18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Walther PDP Disassembly.........................

f, I need a little more detail then that LOL. Even the military manuals show more
I could not find a video that showed how to remove the mag disco but I followed this video for the disassembly of a PDP. His PDP does not have a mag disco but you'll be able to take it apart to get to the disco. You'll skip around because he takes apart the slide but around 11:15 you should be able to remove it. Grab the lever and rotate the cam. The lever will come off the the cam will fall out. The only difficult part of the process is removing the slide stop. If it's never been off, be prepared to give it a great deal of pounding.
 
f, I need a little more detail then that LOL. Even the military manuals show more
The instructions with the dynamic performance trigger cover disassembly of the gun.
Those are probably available to download somewhere.
Once you have the gun apart, the magazine disconnect quite literally falls out.
 
The instructions with the dynamic performance trigger cover disassembly of the gun.
Those are probably available to download somewhere.
Once you have the gun apart, the magazine disconnect quite literally falls out.
I bought a punch and hammer set, I already have standard tools for cars bikes etc like wrenches, what else do I need?


This? https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/1018875623?pid=840705
 
That's cool, I've never used a block
it made a huge difference as it kept it in place while i was banging on the floor of my garage.. i tried with a roll of duct tape and that wasn't working.. i have a printer at home so that part was easy but i had to talk the guy who had made the block to make one for the full-size which he did.. once i got the block and punches, it took 3 hits to free it.. before that, i must've banged on it like 50 times with another punch on a roll of duct tape..
 
I bought a punch and hammer set, I already have standard tools for cars bikes etc like wrenches, what else do I need?


This? https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/1018875623?pid=840705
A solid workbench and a roll of 1/2" or 3/4" wide masking tape to support the frame while popping the slide stops apart.
The narrower the roll, the stiffer the cardboard core is and it's the core that you are using to support the frame.
Make sure you are supporting the proper part when hammering so you don't damage the frame.
 
i tried with a roll of duct tape and that wasn't working.. i have a printer at home so that part was easy but i had to talk the guy who had made the block to make one for the full-size which he did.. once i got the block and punches, it took 3 hits to free it.. before that, i must've banged on it like 50 times with another punch on a roll of duct tape..
Was your duct tape 2" wide?
If so, that roll is pretty bouncy so it makes sense it did not work.
A 3/4" wide paper masking tape roll is very solid compared to a 2" wide duct tape roll.
 
Was your duct tape 2" wide?
If so, that roll is pretty bouncy so it makes sense it did not work.
A 3/4" wide paper masking tape roll is very solid compared to a 2" wide duct tape roll.
probably? i can't remember which one i was using.. it also didn't help that I had smallish punches.. I think most of the credit goes to those 1/32nd Crescent punches I got on Amazon plus going on my hands and knees in the garage lol
 
it made a huge difference as it kept it in place while i was banging on the floor of my garage.. i tried with a roll of duct tape and that wasn't working.. i have a printer at home so that part was easy but i had to talk the guy who had made the block to make one for the full-size which he did.. once i got the block and punches, it took 3 hits to free it.. before that, i must've banged on it like 50 times with another punch on a roll of duct tape..
Yeah I’ve never really worked on gun internals before
 
probably? i can't remember which one i was using.. it also didn't help that I had smallish punches.. I think most of the credit goes to those 1/32nd Crescent punches I got on Amazon plus going on my hands and knees in the garage lol
You can really feel the power down on your knees.
 
Yeah I’ve never really worked on gun internals before
I've done all kinds of work on 1911s and Sigs and revolvers and I gotta say, this was the hardest one to do from a risk perspective as smashing on your gun with a 16oz hammer is no joke lol.. i can definitely understand why so many people go to their local gunsmiths to handle the mag disco removal.. I had already invested in the DPT by this point and the mag disconnect block so I was invested enough to keep going! sure did spike my blood pressure though lol
 
Damn watching that disassembly video makes me glad not all disconnects are this terrible to get to.
 
Also, if anyone happens to have a takedown block or is willing to 3d print one, I'd pay for shipping and even ship it back if wanted (I'm in San Diego)
I tried a smaller roll of tape with what I thought was a strong cardboard core and it did not work with my set up
they're on sale on Infinite Armory for $20 including shipping.. $15 on ZRTactical's site plus shipping but they won't ship to CA
 
they're on sale on Infinite Armory for $20 including shipping.. $15 on ZRTactical's site plus shipping but they won't ship to CA

ZRT does list some dealers in California that they work with, so it’s worth checking them out and seeing if one is nearby or can order the block to ship to you.

Also for what it’s worth, I had success using the painter’s tape sold at Harbor Freight. I did use some PB blaster as well, though
 
Back
Top Bottom