18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Poll Thread Crapping on listings.. Vote!

Take a survey

Do you want to allow thread crapping on listings?

  • Yes - should be able to comment on price

    Votes: 59 32.2%
  • No - No comments on price

    Votes: 84 45.9%
  • Emojis ftw! -💩🍆👍

    Votes: 40 21.9%

  • Total voters
    183
  • Poll closed .
I second that. It looks like all's going to be good.
@ikeo1 I did see there was a lengthy exchange between you and "trappedincalifornia".
I didn't have enough time to find out what it was about, now the site is disconnected since at least 72 hrs.
Someone in the OT over there dropped the "F" bomb in regard to this site.
I'm glad I saw that, so I signed up the same day.

For myself, I don't see the need for a CNG user verification. I had a great time meeting folks all across SoCal doing PPTs since 2008.
Interesting, when looking at my feedback list, I would remember every single one. From the first to the last.
Well, now on to something new.
 
I second that. It looks like all's going to be good.
@ikeo1 I did see there was a lengthy exchange between you and "trappedincalifornia".
I didn't have enough time to find out what it was about, now the site is disconnected since at least 72 hrs.
Someone in the OT over there dropped the "F" bomb in regard to this site.
I'm glad I saw that, so I signed up the same day.

For myself, I don't see the need for a CNG user verification. I had a great time meeting folks all across SoCal doing PPTs since 2008.
Interesting, when looking at my feedback list, I would remember every single one. From the first to the last.
Well, now on to something new.
Trapped is an interesting guy. Super devoted to CGN which I respect. I'm glad you and others found your way here through those posts. Ultimately, they've helped spread the word and I can't be mad at that. I don't even think i typed out CAguns over there. Lol.

I see a lot of people meeting up these days and it's cool to see people interacting between CGN and Redditors and the like. It looks like people are getting good deals and people are generally happy with the site, which is something I'm thankful for.
 
when people ask way too much I think its ok to chime in and say, hey you are 1K over the 5 other listings here that are already not selling. I find it helpful for me if someone tells me that, although I DO research before selling or buying. Its hard to move on when there is someone just bumping and bumping some $3000 glock lol

so in the end we can only do the laugh emoji, is that where it stands?
Wht not just send them a PM, no real reason to put someone on blast TBO on their post. Item either sells or doesn't sell and the world will still turn.

One time I did PM someone on CALGUNS years ago about the item they were selling. A big box store had it on sale way cheaper than their for sale price and they basically told me to mind my own f'n business. So now I just laugh a ridiculous asking prices and go about my day.

Not everyone wants to hear your/our opinions.
 
We all should remember that someone may just be "selling" because they told their spouse/SO that they would sell some guns b/c they had "too many" (which we all know is represented by the equation n+1, with "n" being current number of guns owned!).

You never know what shoes someone else is walking in, better to be nice and just move along. Or if you want to make an offer there's the option to reply privately!
 
And FWIW, it's not "crapping" when you see a really great deal that you'd snap up in a heartbeat, but the "Double DROS Drive" would exceed your pain tolerance... to say "great deal!" to encourage the seller and potential buyers that might live closer!
 
There used to be plenty of law ballers out there, plus all the window shoppers and tire kickers.
How many times did I get sucked into a debate about the price I am asking, just to find out the guy never really an actual intention to buy.
Luckily, thanks to many years of experience, I'm not making those mistakes again.
 
There is a lot of Punk B's in here. Whining about emojis on this forum don't realize their precious calguns forum is exactly the same. Where y'all going to run off to?
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20241213-072010_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20241213-072010_Chrome.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 6
There is a lot of Punk B's in here. Whining about emojis on this forum don't realize their precious calguns forum is exactly the same. Where y'all going to run off to?
Ohh the irony… They’ve also gone full global censor and started deleting a bunch of threads and posts.

We’ll be updating a lot of rules and tech here. Starting off with updating our emoji list so instead of haha it’s gonna be a $ instead. We’ll have a wider range of pretty much everything in 2025.
 
Last edited:
Ohh the irony… They’ve also gone full global censor and started deleting a bunch of threads and posts.

We’ll be updating a lot of rules and tech here. Starting off with updating our emoji list so instead of haha it’s gonna be a $ instead. We’ll have a wider range of pretty much everything in 2025.
Yea, noticed they also have upvote, downvote on comments on non classifieds, somewhat like reddit.
 
Ohh the irony… They’ve also gone full global censor and started deleting a bunch of threads and posts.

We’ll be updating a lot of rules and tech here. Starting off with updating our emoji list so instead of haha it’s gonna be a $ instead. We’ll have a wider range of pretty much everything in 2025.
That would be awesome!

We need a symbol for “good price” and one for “overpriced” lol
 
Not sure why comments are needed on anything for sale. One of the great thing about this country is the freedom of the market and the forces of it. Sure people are greedy, ignorant, desperate for some gun for whatever reason, some that think 2k Glocks surely must be great cause they cost soooo much…all boils down to;

Willing seller and willing buyer. No buyers gets the market forces going.
 
Not sure why comments are needed on anything for sale. One of the great thing about this country is the freedom of the market and the forces of it. Sure people are greedy, ignorant, desperate for some gun for whatever reason, some that think 2k Glocks surely must be great cause they cost soooo much…all boils down to;

Willing seller and willing buyer. No buyers gets the market forces going.
We’re more community based so feedback to each other is ok. If it’s abused we’ll look for ways to adjust, like we are with the emoji additions. Freedom goes both ways.

If the buyer is willing, the emoji won’t make a difference and I’ve seen enough sold markings to know it doesn’t make big a difference.
 
Not sure why comments are needed on anything for sale. One of the great thing about this country is the freedom of the market and the forces of it. Sure people are greedy, ignorant, desperate for some gun for whatever reason, some that think 2k Glocks surely must be great cause they cost soooo much…all boils down to;

Willing seller and willing buyer. No buyers gets the market forces going.
if your product and price is so good it should be able to withstand a little free speech
 
If emojis are going to be the only tool we are given to warn our fellow gun owners that they are getting bum-hunted by greedy people looking for uninformed buyers then we need a buyer beware emoji or something like that. That should be the very least. Buyers don't become informed with emojis.
 
Back
Top Bottom