18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

What will Glock do in California?

Not sure whom are what you are quoting when you say ""something "lightly touching the trigger"", or where you got the half a pound number from? Please provide a source.

I agree with this statement, it would be defective. But where did you get information that led to the conclusion that something "lightly" touched the trigger? What does "lightly touched" even mean?
Someone above said that one potential explanation is that something touches the trigger, without fully pulling it, while the gun is being jostled. I used the term "lightly" to indicate that difference between a real trigger pull and touching it. What does "lightly touched" even mean? I have no idea, but I guessed that it would be 1/2 lbs = 8 oz. How did I come up with that? About 1/10th of the normal trigger pull. If you've ever shot a gun with a trigger that needs less than 1 lbs of trigger pull, you'll know how light that is.

I'm no expert but from what I understand the pull weight is a cumulative measure over the trigger travel that gets progressively heavier (stiffer) as each firing component is engaged.
The pull weight is the maximum force, which happens right as the trigger "breaks", meaning releases the sear.

This is an excellent video from Sig Mechanics that measures and demonstrates every phase of the P320 trigger pull. (very cool measuring device). At 15:00 he walks through each step with an accompanying animation showing exactly what happens and what is takes for the firing pin to actually release. Note the reference at the break to "the massive jump in pull-weight needed to bring down the sear". 18:45 "Peak force is a measurement of the total pull-weight.

And that peak force is the trigger pull. As I said, for Glocks it is typically 5-6 lbs, and I bet a P320 is similar. That is for the common trigger, not various competition versions.

But none of the details matter, and they distract from the real issue: Will a P320 (or a Glock or any other pistol) fire when (a) the trigger is pulled with much less than the normal trigger pull, and (b) the gun is being jostled?
 
Someone above said that one potential explanation is that something touches the trigger, without fully pulling it, while the gun is being jostled. I used the term "lightly" to indicate that difference between a real trigger pull and touching it. What does "lightly touched" even mean? I have no idea, but I guessed that it would be 1/2 lbs = 8 oz. How did I come up with that? About 1/10th of the normal trigger pull. If you've ever shot a gun with a trigger that needs less than 1 lbs of trigger pull, you'll know how light that is.


The pull weight is the maximum force, which happens right as the trigger "breaks", meaning releases the sear.


And that peak force is the trigger pull. As I said, for Glocks it is typically 5-6 lbs, and I bet a P320 is similar. That is for the common trigger, not various competition versions.

But none of the details matter, and they distract from the real issue: Will a P320 (or a Glock or any other pistol) fire when (a) the trigger is pulled with much less than the normal trigger pull, and (b) the gun is being jostled?
I would go even further, is the small initial trigger pull possible without touching it? Because that's what's not possible with other pistols like Glocks. It's totally reasonable that the slide can be manipulated in a holster but can the trigger move without a finger on it or some other obstruction?
 
Back
Top Bottom