18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Poll Thread Crapping on listings.. Vote!

Take a survey

Do you want to allow thread crapping on listings?

  • Yes - should be able to comment on price

    Votes: 59 32.2%
  • No - No comments on price

    Votes: 84 45.9%
  • Emojis ftw! -💩🍆👍

    Votes: 40 21.9%

  • Total voters
    183
  • Poll closed .
can we set it so people can only post positive things about my listings, but negative for others
Canadian Judging You GIF
 
I think that user is just enthusiastic about price gouging, which is worse. Here is them saying on a post of their own that if we don't like the price we can go complain on reddit about it (while commenting that $2400 for an SP-01 is a good deal). Looks like someone knows the system and is abusing it...
I think people that do that (abusing systems within the rules) like to start 💩 more than they like to buy and sell and actually go shooting. There's always a few of them, no matter what hobby you're into.
 
Just made a change for the emojis.. There's a new list that's out to address some issues I've been seeing...

Now included thumbs down and $ sign.. I have a few more like 🦄 just for fun. Not adding those til later.

haha's & Poop are now Forum Only and say so. Too many people getting seriously angry and too much reporting.. I'm looking at you @pikachu ...

You may use the $ one which hopefully is not as insulting or thumbs down. I'm surprised how sensitive people were to the poop & laughing but we'll adjust. $ says pricey when you hover so that should be a clear sign that's not insulting.

Screenshot 2025-02-21 at 4.39.26 PM.png
 
Odd, I thought this was discussed on page 1. No matter where one is or what one does, Butts shall be hurt. Oh well.

/Segue/:

I was dragged in to emoji land by surprise the other day when I tried to provide a regulatory citation for a subdivision labelled "y" enclosed in "( )".
The result was: "(y)".
This is sub-optimal.
It can be avoided by citing only those references which do not have more than 24 subdivisions; or skipping the 25th; or by placing a space between the "y", like so: ( y ).

Or perhaps there is a more elegant means of addressing this.

Thanks.
 
I thought this was discussed on page 1. No matter where one is or what one does, Butts shall be hurt.
Yeah, but people threatening other people in DM's is a bit over the top. Some people took it too personally and can't handle a little emoji. I knew some people wouldn't like it but making threats took it to another level. So, we had to adjust, to keep the emoji but make it less insulting while still getting the point across that their price is high.
 
Yeah, but people threatening other people in DM's is a bit over the top. Some people took it too personally and can't handle a little emoji. I knew some people wouldn't like it but making threats took it to another level. So, we had to adjust, to keep the emoji but make it less insulting while still getting the point across that their price is high.
lol, a guy on here sent me a butthurt message once. Then I mentioned it on Reddit, the guy was on Reddit too and threatened to beat me up 🤣
 
lol, a guy on here sent me a butthurt message once. Then I mentioned it on Reddit, the guy was on Reddit too and threatened to beat me up 🤣
Hahaha, you should have seen some of the DM's I got for making a post about CGN failing from one guy, the F-bomb's were off the chart and none stop.
I dont think any post here got as many views (29K) or replies (over 900) and that was in just a 2 month time frame before the Admin's shut it down for replies and sent it to Casual Corner which I am very glad they did.
I never meant to incite people in anyway but what came out with all the replies was shocking to be honest, knowing I wasn't the only one that had long time accounts wiped out made me feel better in an odd way and the information being fed was really something else.
 
If someone is angry over a poop emoji on the internet, they have some pretty serious internal struggles and perhaps should go find professional help. 🤣
 
If someone is angry over a poop emoji on the internet, they have some pretty serious internal struggles and perhaps should go find professional help. 🤣
No kidding, and it wasn't just one person that reported it... It's been pretty consistent over time. I hope this is settled and is acceptable. I've also implemented some extra tools which is going to be helpful as the user base continues to grow.
 
I'd say publicly denounce anyone for something as dumb as complaining about and reporting a 💩. Name them and shame them, it's the only way to be sure. :eek:🏴‍☠️
 
omfg fellas, you guys are still on about 💩 swirls and dollar signs? three months later? seriously guys, you have to see how ridiculous everyone is about this. you have middle aged children wanting to use pictures to communicate and then there's the other side who are getting offended by pictures. meanwhile there's a simple solution which is to just use plain ol' English. You know, WORDS. damn dude, y'alls crack me up haaha.
 
Last edited:
omfg fellas, you guys are still on about 💩 swirls and dollar signs? three months later? seriously guys, you have to see how ridiculous everyone is about this. you have middle aged children wanting to use pictures to communicate and then there's the other side who are getting offended by pictures. meanwhile there's a simple solution which is to just use plain ol' English. You know, WORDS. damn dude, y'alls crack me up haaha.
omfg ya'll! 🙄
 
omfg fellas, you guys are still on about 💩 swirls and dollar signs? three months later? seriously guys, you have to see how ridiculous everyone is about this. you have middle aged children wanting to use pictures to communicate and then there's the other side who are getting offended by pictures. meanwhile there's a simple solution which is to just use plain ol' English. You know, WORDS. damn dude, y'alls crack me up haaha.
Doesn’t seem like you understand the issue or the post. If you allow words, then there’s endless back and forth. Which there was regardless of the emojis.

The whole point is trying different things to land on something that works and can scale with the community. Since this post was posted, our traffic has grown 100% and doubled our users too from ~6k. Why wouldn’t we make adjustments to things now that we have experience?
 
No kidding, and it wasn't just one person that reported it... It's been pretty consistent over time. I hope this is settled and is acceptable. I've also implemented some extra tools which is going to be helpful as the user base continues to grow.
Maybe add a Midol emoji . ;)
 
I find nothing wrong with the emoji comments.
I too faced the wrath of @pikachu , nothing wrong with that.
I actually found it quite entertaining.
Cm Punk Reaction GIF
 
Back
Top Bottom