think we’re small. Sorta true and sorta not anymore. We’re adjusting things to keep the trend going and not slowing down along the way.
FYI these are Google analytics stats…
View attachment 38486
I'll take that under advisementI'd say publicly denounce anyone for something as dumb as complaining about and reporting a. Name them and shame them, it's the only way to be sure.
![]()
From the reports.. its mainly from people who said, DM only!All polls have an over-under of 3%-5%, so the “threat response” isn’t that surprising.
However, from the view of a Policy Wonk (me) I’d love to know if the 5% came from the 45% or the 55% sides of the ledger. If somebody supported the emojis, then got emojied, then threatened the emojier, THAT would be fun! Sorta, “Do unto others but not unto me.”
Best.
Thank you for being a strong supporter and contributor here. You and others have added a lot to the content section and helping people including myself understand things I didn't know about.WOW….that growth line shows a steady and continued climb just after I joined. Coincidence? I don’t think so…..
You’re welcome!![]()
Absolutely right, I don't get it. I'm just a simple dude and am just surprised that out of all the other importantDoesn’t seem like you understand the issue or the post. If you allow words, then there’s endless back and forth. Which there was regardless of the emojis.
The whole point is trying different things to land on something that works and can scale with the community. Since this post was posted, our traffic has grown 100% and doubled our users too from ~6k. Why wouldn’t we make adjustments to things now that we have experience?
Got a Tisas Stakeout and Night Stalker DS recently. Some really cool stuff for the money.185k users and not one selling me a tisas m45, a 586, or 92 compact
View attachment 38487
You're not wrong. But again, with this many anonymous butts, some will be hurt. If we could adopt an internet presence akin to that of a business office, the interactions could still be spicy but respectful and swirlies and eggplants would be served up and ignored. Alas, the internet is an undignified universe where indignation seems to be regarded as a right. The groundskeepers do their best, but I don't envy their job.And what's this about threatening? And how does emojis mitigate that? So some dude gets upset because you swirled on his ad, he messages you with words saying to meet him at the bike rack for a bruisin...so the strategy is to reply with a face full of eggplants because this now stops the transaction of words? Am I understanding? This is how adults on a gun forum are supposed to handle anonymous threats? How about just ignore them and don't swirly peoples stuff in the first place?
If someone's upset over an amusing cartoonish poop emoji, on the internet, we should all help them grow thicker skin by publicly outing and ridiculing them.You're not wrong. But again, with this many anonymous butts, some will be hurt. If we could adopt an internet presence akin to that of a business office, the interactions could still be spicy but respectful and swirlies and eggplants would be served up and ignored. Alas, the internet is an undignified universe where indignation seems to be regarded as a right. The groundskeepers do their best, but I don't envy their job.
There a lot of other topics. This one went dormant for awhile, but I made some changes. This was just one of many. You’re focusing on one of the smallest changes but there is impact. The bigger impact is the direct messaging updates. Which I didn’t see you hop into. For 2A related things there’s several discussions.Yea that'll show em real good! Go get em boys! Gotta teach him a lesson, how dare they get upset at Mr. Swirly!
This is what I'm talking bout man, is it Jr High or High School in here?! Alright I'll stop I promise haaha. Y'alls all too much for me, I'm out of this thread. Thanks for the conversation and poll. Everyone play nicely with the pictures now. See yinz around!
And what's this about threatening? And how does emojis mitigate that? So some dude gets upset because you swirled on his ad, he messages you with words saying to meet him at the bike rack for a bruisin...so the strategy is to reply with a face full of eggplants because this now stops the transaction of words? Am I understanding? This is how adults on a gun forum are supposed to handle anonymous threats? How about just ignore them and don't swirly peoples stuff in the first place?
Also note, I spend a lot of time and effort to build this place as a lounge for everyone.
If you noticed, that was changed and why I brought this post back up. I suggest you click on theBut it's ok for someone to drop a deuce emoji on threads.
IMO, that does not lend itself to having a polite society.
If you’re talking about forums, no one has raised an issue and I added a dislike button too. If people get offended and raise an issue then it’ll be addressed. The poop was meant to be more funny but some people take it too seriouslyBut it's ok for someone to drop a deuce emoji on threads.
IMO, that does not lend itself to having a polite society.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!