Reddit has become quite hostile. I've used it for close to a decade. And I even was offered the option to buy stock during their IPO. They only offered that to people who mod subs, and have a high reputation. And I did buy some. At $34 a share, it was instant free profit.
But I digress. Over the last year, I had that account permabanned. I opened another, and it got permabanned after about 6 months. The next was within a couple of weeks. After that, I didnt bother, and I only peruse it passively. I no longer have, or am trying to create a new account. The mods are hyper aggressive now. And Reddit will just ban your account just for you reporting another persons post, even if done in good faith. So I dont know what their current end goal is. But its no longer the site it was even just a couple of years ago.