18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Poll Thread Crapping on listings.. Vote!

Take a survey

Do you want to allow thread crapping on listings?

  • Yes - should be able to comment on price

    Votes: 59 32.2%
  • No - No comments on price

    Votes: 84 45.9%
  • Emojis ftw! -💩🍆👍

    Votes: 40 21.9%

  • Total voters
    183
  • Poll closed .
Disable all comments and enable auto bumps for ads.

That way no smart ass remarks to pollute the ad. The majority of people on CGN couldn't even follow the rule of ONLY posting "Ill take it". Its always the second party breaking the rule with some kind of unnecessary comment. It's selfish and inconsiderate. Their stupidity gets the OP in trouble and gives more crap for the moderators to delete.

Wtf guys? This is a firearms forum and there's "adults" on here that are trying to justify acting like children posting emojis of 💩 swirls and egg plants?!

Grow the F- up. If you don't like the ad/post just move on. If you can't use words to say it then don't say anything. Emojis are just an excuse for whiney adults to act like children and practice passive aggressiveness.

There's another web community where all the whiners and users lacking intellect go. Please don't turn this place into that.

@🍆asauraswreks - no comment voters maybe the ones placing ads, but they're also not the ones polluting the community by huffing and puffing about someone else's ads.
Apparently I’m not alone.

Emojis are for children.
 
Emojis don’t bother me at all. I just think they are childish and shouldn’t belong in a gun forum.

And preventing all comments on postings for sales is an excellent solution. If one wants to make a comment, they are free to contact the seller directly and leave all the childish emojis they want. Just not on this site.
 
Last edited:
“calling someone a 🚬 is not sports 💩talking, its just being a 🌮. you wouldnt be playing any games on my field or range if you act like that.“

So I read that as
“calling someone a cigarette”
“It’s not sports Fosters Freeze ice cream”
“just being a taco”

ITS CHILDISH!!!
 
And it’s a foreign language to most. Why don’t we allow Portuguese? Or Russian?

I know, no one is forcing anyone to learn those languages but emojis are the same thing.

We all read, write, and speak English. We should have no other languages other than English. If you can’t say it in English, you shouldn’t belong here.
 
And it’s a foreign language to most. Why don’t we allow Portuguese? Or Russian?

I know, no one is forcing anyone to learn those languages but emojis are the same thing.

We all read, write, and speak English. We should have no other languages other than English. If you can’t say it in English, you shouldn’t belong here.
Well that's not very "inclusive," aren't we all about "inclusivity" here? Next up it'll be DEI hires...
 
Apparently I’m not alone.
You're definitely not alone, it's nearly 50/50. That's why we offer an option just like you can turn off the profanity filter if you don't want the cuss words. I'm glad the only bad thing you guys are talking about is whether or not you can leave a 🤣 :poop: or 🔥 emoji on your listing and nothing more serious. Hopefully the rest of the site is working for you in all other aspects.

Like anything though, it can be abused. We'll take that on a case by case basis. We may update emojis to be a subscriber feature instead to dissuade its use if things get out of hand. So far though, a lot of you guys are selling. We've managed to get past more marked sold than we list, things are moving. I'm open to adjusting rules as things grow so don't worry but while they're in place respect them is all i ask. My goal is to provide the community with modern tools. Hopefully, its good and it seems like its connecting people!
 
Shouldn't there be a 4th choice n the poll:

No comments & no emoji?
 
Imagine a person scrolling thru the classifieds so they can leave an emoji in somebody's WTS listing.
:ROFLMAO:
Judge all you want but I saw someone selling a gun that is listed online for $1,399.99 for $2,300 and they absolutely deserved it 🤣
 
Judge all you want but I saw someone selling a gun that is listed online for $1,399.99 for $2,300 and they absolutely deserved it 🤣
You say he actually sold it? Or it was listed for that price?
Frankly, there is too much hearsay on that topic & personally I wouldn't waste my time to find a proper emoji.
However, there is something new every day.
I wonder if all the 'high-price' whiners also post a (y) if there is a great deal to be had?
 
Besides, I don't really have anything I WTS. I managed to narrow everything down to a manageable number.
The 1 or 2 I could sell can also stay in the safe. Doesn't make a difference.
Especially, since every time I sell something, a short time after I go searching for something to replace it.
emoji: :cool:
 
You say he actually sold it? Or it was listed for that price?
Frankly, there is too much hearsay on that topic & personally I wouldn't waste my time to find a proper emoji.
However, there is something new every day.
I wonder if all the 'high-price' whiners also post a (y) if there is a great deal to be had?

No he is still selling it lol.

I think you are way over estimating how much time it takes to hover over the “like” button and click an emoji and move on while scrolling the classifieds for something good lol. Honestly with this site, I notice the “___ people watching this Listing” is a pretty good way to gauge price reasonability.
 
No he is still selling it lol.

I think you are way over estimating how much time it takes to hover over the “like” button and click an emoji and move on while scrolling the classifieds for something good lol. Honestly with this site, I notice the “___ people watching this Listing” is a pretty good way to gauge price reasonability.
So, it's listed. Fine.
I don't think I'm overestimating a situation as you describe.
I am searching, if I do, on a very narrow criteria. Meaning, 95% I don't even open or read the listing because I am not interested.
That's when I am actually "searching", which I am not. If I do "window shopping" I don't think I'll have enough impulse to drop an emoji reaction.
But, who knows. Now that I am in an environment that seemingly encourages to do so. Maybe I will. I'm easy.
 
Back
Top Bottom