18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Poll Thread Crapping on listings.. Vote!

Take a survey

Do you want to allow thread crapping on listings?

  • Yes - should be able to comment on price

    Votes: 59 32.2%
  • No - No comments on price

    Votes: 84 45.9%
  • Emojis ftw! -💩🍆👍

    Votes: 40 21.9%

  • Total voters
    183
  • Poll closed .
when people ask way too much I think its ok to chime in and say, hey you are 1K over the 5 other listings here that are already not selling. I find it helpful for me if someone tells me that, although I DO research before selling or buying. Its hard to move on when there is someone just bumping and bumping some $3000 glock lol

so in the end we can only do the laugh emoji, is that where it stands?
 
when people ask way too much I think its ok to chime in and say, hey you are 1K over the 5 other listings here that are already not selling. I find it helpful for me if someone tells me that, although I DO research before selling or buying. Its hard to move on when there is someone just bumping and bumping some $3000 glock lol

so in the end we can only do the laugh emoji, is that where it stands?
Personally, I think that's fine, but maybe do it over a private message?
 
I could care less about the comments, emojis or whatnot. For those listing that have a 3000% price increase on items because they are “off roster” or “rare collectible in my eyes”….. I think they should be reasonable on the pricing. Granted it’s not as easily obtainable here in Cali but when you ask $3k for something that has an msrp of $599 everywhere else, that’s where it gets ridiculous. Thats just my .02 cents.
 
If you don't like the price, click "back", scroll on... Or if it's something you really want, PM a reasonable offer, with full expectations the answer might be "NO", and move on. Basic haggling 101 stuff, but publically shaming someone is uncouth (if you MUST call out an obvious absurdity or attempt to open a negotiation, PM at least keeps things resembling civility).

Overpriced lstings will "time out" here (vs. the eternabump on the L). If the seller doesn't get any activity, they should be able to figure it out.
 
I'll threadcrap if it absolutely has to. Like I will risk a suspension just so other gunowners don't get had.

Like if someone were to price the most unwanted AK-22 with mags you cannot find or buy that is usually priced around $250 for 3x the cost. I will gladly 🚽.
 
Emojis, seems to be a test how thick of a skin one has lol.
Perhaps. But I still think emojis are stupid and fall very short of a language. First, one has to look up what an emoji means and that takes up far more time than it does to say what you mean in the commonly used English language.

Second, who’s to say the emoji user picked the correct emoji. Or if it’s being used correctly.

I say zero emojis unless you want this site to turn into a panty waisted, foo-foo site full of images that have no meaning.
 
I think emojis are a nice and simple way to let someone gauge if their prices are whack or reasonable.

If people want to get anal about it, I really do think they need to toughen up and not take the internet so serious lol. I have seen people ask questions about posts both in here and CG and with the way the original poster can sometimes react I am like, "DAMN, did he just slap the guys mom or what?!?"

I post cars for sale on Facebook all the time, I get my fair share of "laugh" emojis at times and just ignore it. Honestly sometimes I do count the "laugh" emojis vs the "thumbs up" or "heart eyes" emojis just to see if maybe it is because my price is whack and I should adjust it.

I thought gun owners were supposed to be these thick skinned people who brush off meager bits of trolling....or are they a bunch of angry MealTeamSix keyboard commandos scared of a bit of criticism insulting their "honor" :ROFLMAO:
 
There's always the old adage:
If you don't have something good to emoji, don't emoji at all. ;)
 
California-focused gun forums suffer from serious delusion about prices, not even limited to stuff that is limited/hard to come by in California. People post stuff like scopes for more than I can buy it on Eurooptic. Anything action necessary to shame these people will ultimately be good and healthy for the marketplace.

Look at places like reddit GAFS where having a good prices creates a flywheel effect where more people use it and thus it becomes a better place to sell stuff with more transparent pricing, since you can see what comparable items have sold for over the past couple months. A bunch of stuff that is overpriced languishing on shelves helps nobody.
 
Perhaps. But I still think emojis are stupid and fall very short of a language. First, one has to look up what an emoji means and that takes up far more time than it does to say what you mean in the commonly used English language.
If you have thick skin, then you don't care what emoji is on your comment. If you don't care what emoji is on your comment, then you don't care to look up what the meaning is.

See, simple.
 
I guess it depends on the temperament of the person. Personally, if I got too many, it would make me rethink and take a look at my asking price again. I can also see how it would piss other people off that take things seriously. In the end, you can't please everybody.
Nah, it depends on nothing. There is not a single thing that I could read on an internet forum, on the internet, while sitting on the toilet giving my morning offering, that is going to offend me. And if it ever does happen, I have eleventy bazillion other web pages to peruse while I finish since my delicate sensibilities can't handle a random internet comment from a random unknown person. But then again, I suppose my temperament is better than anyone who would be offended by such. :giggle:
 
Disable all comments and enable auto bumps for ads.

That way no smart ass remarks to pollute the ad. The majority of people on CGN couldn't even follow the rule of ONLY posting "Ill take it". Its always the second party breaking the rule with some kind of unnecessary comment. It's selfish and inconsiderate. Their stupidity gets the OP in trouble and gives more crap for the moderators to delete.

Wtf guys? This is a firearms forum and there's "adults" on here that are trying to justify acting like children posting emojis of 💩 swirls and egg plants?!

Grow the F- up. If you don't like the ad/post just move on. If you can't use words to say it then don't say anything. Emojis are just an excuse for whiney adults to act like children and practice passive aggressiveness.

There's another web community where all the whiners and users lacking intellect go. Please don't turn this place into that.

@🍆asauraswreks - no comment voters maybe the ones placing ads, but they're also not the ones polluting the community by huffing and puffing about someone else's ads.
 
Just the other day, I paid over $20 for a Habit burger combo meal at LAX. Exuberant prices, but I blame the airport not the shops, my intrusive thoughts might have even blamed TSA or bin Laden for my $20 burger. As callous as this sounds, I didn't think twice about the single mom and how she would feed her kids flying to see their grandmother for the holidays while I munched away at my $3/per bite burger.

I don't blame the buyers/sellers, let alone will I vote on whether we are allowed to b*tch at them with an emoji. I blame the roster....

Sadly, there's always someone richer than you
 
The no comments is rising it’s getting closer, if you are combining the other two it’s still not out of reach.
 
The no comments is rising it’s getting closer, if you are combining the other two it’s still not out of reach.
It’s always close to 50/50 as noted early on.
no comment voters maybe the ones placing ads, but they're also not the ones polluting the community by huffing and puffing about someone else's ads.
Maybe not about ads but there is commonality, where many no commenters are the same ones that want to say whatever they want, including cussing, and if you don’t like it too bad. Just don’t do it on my listing, but I can say it to you.

If you can’t handle an emoji like cussing, get over it. Like you said, we’re adults. If an emoji is gonna set you off, then you aren’t that mature and know your price is likely too high.

Perhaps a middle ground? I have an idea, If you pay then I can remove the emoji and provide the ability to lock comments.

In the free version, gotta deal with it. Why might you ask is it paid? Because I have to add/customize code, test, and maintain it after the fact. Default, is free. Everyone gets something, more subscribers helps the platform for more users.


Would that work for people?

Edit: just looked at this, it’s too hard to do lol.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom