18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

What do you think is the best all-around 9mm that is on the Roster?

CCW is not really a factor in the OP "Something you would buy for enjoyment at the range, home defense, etc. Not something that is super specialized for competition or ccw/concealment."

What is the qual? Curious
City of Alameda
 

Attachments

  • 3681.webp
    3681.webp
    63 KB · Views: 71
I strongly suspect there is nothing wrong with the gun, and the UDs are actually ND's caused by the combination of no manual safety + light trigger with no trigger safety + light bearing holsters that leave the trigger exposed.

But unless I am 100% certain, I can't trust it. The peace of mind is gone anytime my gun is pointed (while holstered) at my kid or other people.

I realize that may not be fair to Sig, and I agree it sucks for them.
I'm pretty sure too, otherwise we would have M17/M18's killing soldiers and sailors everyday, yet it doesn't happen.
 
City of Alameda
That's funny, many cops probably don't even shoot that well. 25 yards kneeling, lol is this a CCW qual or a military sharpshooter qual

Edit: at least it's not that bad "You had 50 shots to score 170 points (out of maximum of 250). Despite the numbers on the target they were using a different scoring standard. You do not need to score 90%+ to register two guns. Just need to score 170 or better with both. (Thanks u/kmoros)"
 
CCW is not really a factor in the OP "Something you would buy for enjoyment at the range, home defense, etc. Not something that is super specialized for competition or ccw/concealment."

What is the qual? Curious
He said the best "all around gun", NOT something specialized. Best all around implies decent at everything, perfect at nothing
 
Pop Corn GIF
 
He said the best "all around gun", NOT something specialized. Best all around implies decent at everything, perfect at nothing
Exactly, thus why the Walther and HK are better all around :P

I'd still put P226/P229 for best all around while we are at it
 
That's funny, many cops probably don't even shoot that well. 25 yards kneeling, lol is this a CCW qual or a military sharpshooter qual
Tell me about it. I was low key scared to even try.
I did pretty good with both guns I wanted to put on it though.
I have alot of Law Enforcement friends. Im pretty sure im a better shot than most of them, except one. I know for sure 1 of them is better than me, lol.
I dont compete or anything either, just enjoy a hobby with my wife.
But yeah, 25 yards from one knee is ridiculous. I scored a single zero point shot with each gun, care to guess which string it was? lol
 
Tell me about it. I was low key scared to even try.
I did pretty good with both guns I wanted to put on it though.
I have alot of Law Enforcement friends. Im pretty sure im a better shot than most of them, except one. I know for sure 1 of them is better than me, lol.
I dont compete or anything either, just enjoy a hobby with my wife.
But yeah, 25 yards from one knee is ridiculous. I scored a single zero point shot with each gun, care to guess which string it was? lol
Which?

Yeah in the Navy I think we did 21 yards kneeling with the M9. Which CCW self defense shooting is kneeling at 25 yards tf? John Wick with his CCW
 
Which?

Yeah in the Navy I think we did 21 yards kneeling with the M9. Which CCW self defense shooting is kneeling at 25 yards tf? John Wick with his CCW
Its nuts, they want us to fail. I showed them "not today"
 
P320 X5 legion is a fun gun to shoot. If you can find a range that will let you shoot it.
Probably my most accurate striker fired gun
 
Last edited:
By that logic the Glock 19 is better than the Xmacro since it's an overpriced G19
But it's literally not. It has an FCU that allows it to be changed from a pocket pistol to a full size gun, different materials, ect. What you said implies every 9mm is a Glock. The VP9 does nothing different than a Glock, other than cost twice as much and look nicer. The PDP is an oversized clunky brick.
 
But it's literally not. It has an FCU that allows it to be changed from a pocket pistol to a full size gun, different materials, ect. What you said implies every 9mm is a Glock. The VP9 does nothing different than a Glock, other than cost twice as much and look nicer. The PDP is an oversized clunky brick.
Yet shoots worse than a P226, PDP Compact etc. Worse as a duty gun, worse for home defense, range and costs more. It's just thinner for ccw, the least important criteria for the question.

For range enjoyment, home defense, training, and general-purpose use, I’d still take the PDP. It has a better trigger, a better full-handed grip, more duty-size handling, and is still compact enough to carry if someone wants to. The XMacro is impressive because it shoots well for a slim carry gun, but it is still fundamentally a carry-optimized pistol.

If concealment is the priority, XMacro. If all-around shooting performance and versatility are the priority, PDP.
 
Back
Top Bottom